Flint has connected.
Evil GM has connected.
Evil GM: Be on the map labelled 'wilderness' for now.
Kazi: k
Evil GM: Ben can't make it, Eric will be late, and Matt is sitting next to me
Kazi: I think Tanya is around
Flint: well, Ben dropped from the game
Ashling has connected.
Paul has connected.
Evil GM: I meant Dan
Paul: hi
Evil GM: Two weeks has passed since the sewer trip / last game session
Kazi: Much has transpired!
* Kazi is behind on her narration
Evil GM: Aben has handed each of you traveling papers (forged, and he'll warn you they won't pass close inspection) with the names of your choosing on them
Flint: oh, I should make some craft rolls, here, for the 2 weeks...
Flint: Craft (Engineering) « 1d20+11 ⇒ 3 + 11 = 14 »
Flint: Craft (Engineering) « 1d20+11 ⇒ 11 + 11 = 22 »
Flint: (flint earns 17g of pay in those 2 weeks)
Kazi: (( the Wonder Twins prolly rake in some number of bucks as well ))
Evil GM: The ship Aben has arranged for you is called the White Heron. It will leave at the turning of the tide, which is about 4 hours from now. Right now, it is early morning.
Kazi: (( which is quickly spent on booze and clothes ))
Evil GM: You can board the ship whenever you wish. Kae has already taken the horses to the dock
* Kazi is making arrangements for some trunks to be taken to the dock and generally getting prepared for the trip, but sneaks in to tearfully bid Aben adieu
Evil GM: ((except possibly Trista))
Evil GM: Aben will say he rented two cabins, fight the sleeping arrangements out on your own
Ashling: (( Trista can go with the others, saves time ))
Kazi: Kazi, Feliks, Ash!
Kazi: We're roomies already!
Kazi: Anyone else wanna join in on the fun?
* Kazi grins
* Flint leaves a hastily scrawled note for Novobitupur, saying he'll be out of town again for a while, and left payment for a couple of smoke bombs
Paul: I fit well into compact spaces.
* Ashling says goodbye to Aben and everyone as well as her favorite tress and resident critters.
* Kazi has a solemn conversation with Maksim about looking after the Frakkers
Evil GM: Lalinlor will already been in a cabin when the rest of you arrive, making himself at home.
* Kazi will make herself at home in the OTHER cabin
Evil GM: Maksim will agree to look after the Frakkers, and seems to be happy about it. When Kazi leaves, she will see Maksim throwing bits of straw for the Frakkers to chase
Evil GM: ((can move to the Ocean Voyage map))
* Kazi scruffles Frik and Frak fondly before she leaves, admonishing the two unruly kittens to behave before leaving
* Kazi gives Aben a hug and a kiss, and a hug and a kiss for Kae and Maks too
* Flint brings an extra backpack with all of his crafting gear in it, with as much extra raw materials/powder as he can afford (which isn't much)
Evil GM: Aben will warn you all that there are Amareth soldiers being transported on the same ship
Kazi: EEK
Evil GM: 12 of them, in fact
Kazi: I was in cabins with grody Amaethi
Evil GM: But he will arrange an introduction to captain Arrtu. Arrtu seems to be a solid man, who runs a good crew.
Flint: Amarethi soldiers shoud come in handy, if sea monsters attack!
Kazi: For bait, perhaps
Flint: That's not very nice.
* Kazi shrugs
Kazi: You are talking of people that are going to my home as an occupying force, sir
Flint: Who's a sir?
Kazi: I am not in the habit of being "nice" about it
Kazi: Why you, my darling
* Kazi smiles
Flint: Well, you're all eating the same food while on the boat, I don't see what the fuss is
* Kazi sniffs
Captain Arrtu: You are all welcome to be on deck, as long as you keep out of the crew's way.
Flint: Captain! I'm Jyoqiyouse Flintwhistle. Glad to be of service, if you need it.
* Flint offers his hand
* Captain Arrtu shakes it
Ashling: (( where is on deck? Ash will head there ))
* Paul finds himself reflexively hiding in the shadows.
Flint: Does your vessel employ cannons, good sir? I am qualified to operate one.
Kazi: Kazi Havel, pleased to meet you
Captain Arrtu: glad to have a gnome on board. A couple voyages ago we sailed one to Righnach, and he fixed our cannon for us. Aims much better than it used to
* Kazi introduces herself, and bows with a flourish
* Captain Arrtu introduces the crew
Kazi: (( yes, where is on deck? ))
Evil GM: Kazi is on deck now
Kazi: (( thx ))
Captain Arrtu: Kari is in charge of the cannons, though Jalo and Juha are also familiar with it
Kazi: Cannons?
Kazi: OOOOH
Kazi: Do those go boom to, Flint???
Kazi: too*
Captain Arrtu: Sobrotimiel is the other gnome we are carrying, he is up talking to Eelis, has this idea about redesigning our anchor that has me a little nervous
Captain Arrtu: Nehatinel is our navigator, though she swims alongside more often than not.
* Captain Arrtu points to the sea elf
Kazi: Neat!
Captain Arrtu: Launo is our cook, if you hate the food, complain to him.
Captain Arrtu: he's deaf as a post about it though
* Kazi nods solemnly
Captain Arrtu: Niko is our cargomaster
Flint: How many crew in total, Captain?
Captain Arrtu: Kapo, Mauno, and Heikki are the others
Captain Arrtu: 10. 11, if you count me
Flint: 11 ... and a half! *Flint points to himself*
Captain Arrtu: 12 if you count both gnomres
* Captain Arrtu winks
Kazi: Oh, can I be like an honorary crew member?
Kazi: I can be Flint's assistant!
Kazi: Assistant boom boom person!
* Kazi nods excitedly
Flint: yes, very good! although I think they have people to man the cannons already...
C. Adelard: well, this should be an interesting voyage
Kazi: What say ye, Flint?
Kazi: Oh
* Kazi seems crestfallen
* Flint looks sullen
Captain Arrtu: Please no boom boom on this voyage, unless we run into pirates
Kazi: Pirates???
* Kazi looks excited
* C. Adelard bows to Ashling and Kazi, then to Flint
* Kazi looks puzzled
C. Adelard: Indeed, the pirates have been a problem lately in the Elvish waters.
Flint: Oh, hello, Mr. ...?
C. Adelard: ((is one of the Amareth soldiers, with a rank badge on))
* Kazi attempts to keep her scowl in check
C. Adelard: I am Adelard, in charge of the squad. Captain Attru, you will of course let my men know if you need anything? I assure you, all are capable of deck swabbing if needed
Flint: I'm J. Flintwhistle *offers hand, and a big gap-tooth smile*
Captain Arrtu: Don't know that it will be necessary, but we'll be glad to have you if we must fight pirates. We can outrun most anything though
* Kazi mutters something in a low voice in Sclavini
C. Adelard: Pleasure to meet you lord Flint.
* Paul scans the deck, staying out of sight as much as he is able.
* Kazi plasters on a gracious smile
Kazi: Kazi Havel, pleased to meet you, sir
* Kazi bows with grace and ease
C. Adelard: Madam Havel, an honor.
* C. Adelard bows
* C. Adelard glances to Ashling and then to Kazi, then drops his voice
C. Adelard: If any of my squad gives you ladies any trouble, do let me know, and I will deal with it.
* Kazi smiles
Kazi: Oh, I think my husband more than able to handle any problems, but thank you, sir
C. Adelard: Men do sometimes forget their manners when out of sight of land
* C. Adelard nods
Ashling: What if we ladies wish to give them trouble?
* Ashling smiles.
Flint: I heard a story once from my grandfather that it was bad luck to have women aboard. Is that true?
* Kazi giggles
* Kazi grins at Flint
C. Adelard: Depends on the woman.
Flint: I guess we'll find out!
C. Adelard: Being cooped up on a ship for a month with my wife would be bad luck indeed
* C. Adelard laughs
* Flint join in
* Kazi raises an expressive eyebrow
Flint: Though I shouldn't laughl I dont' know your wife.
* Captain Arrtu begins giving directions to the crew to set sail
C. Adelard: bah, she's too good a woman for the likes of me, and lets me know it
* C. Adelard winks
Kazi: (( assuming Feliks is somewhere on board? ))
Evil GM: ((in his cabin))
Evil GM: ((voyage will take a few days))
Evil GM: ((QB will be in the cabin with Lalinlor))
Flint: (( did you say there were gnomes as part of the crew? ))
Kazi: (( Kazi, Feliks, Ash can bunk together ))
Evil GM: ((a gnome passenger))
* Ashling spends as little time in her cabin as possible.
