Tanya has connected.
Chris has connected.
Eric has connected.
GM has connected.
GM: yay! teh Maggi is here.
GM: Okay, 4 peeps, we can begin whenever you be read
GM: y
Maggi: which map?
GM: cave
Kazi: afk, brb
GM: Lemme know when folks be ready
Chris: i'm back
Chris: someone killed my bulette
GM: It was the vampire
Chris: cool, did we get XP?
GM: 300 each
Kazi: wow
Chris: for the bulette? cool
Chris: let me drag and drop another one for Darus to kill
GM: ((no, for last session))
GM: ((you only get XP from Darus if he kills gnomes))
* Darus bows to Ashling.
Darus: 'My apologies, my lady, I fear my temper is not what it used to be, and it was never good to begin with.'
* Flint breathes a big sigh of relief
Ashling: Yes, well... I just think we need to concentrate on our task.
* Feliks wants to fight!
* Kazi 's eyes glow purple as she huffs past and stands by Feliks
Kazi: (( who apparently she is standing by right now ))
Feliks: (( we were still in our spots from last week ))
GM: ((I moved you to where I thought you'd be based on the message board stuff))
Kazi: (( I know, I is being silly ))
Flint: Let's worry about the artifact later. There's no way I wanna blow it up at this point ... not unless we have to... So how about raiding this keep?
Kazi: (( I thought I was tripping the vampire, lol ))
GM: ((you'll have to roll if you want to do that))
Kazi: jas
Darus: The halfling can probably open the latch quietly. I too can open it, but my method isn't particularily subtle.
Feliks: Really?
Flint: and where does this latch lead, again?
Flint: ((hello???))
Darus: Into the keep.
Kazi: (( Kazi still has glowy eyes ))
Feliks: (( as does Feliks ))
Flint: Ok. *pointedly ignoring Kazi/Feliks* .... so looks like we'll ened 2 groups
* Kazi will move next to Feliks and glare at Darus
Flint: One group being ... well you, Darus. we need a distraction.
Flint: The rest of us will find and eliminate Kendall.
Flint: Capishe?
Kazi: Jerath, dear?
* Darus gazes at Feliks and Kazi for a moment, then addresses Flint
Darus: 'a distraction I can certainly provide. Those who surrender get to live. Of the others, do you wish prisoners?
* Jerath looks a bit confused, and still has a hand on his sword.
Jerath: yes Kazi?
Feliks: This is great, let's send the carnies after the biggest threat to the artifact.
Kazi: Can you identify this Kendall person?
Feliks: and let Mr Dropping Mountains make noise
Kazi: so as to limit the amount of confusion in the killing spree ahead of us?
Jerath: His armor will have command chevrons, and if he is on watch, his helmet will have two red plumes.
Kazi: Do you reckon his people will surrender, say, if I get his head on a stick and parade it around?
Darus: At your command then, Ms Ashling, Sir Flint.
* Kazi grins wickedly
Jerath: I....well, probably not if you do that.
Flint: I'd appreciate if you not kill those that surrender
* Kazi frowns
Kazi: Why not?
Flint: Because they don't know what they're doing up there. You can correct me if I'm wrong, later
Jerath: Well, would you surrender if someone was waving Flint's head around on a pike?
Jerath: no offense, Mr. Flint
Kazi: Depends on who was doing the waving
* Flint scratches his head, nervously
Kazi: Ok, ok, ok
Jerath: If Kendall is taken, Orban assumes command. To take out the leadership, you'd have to get both of them.
Kazi: Ah, well is this Orban man just as despicable?
Jerath: I don't know who is next in command. Fiske isn't much of a fighter.
Flint: Ok, and where's your best guess as to hwere they'd be at night? in their quarters?
Jerath: Orban is a priest. He served with my father for years, and has served with Kendall since Kendall took command.
Jerath: They will mount a full guard, even at night.
Jerath: People go missing at night ....
Kazi: So he is the cleric that we were forewarned of?
* Jerath glances at Darus
Jerath: I think he is the only cleric. Well, he has an acolyte.
Jerath: but I don't know much about him
Flint: I suppose the best thing would be for Darus to make a ruckus and see how comes out. We watch, and make a move from a second location if the leaders come out to take command
* Kazi is pointedly ignoring Asshat...er...Darus
Flint: But i'm no tactician ...
Paul has connected.
Darus: Where are the dwarves kept?
Ashling: We all have to come out of the cave at obne point, though, yes?