Sobrotimiel: Hello all
Sobrotimiel: Lovely to be out at sea
Sobrotimiel: And where are you all headed?
Flint: (( description of this fellow? ))
Ashling: (( but not because of her cabinmates ))
Sobrotimiel: ((short, even for a gnome, with a beard down to his knees and braided. Wears a jacket with about 753 pockets))
Kazi: (( we're besties ))
Paul: ((is Paul welcome with you?))
Flint: nice to meet you! I'm Jyoqiyuouse (gives the secret gnomish handshake) .... I must say, that is an INCREDIBLE jacket.
Kazi: (( sure ))
Sobrotimiel: Why thank you. Custom made by a lovely elf woman in Shieldmeet. And what is your specialty?
Flint: i'm in the firearms business. here's my card.
Evil GM: The Amareth will occasionally walk the deck, and they seem friendly enough, though there is a lot of grumbling regarding their destination
* Kazi wanders the deck with Ashling talking quietly to her in the nifty language of the Fey, and teaching her a few new Sclavini phrases
Flint: "J. Flintwhistle, Novobitupur's Firearms, no explosion too small! Appointments available"
Evil GM: Seems this squad was supposed to be in Shieldmeet for another 6 months
Ashling: Excellent, I'll have to try these out.
Sobrotimiel: My specialty is ropes. I've been trying to explain to Captain Attru that I have a rope garunteed to hold twice as much weight without getting waterlogged as the one he is using now, but he won't let me trade it out.
Ashling: Especially the insults.
* Ashling laughs.
* Kazi giggles
Kazi: Oh yes!
Evil GM: Seems some Sclavini set fire to a church in the port city, and the Amareth are a bit ticked off about it and increasing the number of soldiers there
* Kazi goes on to describe particularly effective ways to use different insults
* Kazi listens in with some interest
* Heikki keeps trying to listen in on the conversation and occasionally repeats a few of the words under his breath
Cesaire: can't believe we are being called back to deal with a bunch of ignorant heathens
Ashling: (( dear god, is that Linus back from the dead? ))
Basile: what do you expect from daemon worshippers?
* Flint will try to talk his way up to the crow's nest, if there is one.
Evil GM: ((no, it's his evil twin cousin))
* Kazi keeps a pleasant smile on her face
Cesaire: You'd think they'd appreciate what civilization can bring
* Kazi says something incredibly insulting about them in Sclavini
Basile: After we'd built them a school and everything
Cesaire: bah, they like being ignorant.
Kazi: Oh, book learning, so overrated!
Kazi: Ha ha ha ha ha
* Kazi tosses her hair prettily
* Basile glances over at Kazi and makes a crude comment about her legs
* Cesaire laughs
Kazi: Ah, such refined gentlemen you are!
Kazi: height of culture
Kazi: Indeed!
* Kazi rolls her eyes
* Cesaire whispers in a voice that can be heard a ways off 'I do hear things about what those Sclavini women get up to'
* Kazi yawns
* Basile in a similar whisper 'thats why the men rebel, afraid their women will learn what it is like with real men'
* Ashling bursts out laughing.
C. Adelard: Cesaire, Basile, cabin. Now.
* Kazi similarly bursts out in gales of laughter
* Cesaire gets a deer caught in a bowman's sites kind of look on his face
* Basile turns slightly green
* Basile goes downstairs
* Cesaire follows
C. Adelard: My apologies, ladies.
* Kazi smiles graciously
C. Adelard: enjoy your conversation up here. I fear I need to deal with a matter below decks
Ashling: They were most amusing.
Captain Arrtu: They are in a bit of trouble now I suppose.
* Flint will try to talk his way up to the crow's nest, if there is one.
* Kazi shrugs
Evil GM: There is, and Arrtu has no problem with Flint going up there
Flint: (from way overhead) Kazi! hey!!
Kazi: Hey there Flint!!!
* Flint waves excitedly
* Kazi waves back
Evil GM: Next time Cesaire and Basile are seen on deck, they will both walk a bit gingerly and be careful not to sit down, much to the apparent amusement of their fellows.
Kazi: How's the view, Flint?
* Flint puts his goggles on
Flint: incredible!
Evil GM: About a week into the voyage, the weather will get a bit rough.
Kazi: Not that you'd catch me up there!
* Kazi shudders
Evil GM: Anyone with a tender stomach is probably upchucking quite a bit
* Kazi likes sea travel
Kazi: Woohoo!
Evil GM: Only two of the Amareth, Adelard and another man called Gaspard, are still willing to leave their cabins. The others spend the rest of the voyage groaning
* Paul is comfortable in a nook in the hold, used to being in tight spaces.
Paul: cabin*
Evil GM: 13 days in, Arrtu announces there is land in sight (Flint can probably see it, if he is still in the crow's nest)
* Ashling tries to convince the fresh air will help. She'll offer herbal tummy soothers also.
* Kazi is at the prow of the ship, enjoying getting ocean spray in her face
Flint: (he spends a lot of time up there, yes)
* Kazi does a lot of general woohooing and such
Evil GM: The herbs will help a few of the Amareth, and for the rest of the voyage they will pretty much treat Ashling like a queen.
Ashling: (( sweet ))
Evil GM: A man called Pons will be so grateful for the relief from vomiting that he'll even take over cleaning after your horses.
Evil GM: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 3 + 8 = 11 »
* Kazi is quite excited at the prospect of returning home
Evil GM: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 12 + 6 = 18 »
* Ashling grooms Trista daily and talks to her.
Evil GM: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 18 + 4 = 22 »
Kazi: Even if it is to Amarethi occupied shithole Bohdan
Ashling: (in Isibael)
* Ashling also attempts to catch fish for Una.
Flint: You should use a gnomish fishing rod, Ashling! (offers his musket)
* Kazi wonders if attempting to tumble on board the deck of a ship is wise or not
Ashling: Um, then how do it get the bits out of the water?
Ashling: do I*
Flint: hmmm. I never thought of that....
Evil GM: The first view of the city is quite impressive. The cliffs surrounding the port are about 200 feet high and jagged. Atop one sits what is obviously a temple to Samad. The city itself is surrounded by an impressive stone wall that flows into the cliff-sides, and most of the buildings within are also stone. The river is about 300 feet across at the point it meets the ocean
* Kazi 's eyes narrow at the sight of the temple of the usurper godling
* Kazi mutters, "May the Grey Wolf preserve us" in Sclavini
Evil GM: ((Kazi has been to this city before, yes?))
Kazi: Yes
Ashling: (( Ash probably has too - left from here to go to Shieldmeet, I 'd imagine ))
Kazi: (( I am assuming she and Feliks and the caravan departed from this city ))
Evil GM: Kazi will recall that about 5 years ago, atop this cliff was a fey ring around a stone obelisk carved with the markings of all the Sclavini gods
* Kazi is growling softly in the back of her throat
Evil GM: Arrtu will direct his people to one of the docks. On the dock are 4 Amareth soldiers waiting.
Kazi: (( Mr. Perky Ears may hear that ))
Evil GM: ((If he does, he doesn't say anything))
Evil GM: ((Since I decided not to draw the port city, go to wilderness map
Flint: « 1d20+10+mod ⇒ 1 + 10 + 0 = 11 » Listen Check!!
Flint: (maybe he didn't after all...)
Evil GM: Captain Attru will suggest you visit the Dancing Bear inn, as it has some gnome-sized rooms
Kazi: (( he was up in the crow's nest? ))
* Kazi bows to the Captain
Kazi: Many thanks, Captain Attru
Ashling: Yes, thank you, Captain.
* Paul leaves the ship as quietly as he arrived.
Kazi: It was a pleasant journey, all things considered
* Kazi grins
Ashling: Mm.
Evil GM: The Amareth soldiers will quietly check your papers as you enter, but don't seem to find anything amiss
* Flint shakes hands with those he's met, wishing them happy trails.
* Ashling waves goodbye to the soldiers.
Ashling: (the ones we sailed with)
* Kazi offers them no such courtesy
* Kazi is still growling softly
Evil GM: ((Go to wilderness map))
* Ashling rolls: 1d20+10+MOD Listen => 9 + 10 + 0 = 19
Evil GM: The Amareth guards will note down your names and check your weapons
Ashling: You sound Una's stomach when she's hungry.
Ashling: sound like*
* Kazi gives Ashling a pained smile
Evil GM: They will insist on peace-tying and sealing your weapons, with dire warnings about what will happen if you are caught with broken seals on the weapons.
Kazi: (( how does one peace-tie a clawed bracer, I wonder? ))
Evil GM: And you make it safely to the Dancing Bear Inn
Ashling: (( how do you peace-tie a sling also? ))
* Flint insists that the Guards PLEASE be careful with his guns
Evil GM: probably put it in a sealed bag
* Kazi is extremely disgruntled
* Paul unstrings his shortbow and ties his rapier.
Evil GM: The guards will be fascinated by the gun and ask Flint tons of questions about it. In fact, they end up so fascinated, they hand it back to him without sealing it
Flint: (( woo hoo!!!!))
* Flint is happy to answer any and all questions about it
Ashling: Is there any way we can just leave the city today and not stay here?
Evil GM: Of course. You have horses and everything
Flint: what's the rush?
Paul: Where are we going?
Evil GM: And a rough map to where you are going
Flint: I could use some porridge.
Kazi: It's extremely unpleasant here
Evil GM: You'll want to take the north road out of the city.
* Kazi is snarling
Paul: Well, I'd like to stop by the market.
Flint: oh, bother. what is it, Kazi?
Evil GM: You will actually pass through the market on the way to the north gates. It is about noon when you get through all the disembarking rigamorale
Kazi: I'll explain later
Flint: let's go get a candied apple.
* Kazi keeps glaring up the hill
* Flint tugs on Kazi's sleeve
Kazi: Hmmm?
Kazi: Ok
* Kazi is in such a foul mood that even sweets doesn't seem to be able to break it
* Flint looks over the map while munching on a snack. how far does it look?
* Kazi glances over his shoulder
Evil GM: At least 3 weeks journey, considering how the road twists and turns through the cliffs. You can follow the road along the river until a canyon makes that impossible and the road begins winding
Flint: You know, this road is probably patrolled by those soldiers you don't like...
Evil GM: cross country travel in Sclavini is considered to be suicide by most
Kazi: only for a while
* Kazi shrugs
Kazi: They probably don't much care to be outside the city much
* Kazi grins wolfishly
Ashling: I, on the other hand, would love to get out of the city.
Evil GM: Outside the city is about another mile or so of small farms, then forest. Thick, dark, heavy forest
Kazi: (( Kazi knows the right sort of things to make a proper offering? ))
Evil GM: ((spot checks))
Evil GM: ((yep))
Kazi: (( ok, she acquires them ))
Evil GM: and haunted forest. Did I mention haunted forest
Evil GM: ((Flint and Ashling, you notice Paul selling things at the market))
Flint: (what kind of things?)
Evil GM: ((you'll have to ask him ))
* Kazi goes about acquiring the proper items for offerings
Evil GM: ((costs about 3 copper))
Feliks has connected.
* Flint leaves Paul to his business
Evil GM: It will take you about two days to reach the next town
Evil GM: and about 4 days to the Andrzej border
Evil GM: bandit activity is nearly non-existant around here
Kazi: Are we in the forest yet?
Evil GM: take you an hour to reach the forest after you leave town
Ashling: (( yay, forest -even haunted forest ))
* Kazi will be careful to stop and perform the rituals before entering
Feliks: hello?
* Kazi makes offerings to the gods, and one to The Grey Wolf as well
Flint: oy, Feliks! you've been quiet.
Kazi: Hello Darlin'
Flint: (you probably don't have Con damage anymore)
Kazi: Home sweet home, except for the Dirty Amarethi
Feliks: did I sleep through the whole trip?
Kazi: Something like that
Kazi: Sea sickness?
Paul: Excuse me guys, can you hold on a moment? I have to go pray in the halfling temple.
Flint: oh! erm, go right ahead...
Flint: *whispers* didn't take him for the religious type...
Kazi: Um
* Kazi whispers something to Feliks
Flint: unless that was a euphemism for something...
Kazi: There aren't any Halfling temples in Sclavini, in my recollection
Evil GM: So everyone makes it out of the city safely-ish
Evil GM: with all your horses and assorted wildlife
Paul: riding dog!
Evil GM: Most of the trip will look like the map drawn there. Lots of heavy trees, and a road.
Evil GM: After a couple days journey, the road will be overgrown in places
Paul: On the first night out of the city, Paul gives each of you 200 gp.
Ashling: What is this for?
Paul: Being my reliable and trusted allies.
Flint: you're most generous!
Ashling: I don't need to be paid for that. (tries to give it back)
Evil GM: After the second day, it starts to rain.
Evil GM: a lot
* Kazi grins
Paul: No, consider it a gift then.
Kazi: Why Paul! You naughty man!
Paul: A gift for nature.
Flint: crud... (covers his guns & ammo so they don't get wet)
Kazi: (( are we in Andrzej? ))
* Ashling sighs and gives in.
Evil GM: ((about another's day journey will get you over the border, but then the trail becomes rough))
Evil GM: ((Feliks and Kazi will note these are the usual summer storms, and there is going to be some lightning))
Kazi: I can't wait to leave this traitorous Bohdan!
Evil GM: The canyon is the border, and you reach it just as the rain stops.
Evil GM: The city on the border is known as Sangrida.
Evil GM: ((spot checks?))
Evil GM: ((you all see some men sneaking through the trees towards you))
Flint: uh oh! who're they?!
Evil GM: ((they fail to get a surprise round on you, go ahead and roll initiatives))
Kazi: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 20 + 2 = 22 »
Ashling: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 8 + 2 = 10 »
Flint: Initative roll: « 1d20+3+mod ⇒ 6 + 3 + 0 = 9 »
Feliks: Initiative: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 12 + 5 = 17 »
Flint: is it bad that we see their HP and AC?
Paul: Initiative « 1d20+4 ⇒ 7 + 4 = 11 »
Evil GM: Kazi, Bandit 1, Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Evil GM: ((maybe ))
Evil GM: They are headed towards you, and look disreputable. Kazi, you go first.
* Kazi rolls: 1d20+4+2+6 Diplomacy => 8 + 4 + 2 + 6 = 20
Kazi: In Sclavini...
Kazi: Greetings, fellows, and what brings you out this stormy
Kazi: day?
Bandit Captain: (also in Sclavini) Take that bitch alive, kill the others.
Kazi: Ok, can I act. then?
Evil GM: yep
Kazi: which one is the Capn
Ashling: (( apparently your diplomacy didn't work ))
Evil GM: ((the one labelled 'Bandit Captain'))
Kazi: I see a lot of q mark
Flint: read the labels
Kazi: Ok, Blast away
* Kazi is home, fuck subtlety
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 11 + 4 + 0 = 15 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 5 + 0 = 5 »
Kazi: ranged touch
Kazi: on capn
* Bandit Ranger falls back against a tree, grunting
* Bandit Captain falls back against a tree, grunting
Kazi: You should learn some manners, sir
Kazi: done
Bandit Captain: (in Sclavini) Kill the bitch too
Kazi: He's not very nice, Feliks
Evil GM: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 3 + 5 = 8 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » on Lalinlor
Bandit 4: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » on Paul
Bandit 1: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » on Paul
Bandit 5: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » on Feliks
Bandit 3: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » on Feliks
Evil GM: Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Feliks: on 3
Paul: misses on Paul
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 20 + 6 + 0 = 26 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 5 + 2 + 0 = 7 »
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 16 + 6 + 0 = 22 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 5 + 2 + 0 = 7 »
Feliks: to confirm
Evil GM: ((ouchie))
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 13 + 4 + 0 = 17 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 0 = 3 »
Evil GM: ((Still on 3?)
Feliks: if he was still up
Evil GM: ((He isn't after the bracer))
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+3 Intimidate => 4 + 3 = 7
Feliks: oh well
Feliks: done
* Kazi still loves you
Bandit Ranger: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 18 + 6 = 24 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » with a shortbow at Feliks
Bandit Ranger 1: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 19 + 6 = 25 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » with a shortbow at Kazi
Evil GM: Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Paul: On bandit 4.
Evil GM: ((bandits are not on horses, Unless you decide otherwise, you guys are ))
Paul: Oh.
Evil GM: ((they seem like they are trying to take your horses alive))
Paul: Paul would have tumbled off his dog as he 5' stepped.
Feliks: well that would have changed things a bit
Evil GM: ((woof))
Evil GM: ((thought I should remind you))
Feliks: i guess I'm dismounted
Evil GM: ((okay, you had time to dismount when you first saw them))
* Flint has dismounted
Kazi: (( yeah, because, you know, no ride skill ))
Feliks: (( or run? ))
Feliks: (( afk ))
* Ashling stays on Trista
Evil GM: ((you could try to ride away))
Evil GM: Paul, were you done?
Flint: (kind of late for that now)
Paul: Attack « 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 »
Evil GM: ((miss))
Paul: Now I'm done.
Kazi: (( oh, huh, yeah, right? ))
Evil GM: Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Ashling: Trista attacks Bandit6
Ashling: bite « 1d20+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 »
Evil GM: ((miss))
Ashling: hoof1 « 1d20+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Paul: ((Finally not against undead, and I can't hit))
Evil GM: ((also miss))
Ashling: other hoof: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 11 + 1 = 12 »
Evil GM: ((also also miss))
Ashling: (( Trista not very good at this... ))
Ashling: then back up
Evil GM: Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3, Kazi, Bandit 1, Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Ashling: (one sec)
Ashling: (checking a spell)
Evil GM: ((k))
Ashling: (I suck with area of effect tool - can I get the three in the trees in a 40 ft radius?)
Evil GM: ((probably))
Ashling: then, Entangle their asses!
Evil GM: ((nope, only any two))
Ashling: well, get the shooters if I can
Evil GM: ((those are the two you can't get together, they are 50' apart))
Ashling: poo, then capt and the nearest one to him
Ashling: save dc is 13
Evil GM: Center it here
Evil GM: You get bandit ranger 1, captain, and the three in front of Lalinlor, but not Lalinlor or Paul
Ashling: cool
Evil GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 14 + 1 = 15 »
Evil GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Evil GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Evil GM: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 »
Evil GM: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
Evil GM: Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
* Flint emanates a deep bass hum as he reaches out with his mind at Bandits 1 and 4...
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +1 manifester level, although there is a 5% chance of becoming dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 4 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 37 »
Flint: Psi Power: Id Insinuation (4 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): confuses as the spell, up to 2 targets, Will DC 17 negates.
Feliks: (( back ))
Evil GM: « 1d20 ⇒ 17 »
Evil GM: « 1d20 ⇒ 19 »
Flint: done.
Evil GM: ((both manage to save))
Evil GM: Lalinlor, Bandit 3, Kazi, Bandit 1, Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
* Lalinlor Loth casts on Bandit 6
Evil GM: « 1d20 ⇒ 11 »
Evil GM: Kazi, Bandit 1, Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Ashling: (moving at half speed?)
Evil GM: ((went around it))
Evil GM: Kazi, you are up
Kazi: on the Captain
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 13 + 4 + 1 = 18 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
Kazi: done
* Bandit Captain grunts as the eldritch ray slams into him again
Bandit Captain: you are going to pay for that
Kazi: What the hell?
Paul: (brb)
Bandit 1: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 17 + 5 = 22 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » on Paul
Kazi: Some welcome home!
Bandit 4: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 10 + 5 = 15 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » on Feliks
Bandit 5: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 10 + 5 = 15 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » on Feliks
Evil GM: Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Feliks: on 5
Feliks: Distracting Ember to provide flanking bonus: « 1d20+10+MOD ⇒ 14 + 10 + 0 = 24 » Damage:« 1d6+1+1d6 ⇒ 5 + 1 + 3 = 9 »
Feliks: done
Paul: (back)
Bandit Ranger 1: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 4 + 3 = 7 »
* Bandit Ranger 1 struggles to free himself
Bandit Ranger 1: ((afk))
Paul: *laugh*
* Paul stabs bandit 4
Paul: Attack « 1d20+5 ⇒ 20 + 5 = 25 »
Paul: CC « 1d20+5 ⇒ 16 + 5 = 21 »
Flint: (ouch!)
Paul: Damage « 2d4+2d6 ⇒ 6 + 8 = 14 »
Flint: (plus sneak attack too, ouch)
Bandit Ranger: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 9 + 6 = 15 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 3 + 2 = 5 » on Kazi with a shortbow
Kazi: dang
Evil GM: Paul went, so...
Evil GM: Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Ashling: first, anyone how is not entagled and still in area make anothe save
Ashling: who*
Evil GM: ((anyone in the area is still entangled))
Flint: (not #1?)
Evil GM: ((He is entangled))
Ashling: ok, I summon a wolfie again (token please?)
Flint: (regular #1 not ranger #1)
Evil GM: ((oh, forgot about him))
Evil GM: « 1d20 ⇒ 19 »
Evil GM: ((he made his save again))
Evil GM: Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Ashling: attack capt: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 15 + 3 = 18 »
Evil GM: ((he doesn't show up until next round))
Ashling: oh shoot, I forgot
Ashling: done
* Flint tries his trick again, this time on Bandit #5 and the Bandit Captain....
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +1 manifester level, although there is a 5% chance of becoming dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 4 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 13 »
Kazi: (( can she keep the roll? ))
Evil GM: ((sure))
Flint: Psi Power: Id Insinuation (4 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): confuses as the spell, up to 2 targets, Will DC 17 negates.
Evil GM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 »
Evil GM: « 1d20 ⇒ 4 »
Flint: (yay! I'll roll d100 on their action if you want...(
Evil GM: ((go ahead))
Flint: (done)
Evil GM: Lalinlor, Bandit 3
* Lalinlor Loth casts on Feliks cure minor wounds (restores 6hp)
Feliks: thanks
Evil GM: ((Bandit Captain does something at the mercy of Flint))
Flint: (hehehe)
Flint: « 1d100 ⇒ 28 »
Flint: (he does nothing but babble incoherently)
* Bandit Captain babbles incoherently
Evil GM: Kazi, Bandit 1, Feliks, Bandit 2, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit 3
Kazi: What a jerk!
Kazi: Surrender, you cretins!
Evil GM: ((Flint, did you hear what she called you ))
Kazi: (( not Flint ))
Evil GM: ((I know))
Kazi: See what we can do???
Flint: (leave my mindslaves alone)
* Bandit Ranger says a particularily foul Sclavini curse
* Kazi gives them like 5 seconds
Kazi: Any other takers????
* Bandit 1 tries to run but gets entangled
* Kazi looks deceptively mild
Kazi: How 'bout the rest of you lot
Bandit Ranger 1: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 »
Bandit 2: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
Bandit: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 7 + 1 = 8 »
* Bandit I surrender
Bandit 2: Me too
Bandit Captain: Ooooh, lookit the pretty stars
Kazi: Say, Feliks, be a dear and get me that mean ol' Bandit King?
Bandit 1: Dammit, I surrender
Ashling: (( we are out of init? ))
Evil GM: sure
Feliks: Join me with the Leader, Paul?
Evil GM: ((they are still confused, so Flint, roll for them))
* Flint holds his concentration on the leader, keeping his mind muddled (it is a concentration-duration power)
Kazi: Can we tie him up please?
Flint: « 1d100 ⇒ 7 »
* Kazi smiles sweetly
Flint: (ack! he attacks me)
Kazi: (( Can we restrain him? ))
Evil GM: Paul and Feliks can get attacks of opportunity, and can he charge through a corpse?
Kazi: (( perhaps you can try to knock him out? ))
Feliks: Rapier: « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 19 + 8 + 0 = 27 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 6 + 2 + 0 = 8 »
Kazi: (( sigh ))
Feliks: Rapier: « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 9 + 8 + 0 = 17 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 5 + 2 + 0 = 7 »
Feliks: to confirm crit
Bandit Captain: « 1d20+9 ⇒ 8 + 9 = 17 » for « 1d8+6 ⇒ 8 + 6 = 14 » with a battleaxe, « 1d20+8 ⇒ 17 + 8 = 25 » for « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » with a handaxe, as the crit doesn't take him down.
Flint: (the 25 hits)
Bandit Captain: ((he actually gets a +2 to both for charging))
Flint: (ok, then both do)
Feliks: (( so where are we in the order? Cause I don't see him surrendering ))
Kazi: Yeah, I could have acted, I would think
Flint: Concentration: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 13 + 7 = 20 »
Bandit Captain: ((you can act now))
* Kazi sighs, and blasts
Flint: (me drops the power. it still lasts for one more round, however)
Evil GM: ((figured you were holding action))
Kazi: He's gonna make this hard, I see
Evil GM: ((if you hit takes him down, Flint won't take damage
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 9 + 1 = 10 »
Kazi: oops
* Flint is badly wounded
Flint: owwwww
Evil GM: Feliks, Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit Captain
Feliks: entering Blood in the Water stance: +1 to hit and damage for each critical hit. Bonuses stack, and last 10 rds.
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 13 + 8 + 0 = 21 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 0 = 5 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Feliks: +2 fire damage
Evil GM: The captain looks pretty bad
* Paul will attempt to put him out of his misery
Evil GM: Paul, Ashling, Flint, Lalinlor, Bandit Captain
Paul: Attack « 1d20+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 »
* Paul fails.
Evil GM: Ashling, then Flint
Ashling: Magic Missile: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
Ashling: at cpt
Evil GM: Flint, then Lalinlor
* Flint backs away, oozing blood, he reflexively lashes out
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance of becoming dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 4 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 58 »
Flint: Psi Power: Mind Thrust (4 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): deals « 6d10 ⇒ 38 » damage to target creature, Will DC 17 negates.
Evil GM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 »
Feliks: By the Wolf!
Kazi: Flint! Oh no!
Evil GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 13 + 1 = 14 » « 1d20+1 ⇒ 15 + 1 = 16 » « 1d20+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
* Flint lands on his ass
Bandit 1: (In Sclavini) I still surrender!
* Kazi runs to Flint
Evil GM: Ooops, Flint, what did bandit 5 do?
Flint: « 1d100 ⇒ 78 »
Flint: attacks nearest creature
Flint: then he is free
Evil GM: evens Paul, Odds Feliks
Evil GM: « 1d4 ⇒ 3 »
Bandit 5: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 4 + 5 = 9 » « 1d6+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 »
Evil GM: Paul gets an AoO
* Kazi kneels down next to Flint, and is surrounded by the radiant glow of divine light
Kazi: Cure Light Wounds « 1d8+1 ⇒ 7 + 1 = 8 »
Feliks: Feliks will rain curses down on them as they run.
* Flint winces
Flint: owwwww .... sorry everyone.
Lalinlor Loth: casts cure light wounds « 1d8+4 ⇒ 1 + 4 = 5 »
Kazi: (( TADA!!!!! ))
Flint: whoa! thank you Lalinlor, and Kazi!
Feliks: (( and loot the captain. ))
Flint: I didn't know your powers could heal, Kazi!
Kazi: Of course, my friend
* Kazi looks tearful
Flint: don't cry!
Kazi: You had me worried there!
* Kazi hugs him
Paul: Everyone okay?
Flint: I'm sorry. I was just trying to keep him confuzzled
Flint: and he went all berserk
Kazi: Yes!
Lalinlor Loth: ((Matt has to go))
Flint: (bye Matt)
Paul: (bye Matt)
Kazi: (( by matt! ))
Kazi: (( bye, even ))
Evil GM: captain has - battleaxe, handaxe, breastplate, and « 4d6 ⇒ 15 » gold, « 4d6 ⇒ 9 » silver, and « 4d12 ⇒ 14 » copper
Feliks: (( bye! ))
Kazi: Well how rude!
Kazi: Beset by brigands in our own homeland
Paul: Indeed.
Evil GM: 3 dead bandits have - handaxe, studded leather armor, and « 2d4 ⇒ 3 » gold, « 3d6 ⇒ 9 » silver, and « 3d12 ⇒ 25 » copper each
Feliks: Give a stern lecture to Brigand 1 on manners
Kazi: Are you sure you are ok, Flint?
* Kazi looks very concerned, as she pulls arrows out of herself
Flint: I think so, thanks...
* Flint gets up
Flint: what about you?
Bandit 1: We thought you was Amareth. Ya don't look local, witha gnome! The gnomes work for the Amareth!
Kazi: Oh, just a few minor arrow holes
Bandit 1: we thunk you was traitors
* Kazi rounds on the bandit
Flint: bah! I don't work for Amareth.
* Ashling pulls out a wand and touches Kazi.
Ashling: Cure Light Wounds: « 1d8+MOD ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Bandit 1: ((doesn't appear to understand common))
Kazi: Excuse me?
Feliks: Yeah, you really grilled us hard on that account.
Bandit 1: ya is strangers, with a gnome, what'r we supposed ta think?
Kazi: I believe I attempted a polite conversation before your lovely leader called on the attack.
Bandit 1: we thunk you was one o them traitors that work with the Amareth. Why else'd ya have a gnome?
Kazi: Was that man your leader?
Bandit 1: uh-huh
Bandit 1: he ain't now though
Feliks: And we don't HAVE a gnome
Paul: He's one of us.
* Bandit 1 points to Flint and Paul, 'them ain't gnomes?'
Kazi: (( I think we're speaking Sclavini ))
Paul: Oh.
* Kazi sighs
Kazi: Where are you from?
Bandit 1: Bohdan.
Feliks: But we do have one we're friends with.
Kazi: Are you mmm... freedom fighters?
* Ashling hops of Trista and touches Flint with the wand also.
Ashling: Cure Light Wounds: « 1d8+MOD ⇒ 1 + 1 = 2 »
Ashling: (( it liked Kazi better ))
* Flint grins at Ashling. His nose is still bleeding, but he wipes it away.
Bandit 1: Yep. Attackin the Amareth, like good folks
* Feliks speaks a phrase in Ignan to Kazi
Kazi: You may, you know, consider doing a bit of better job of figuring out exactly who your enemies are before attacking them, yes?
Bandit 1: We don't want no trouble with the Gositslaves
Kazi: I'm sorry?
* Kazi laughs
Bandit 1: uh....
* Bandit 1 starts to try to run again
* Ashling smiles back at Flint.
* Kazi sighs
Bandit 1: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 15 + 2 = 17 »
Feliks: follows
Feliks: i can move 30, then TP 50
Bandit 1: After running about a minute, the bandit leads you right to their camp
Kazi: Thank you, Ash, for the zappity
Ashling: Not at all.
* Kazi speaks in Common
Kazi: Well, so, they aren't the smartest lot
Ashling: Oh?
Ashling: I thought this was what bandits do: attack travelers
Kazi: Yeah, you know, Bohdan freedom fighters
Kazi: Thought we were Amarethi sympathizers, what with our Gnomish companions
* Kazi indicates Paul and Flint
Flint: hogwash!
Flint: what do they teach people up here....
Ashling: Common thieves is more like
Kazi: I would think so, yes
Kazi: Now where has Feliks gone off to?
* Kazi frowns
Kazi: Anyway, I think they won't be bothering us much
Flint: I thought I saw him run that-a-way...
* Kazi looks a bit nervous
Evil GM: handaxe, studded leather, « 3d4 ⇒ 7 » gold, « 3d6 ⇒ 14 » silver, « 3d12 ⇒ 16 » copper
Evil GM: You can follow the way Feliks went easily
Ashling: with horses also?
Kazi: Perhaps we should see what he's up to
* Flint agrees
* Paul agrees as well
* Kazi whispers something to Ash in Fey
* Ashling nods.
Flint: hey! you found their bedrolls!
Feliks: That bastard led me right here.
Evil GM: At the bandit camp, there are 6 warhorses with Amareth saddles, 6 Amareth soldier breastplates, tabards, longswords, shortbows, and shields. There are also 3 dwarven-style chests
Kazi: What have we here?
Evil GM: And some various bags, and 6 goats
Flint: wow, what a haul!
Paul: are the chests locked?
Evil GM: yes
Flint: hey Paul, what do you think are in these? (prods a chest)
Paul: Eh, let's find out.
* Paul checks the chests for traps thoroughly (taking 20 for 31)
Kazi: Paul, I think this one (she indicates) has something magical within
Evil GM: ((Lalinlor will heal up anyone who isn't))
Flint: (Flint is still slightly hurt)
* Kazi whispers something to Feliks
Feliks: well, the horses might explain why diplomacy failed
Evil GM: None appear to be trapped, though it looks like one was but the trap was triggered (that is the one Kazi indicates))
Paul: Ah
Paul: Well. I'll unlock them.
Paul: Try to do it with style
Evil GM: ((considering what the Amareth response is to bandits, it's probably these guys made an effort not to leave survivors))
Paul: Open Lock « 1d20+18 ⇒ 6 + 18 = 24 »
Paul: Open Lock « 1d20+18 ⇒ 12 + 18 = 30 »
Paul: Open Lock « 1d20+18 ⇒ 18 + 18 = 36 »
Evil GM: with barely a flick of his wrist, Paul opens all the locks
Feliks: well, unless they robbed Amareth to get them, and weren't being paid by them
* Kazi peers at the glowy one
* Paul opens the chests, and searches them
Evil GM: In the first box is a bunch of dwarven-style silver jewelry, and a long, flat box about 5' long and 1'6" wide and 6" thick.
* Flint looks over Paul's shoulder
Flint: Quickblades! Carry! *snaps fingers*
Paul: Jewelry, and a lovely box.
Evil GM: The second box contains a beautiful blue silk, carefully wrapped up
Evil GM: The long flat box contains the magic thingy
Kazi: (( awww, Flint, so bossy and cute ))
Paul: There was some similar stuff to this silk in the hold of that ship....
Kazi: Might I see the long, flat box, Paul?
* Paul looks around quickly, not repeating himself.
Evil GM: The third box is only about half full, and contains various trinkets, also dwarven make
* Paul hands the box to Kazi
* Kazi will take a look at the contents
Evil GM: The box is locked
Kazi: Oh drat
Kazi: Paul, it's locked
* Feliks rolls: 1d20-1 Listen => 8 - 1 = 7
Evil GM: and it looks like the bandits tried to pry it open, but failed
Kazi: Can you help with this?
* Kazi hands the box back
Paul: Of course. That's my job
Paul: Open Lock « 1d20+18 ⇒ 8 + 18 = 26 »
Paul: If that doesn't work, take 20 for 38.
Evil GM: The bags contain various other trinkets, nothing more than 5gp in value, but probably some poor peasant's treasured possession
Evil GM: It works
* Kazi looks to see what is within
Evil GM: The lock is more of a puzzle than an actual key-lock, but you can figure it out
Flint: Gnomish make, no doubt!
Kazi: neat!
Flint: We invented the first locks, you know!
* Flint holds hands to hips proudly
* Kazi is seriously considering an internship with Flint
Feliks: Are the others still on the road?
Evil GM: Inside the box is a katana and wakizashi set, with blue-wrapped white hilts and cloudy-blue scabbards. The katana is glowing magic
Evil GM: ((probably))
Flint: ooooooooooh.
Kazi: Oh wow
Feliks: (( ok ))
Flint: those are nice swords!
Evil GM: They both have dwarven-maker marks on the blades if anyone checks
Flint: Quick! Carry! *snaps fingers*
Kazi: These would be perfect for Quickblades!
Flint: indeed!
Evil GM: ((he'd probably drool a bit at this point))
* Kazi snaps the box shut and hands them to Quickblades with a smile
Evil GM: Oops, almost forgot the most important part
Flint: ((I was considering multiclassing to samurai, maybe I'll take em instead ))
Paul: You're welcome, QB.
Evil GM: In one sack are Amareth-stamped gold bars, each worth 100 gp. There are 12 of them
Flint: oooooh!
Kazi: Well how about this
* Kazi smirks
Evil GM: ((roll appraise for the rest of the stuff))
Kazi: This will certainly hurt them
Evil GM: ((you found the payroll))
Paul: Appraise « 1d20+7 ⇒ 6 + 7 = 13 »
Flint: Appraise « 1d20+2 ⇒ 10 + 2 = 12 »
Evil GM: you'd guess the trinket style stuff is probably worth « 100d4 ⇒ 252 » total
Feliks: Well, we can take the trinkets back into town to return, right?
Kazi: (( The trinket stuff looks like it was stolen off of peasants? ))
Evil GM: But the silk appears to be moonsilk, and is probably worth - « 20d4 ⇒ 48 » all on it's own
Evil GM: The chests are pretty worthless though
Evil GM: and the bags are a bit rotted
Feliks: I mean, they must have Sclavini belongings
* Kazi nods solemnly
Evil GM: About half the stuff is dwarven, the other half Sclavini
Kazi: Pretty rotten
Feliks: Either way.
Feliks: Any Amarethi presence in Sangria?
Paul: I think we could sell this stuff if we wanted to. I know some people. But what would be the right thing to do here.
Evil GM: Wasn't 5 years ago
Paul: ?
Feliks: (( Sangrida? ))
Evil GM: It's just barely in Gostislav borders, but it's disputed territory.
Evil GM: You can get there by midafternoon tomorrow, assuming you stop and rest
Kazi: Mmm, I don't feel bad about the Amarethi stuff
Flint: it's doing no good just laying here. we can always take with us to the next town and decide there.
Kazi: The other stuff we may want to think on, and Feliks makes a good point
Feliks: Well, we can take the horses and saddles and gold bars, and look pretty damn despicable when we go in.
Flint: take the livery off the horses and bring them in bareback?
Evil GM: ((the saddles and tabards are the most obviously Amareth))
Feliks: Or pretty damn peculiar to any Amarethi patrols, assuming they come this far
Kazi: We can burn the Amarethi crap
* Kazi grins
Evil GM: ((there is a smoldering fire))
Kazi: Er, I mean
Paul: Well, I'm okay with taking gold bars.
* Feliks examines the saddles
Kazi: Well, of course, that can be melted down!
Evil GM: They are military style saddles
* Kazi grins
Feliks: They're pretty good work, but how they could jump from one horse to another and back on these is beyond me.
Kazi: I know some folks too, Paul my dear
Flint: let's load stuff on these new horses, and take all of it with us. except the obviously amarethi stuff. don't want any odd looks if we can help it.....
Feliks: or do handstands on them
Kazi: True, Flint, true
Kazi: And let's get a move on, no use tarrying
Kazi: Quicker we're in Andrzej proper, the better
Feliks: It's like they don't know how to really ride.
Evil GM: ((the weather clears up into a beautiful night, and by midafternoon the next day, you reach Sangrida
Evil GM: ((switch maps to Sangrida?))
Kazi: it's a-loading
Evil GM: ((and make listen checks))
Ashling: Um, I thought the idea here was to not attract attention... And 6 additional horses...?
Evil GM: ((Sangrida is in Andrzej))
Evil GM: ((not Bohdan. Technically, the Amareth aren't the law in Andrzej, but at the border, it may be iffy))
Flint: we could sell the horses there. or give them away.
Evil GM: ((the horses are actually Righnach bred, just with Amareth brands))
Evil GM: ((everyone loaded?))
Flint: who knows, Amarethi-branded horses might be a nice collector's item in this country!
Kazi: in
Flint: did you guys hear that?
* Ashling rolls: 1d20+10+MOD Listen => 5 + 10 + 0 = 15
* Flint looks around
* Feliks rolls: 1d20-1 Listen => 3 - 1 = 2
Feliks: LA LA LA!
* Flint 's ears perk up
* Kazi rolls: 1d20 Listen => 11
Flint: it sounded like ... a gong.
Evil GM: The town of Sangrida is a pleasant little village, nestled in a small valley. Most people here are farmers
Flint: Kazi, are gongs normal here?
Evil GM: The town appears quiet as you approac
Evil GM: h
Kazi: Gongs?
Feliks: Feliks can be in front
Feliks: (( ooc ))
Kazi: I am not sure, Flint, darling
Mayor Jan: (in Sclavini) Greetings travelers
Feliks: Greetings, countryman!
Kazi: Ah, Greetings, fine sir!
* Feliks dismounts
* Paul follows close behind Feliks and Kazi, smiling and nodding, and being silent.
Mayor Jan: What brings you to our fair village?
* Kazi dismounts as well, bowing gracefully
* Ashling keeps our herd in order.
* Mayor Jan cranes his neck to see if there are more following behind you, and glances at Flint and Paul a bit suspiciously
* Flint smiles broadly, not knowing a word being said
Feliks: PAssing through.
Feliks: We're newlyweds, and off to see family farther north.
Feliks: How goes it here?
Mayor Jan: Well congratulations. And who are your companions? Strangers to our land, by the looks
Mayor Jan: Well, well
Mayor Jan: Will you be staying? There is space available for travellers
Feliks: Friends. We were both taken by wanderlust, and met some charming friends along the way to meeting each other.
Kazi: Friends we have met on various travels, come newly to our lands to enjoy our famous hospitality
Feliks: Indeed, we nearly finish each others sentences!
Mayor Jan: Hospitality we have. Come, water your horses
* Mayor Jan gestures towards a corral
* Kazi beams at Feliks
Feliks: I think our families will be quite vexed if we don't make haste
Feliks: we have dallied enough along the way, but perhaps our horses could be refreshed
Mayor Jan: It is another five days journey to Ancile, and 4 to Olathe. To which are you headed?
Kazi: Yes, yes, love, perhaps a moment's respite
Evil GM: ((spot checks))
Kazi: Olathe is our destination
Paul: Spot « 1d20+7 ⇒ 6 + 7 = 13 »
Feliks: Have you been having any bandit trouble, lately?
Mayor Jan: Not particularily. Of course, you know trouble, she visits everyone now and again
* Kazi leans in very closely
Feliks: Very good to know
Mayor Jan: You'll want to take the west fork to reach Olathe of course.
Kazi: Are you sure?
* Mayor Jan gazes at Kazi, then seems to do a double take.
Mayor Jan: pardon lady, but you look a bit familiar to me
* Kazi smiles
Kazi: Oh?
Kazi: I get that a lot
* Mayor Jan frowns uncertainly, as though you've dashed a hope of his
* Mayor Jan gestures to a young man to bring water to your horses
* Kazi lowers her voice and asks the mayor a question
* Mayor Jan whispers back
* Paul leans over and whispers to Flint
Kazi: Where IS everyone, Mayor?
Kazi: I recall it being quite bustling here in the past
Mayor Jan: Oh, working I'd expect. Or er...gathering berries. The berry bushes are quite heavy this time of year
* Mayor Jan nods
* Kazi is frowning
Kazi: Uh huh
* Paul begins to wander off the path.
* Kazi mutters something to Feliks
* Mayor Jan watches Paul
* Old Sclavini Woman also watches Paul
Mayor Jan: Does your friend need something?
Kazi: Hmmm?
Kazi: I dunno
* Paul gestures the generic sign for needing to relieve oneself
Mayor Jan: the small one
Paul: Spot « 1d20+7 ⇒ 17 + 7 = 24 »
Kazi: It looks like he may need the facilities?
* Flint turns and looks at Ashling.
Mayor Jan: I see.
* Kazi leans close
Kazi: I think you're hiding something Jan
Feliks: Tell me the truth, countryman.
Mayor Jan: What, me? No.
Kazi: Why don't you tell me what?
* Kazi is bring forth the full force of her personality
* Kazi rolls: 1d20+4+6 Intimidate => 7 + 4 + 6 = 17
Mayor Jan: How dare you march into my village and demand anything of me! You haven't even told me who you are!
* Mayor Jan steps back from Kazi, but seems determined
Feliks: Whoa, whoa!
* Kazi looks at him
* Paul whistles loudly, and tips his head towards the house to the south of him
Feliks: Let's take things easy, here, we're just passing through
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+5 Diplomacy => 20 + 5 = 25
* Old Sclavini Woman starts running toward Paul, waving her broom in the universal sign for 'get the hell off my lawn you whippersnapper'
Feliks: (( where'd she come from? ))
* Flint gasps!
Ashling: Why don't we just go
Mayor Jan: ((in front of the house))
Mayor Jan: And just who are you two, really!
* Kazi breaks out in full Andrzej dialect
* Paul attempts to get out of sight, so he can hide
* Old Sclavini Woman continues, apparently trying to herd Paul away from the houses
Feliks: Why are you jumping at shadows? We're in a warzone, we all have reasons to be careful.
Kazi: What in bloody hell is going on heree?
Kazi: here*
Paul: Hide « 1d20+17 ⇒ 15 + 17 = 32 »
Mayor Jan: Warzone? Whatever do you mean?
Feliks: Now, I can tell somethings up.
* Old Sclavini Woman continues looking for Paul
* Kazi in Common
Kazi: On alert, friends
* Flint 's eyes dash about, looking for trouble
Ashling: There's no need to stir up trouble, is there? Let's juts leave and be on our way.
* Kazi in Andrzej dialect
Ashling: just*
Mayor Jan: If this is how you are going to act, perhaps that is best
* Paul attempts to sneak around the house, and look in the window
Mayor Jan: ((in common))
Feliks: we'll be on our way if you want, but if you need assistance, ask.
Kazi: If there is trouble here, Jan, tell me, and we can help (quietly)
* Mayor Jan blinks at Kazi
Mayor Jan: I knew I knew you!
Kazi: Quietly
* Mayor Jan yells out 'it's alright everyone!'
* Feliks readies the horses
Kazi: Oh what now?
* Old Sclavini Woman stops looking for Paul
Feliks: (( that he and Kazi were riding ))
* Mayor Jan grins welcomingly
Kazi: A word of explanation, Jan?
Mayor Jan: My apologies. About two weeks ago the Amareth sent spies in to try to catch us out. We couldn't be sure of you
* Kazi looks around wildly
* Flint exhales the world's longest breath
* Kazi in Common
* Lawspeaker Doru comes out of one of the houses
Kazi: Ok, I think we're ok
Mayor Jan: And yes, there is trouble, but we are dealing with it.
Mayor Jan: Or rather, our 'friends' are.
Kazi: Can you please try not to give me a heart attack next time?
Mayor Jan: come, come, let's get some hot food into you. You must have been caught in the rain yesterday
Mayor Jan: How do you think we feel? Everytime that warning signal goes off we never know if they will just pass through or start searching houses again!
Mayor Jan: One of these days we won't get all of them inside in time
* Kazi nods
Paul: Who?
* Mayor Jan switches to common
* Paul pops up
Mayor Jan: Why, the hobgoblins of course.
Paul: Oh, I saw them.
Paul: Was a bit confused.
Mayor Jan: The males are off harassing the new Amareth fortress, but since the Amareth found their camp, there is no place for the old or the children to hide. So we keep them here.
Paul: Ah, so you have allied with them.
Mayor Jan: Of course. After the Amareth confiscated our weapons, there wasn't much choice in the matter.
Paul: I see.
Paul: Where is this Amareth FortresS?
Mayor Jan: The Gostislav forces are too busy with the border dispute to be able to help us, so we struck up a bargin with the hobgoblins
Kazi: Let's go inside and talk like civilized folks
Paul: Very well.
Mayor Jan: One of them is east about ten miles. I hear they've built another one to the north too.
* Mayor Jan leads you into a house
* Ashling sees to the horses.
Kazi: Why the hell are the Gostislavs worrying about the border dispute if the Amareth are buliding fortresses on our lands?
* Kazi is frowning deeply
Mayor Jan: Because the Amareth have pushed part of the border almost thirty miles into our lands
Paul: I'm sorry... but I'm not familiar with local history here.
* Kazi starts cursing
Paul: COuld you please give me the short version of what's going on?
* Kazi gives Jan a meaningful look
Mayor Jan: The Amareth are a bunch of useless bastards that think they can run our lives and change our ways, and we don't like that.
Mayor Jan: So we fight back however we can
Kazi: Those damned useless Bohdan...
Feliks: (( is Kazi the only one with a light source on? i think it's screwing me up. ))
Kazi: should I turn it off?
Mayor Jan: Piddling idiots, talking about how they are protecting us from the 'hobgoblin menace'. That's our war and I'll thank them to keep their useless noses out of it
Mayor Jan: ((please))
Kazi: (( um, did it work? ))
Feliks: (( i can see Ash now ))
Feliks: (( yes, I can see beyond 60 ft now! Glorious vision! ))
Evil GM: Food is brought for you, and one of the hobgoblins comes in as well
Kazi: (( sorry about that ))
Feliks: (( np ))
Kazi: Hmmm... things have changed a bit since I left
Mayor Jan: Always do. So where are you really headed, and if it is to do something that will annoy the Amareth, how can we help?
* Kazi grins
* Kazi describes where they are heading
Feliks: First off, have you had bandit problems for real?
Mayor Jan: Yes, we have. A small band. They got some traders a while ago.
Feliks: All right, we'll be leaving some recovered items with you, then
Paul: We killed some bandits.
Mayor Jan: We dispatched a note to the hobgoblins and they are sending a patrol back to deal with the problem....you encountered them?
Mayor Jan: Marvelous!
Kazi: Quite a rude lot
Flint: some of them got away, but we got the stuff they stole.
Kazi: We'll be needing some cold weather gear, you know where we can acquire it?
Mayor Jan: Indeed, preying on your own people when there is scum going to far as to try to burn the hearth blankets!
Lawspeaker Doru: Wait...you are headed to the north, to Agrilop mountain?
Feliks: I don't have a clue what you just said, but I like the indignation you said it with
* Kazi nods
Lawspeaker Doru: Jan, isn't that where that Amareth maniac took over the old fortress?
Kazi: Recenlty?
Kazi: Recently*
Lawspeaker Doru: about 4 months ago.
Lawspeaker Doru: What's his name? Coran, Cordal...
Mayor Jan: Kendall I think. Crazy bastard.
* Kazi frowns deeply
Mayor Jan: ordered us to burn all 'unnatural' books
Kazi: Well, that's just great
Feliks: so, we are fighting back, aren't we?
Paul: two birds with one stone, then. We can investigate this site... And take out some of this Amarethi scum.
Lawspeaker Doru: Of course, to him, unnatural means anything not printed in their tongue and praising their god
* Kazi snorts
Kazi: Is he some sort of Samadian zealot?
Mayor Jan: We don't have much in the way of weapons, but give us a week, and we could see if we could get you some hobgoblins up there to help
Lawspeaker Doru: One of the worst kind. The ones that believe so hard it actually gives them power.
Flint: So, a cleric, then?
Mayor Jan: I don't think so. A crusader of some kind, more a warrior than a healer
Kazi: Oh, we've dealt with those
* Kazi glances at Feliks
Elderly Hobgoblin: He is mad, but his madness makes him strong. He killed 6 of ours by himself.
* Kazi sighs
Elderly Hobgoblin: be careful
* Kazi nods
Elderly Hobgoblin: There are about thirty men with him.
Feliks: Gonna check the place out. Should I leave my sword? Or will I get warning if Amarethi show up?
Mayor Jan: He thinks he is guarding some sort of evil we Sclavini were going to unleash on the world.
* Kazi giggles
Lawspeaker Doru: If you hear the gong, there are people headed this way
Feliks: What gong?
Lawspeaker Doru: Pick a house, they all have hidey-holes now.
* Lawspeaker Doru winks.
Feliks: all right.
Lawspeaker Doru: You'll know it when you hear it
* Kazi frowns
Kazi: This just got a lot more complicated
Mayor Jan: Of course.
* Kazi taps her fingers on the table
Mayor Jan: I don't believe they have disarmed Olathe or Ancile yet. They caught us by surprise or they wouldn't have managed it here. Hard to put up a fight though, when they've got crossbows aimed at your family.
Kazi: ok, well, it's probably best that we formulate some sort of plan before we rush headlong up there
Mayor Jan: It's a nine day journey to that fort.
* Kazi nods
* Feliks chats with Ash
Kazi: And the Family?
Mayor Jan: They came through here about 3 months ago bringing up additional supplies.
Mayor Jan: If they win their fight, we won't have to worry about the Amareth much longer. If they lose, well, we can always take to the forest.
Ashling: So? What's going on? Are we staying here?
* Kazi nods
Mayor Jan: The Amareth don't like chasing us into the forest.
Kazi: For good reason
Lawspeaker Doru: We found one a couple months ago, wandering around completely mad.
Feliks: I don't know.
Lawspeaker Doru: I think a soul-drinker got him
Ashling: (still grooming one of our 10 or so horses)
Flint: soul-drinker? sounds dreadful.
Feliks: We can't stay long with these horses, at least
* Kazi looks thoughtful
Mayor Jan: Easy to avoid, if you are respectful and don't cross a fey circle
Kazi: Hmmm
Lawspeaker Doru: Those are Amareth horses then?
Elderly Hobgoblin: We could use them, for raids.
Kazi: Ancile or Olathe... what's a better destination?
* Kazi nods
Mayor Jan: Old Petru lives in Olathe. He studied that fortress, might know a weak point
Kazi: I don't see any problem with you having them
Flint: we "liberated" the horses from the bandits. I think I speak for the group when I say you can have them
* Elderly Hobgoblin removes a necklace and offers it to Kazi
Elderly Hobgoblin: so if you meet us, we will know you as a friend
* Elderly Hobgoblin does the same for each party member
* Kazi takes it and smiles gratefully
Flint: thank you!
Kazi: thank you, Honored Elder
* Flint makes sure it is visible!
Paul: Thank you, Sir.
Kazi: Ok, we shall make haste to Olathe then
Evil GM: ((hobgoblin luck-fetish, each has a small skull bead. Yank it off to get a one time +1 to a saving throw))
* Paul slings it over one shoulder, wearing it like a sash.
Flint: we also got some axes from the bandits. they are yours if it will help.
Mayor Jan: Weapons are appreciated.
Kazi: Perhaps we can rest up here, then set out in the morning
Lawspeaker Doru: We have farming implements that will do in a pinch, but an axe for wood isn't weighted the same as an axe for men.
Kazi: You can take a look at what we recovered and we can determine what is useful
Mayor Jan: You are welcome to our village, and we happily break bread with you
* Kazi bows gracefully
* Kazi then runs up and gives Jan a big hug
Kazi: So good to see you, Jan
* Mayor Jan grins at Kazi
Mayor Jan: and you too lass. Last I heard, you were taking over Shieldmeet
Flint: (to the mayor) I understand there is some distrust in these parts of gnomes like myself. I just want you to know that I'm no Amareth sympathizer, nor are many of us really....
* Kazi grins
Mayor Jan: The gnomes sell to any who will buy. The Amareth just have more money. We hold no ire with you
Flint: ...And, I'm glad to help you all as much as Kazi and the rest, here.
Lawspeaker Doru: I am honored to break bread with you
Kazi: We are honored to break bread with you.
Evil GM: ((seems a good spot to call a halt. Healing can be done and spells rememorized over the night))
Kazi: kewl
Evil GM: And that is......500 XP for the bandits
Evil GM: There isn't much to buy here, but you can replenish rations if needed. They won't charge you once word gets around you are about to fight the Amareth. And you'll have a couple bottles of vodka or spiced wine shoved into your hands whether you want them or not.
* Feliks has no idea where he's at with XP.
Evil GM: Feliks is level 2
Feliks: dammit
* Kazi will figure it out for you, love
Kazi: lol
Flint: (last week was 400xp, but I wasn't there for all of it, is there partial credit?)
Evil GM: ((take 300xp out of petty cash))
Paul: *laugh* Do I get any XP for ripping off the sailors?
Kazi: lol
Evil GM: You got wealth.
Paul: Oh, I know.
Feliks: do they have ablacksmith that can melt down softer metals?
Evil GM: yep
Feliks: we may want to do that, and leave a bit to fund their fight?
Kazi: I think so
Evil GM: He has a couple molds to, to make items quickly. He'll ask if you want little gold soldiers or little gold cups.
Paul: cups
Feliks: cups
Evil GM: 1 ingot = 1 cup
Evil GM: they are completely unadorned
Feliks: soldiers?
Ashling: that is one heavy cup
Kazi: I think we should leave them a bit of dollars for the fight
Evil GM: he makes little pewter soldiers for the kids to play with.
Evil GM: 3 soldiers per ingot
Feliks: how much is an ingot worth?
Evil GM: 100 gp
Feliks: so, 333gp soldiers
Feliks: no
Feliks: 33.3
Feliks: duh
Evil GM: yep
Feliks: eh, heavy cups, I guess
Evil GM: big solid mugs
Evil GM: alrighty. Good night everyone.
Kazi: night!
Feliks: good night!
Feliks: thx!
Evil GM: Enjoy being the town heroes. If you return victorious, they may even build statues of you
Paul: Night
Ashling: night
Kazi: night!
Paul has disconnected.
Feliks has disconnected.
Ashling has disconnected.
Evil GM has disconnected.
You have disconnected.