GM: ((Assume Vin answers that question))
Flint: Not necessarily. Darus might be able to sneak around...
Darus: There is a main building. I'll try to draw everyone in there. That leaves you free to move about and do whatever you will.
Flint: That'll limit us to face stragglers, and hopefully the leaders...
Jerath: We'd have to take the towers too. Or the guys crossing the bridge will get killed.
Jerath: They will have two men on each tower.
Jerath: and cannons
Ashling: So then... Darus emerges first, we wait a bit and then come out and hunt for the leaders
Flint: Well, there's an answer for towers too ... *waves a satchel charge*
Darus: I take it then you don't actually care what condition the fortress is in?
* Flint shakes his head.
Flint: Forts can be repaired.
Darus: Barracks should be in the main building. I think I'll start a bit of a fire.
* Kazi frowns
Darus: The wood inside will burn. The stone outside will not.
Paul: Hello, I delivered the message.
Darus: The fire won't spread, but it will be distracting
* Paul scurries up
Flint: hey, Paul, i think we're almost ready to go...
Darus: The sun will set very soon.
Paul: Ah, very well. I'm glad I made it back in time.
Ashling: How long after dark do you think we shoudl wait?
Darus: Mr. Paul, do you wish to open the lock subtly, or shall I break it down? You opening it gives you the option of barring it from the inside if things go badly.
Darus: As soon as the sun is behind the mountain, I am ready. Whenever you wish, Ms. Ashling.
Paul: Well, I'll open it, n o problem.
* Jerath murmurs something quietly
Darus: I should probably shut the traps off.
Darus: Paul, come with me a moment.
* Darus gestures for Paul to follow him
* Paul follows
* Darus points to a stop on the wall, then sticks his hand through it.
Paul: What's going on?
* Flint turns to the Sclavini
Darus: the lever is back here. Pull the one on the right to disable the traps in the main corridor, the one on the left to reset all the traps.
Darus: Try not to mix the two
Flint: Ok guys, I know you are stressed out, but we are gonna have to be our best in there... and we hafta work together.
Paul: Ah.
* Paul pulls the right lever.
GM: There is a very soft humming noise for about two secons
Darus: There is no way to disable the traps in the side corridor except one at a time with a bit of luck and skill.
Paul: Well... with your help, I'm sure we'll manage.
Darus: I can walk through the traps in the side corridor without them touching me. It's the rest of you that may find them inconvenient if you need to flee. Always have a back up plan, even when you are sure of victory
* Kazi glances at Flint, her eyes glowing a bright purple
* Darus winks at Paul
Paul: Ah. So, you can point them out to me.
Darus: You should know where they are, since you made it down here
Darus: The sun has set
Flint: Would you stop with the eye glow! Help us out. PLEASE.
Flint: Take out your aggressions on that bastard topside.
Darus: Perhaps, Mr. Paul, I should guide you to the gate and test your lockpicks
Paul: Sure.
Darus: Ms. Ashling, catch up when you are ready.
Paul: Take 20 for 40.
* Kazi nods at Flint, rests her head pensively on Feliks' shoulder
GM: Roll hide and move silently too
* Flint clear his throat, drifts off to prep satchel charges without the usual grin
Paul: Hide « 1d20+17 ⇒ 15 + 17 = 32 »
Paul: Move silently « 1d20+15 ⇒ 4 + 15 = 19 »
* Feliks looks at kazi, and nods down the path. He looks as serious as he ever has.
GM: The lock is a bit tricky because you are trying to keep from being noticed, but you manage to get it open without the two guards noticing
GM: Actually opening the gate will probably get their attention though.
* Kazi nods seriously back and gives him a long look
Paul: Ah.
Paul: Any sort of slat to shoot through?
Paul: (())
GM: It's kind of a portcullis
Paul: Ah
* Paul waits for his allies to arrive.
GM: ((everybody ready already? ))
Flint: (yup)
Feliks: (( yup. move us? ))
GM: actually, switch back to the Lond Daer map please?
GM: afk
GM: back
GM: Everyone on the LondDaer map?
Feliks: y
Ashling: yep
Kazi: (( why is Kazi not next to Feliks? ))
Kazi: (( hai! and hai! ash! ))
Flint: (i'm all set)
Feliks: entering Blood in the Water stance: +1 to hit and damage for each critical hit. Bonuses stack, and last 10 rds.
Ashling: (( so this is where the cave comes out? ))
GM: ((yes))
* Flint puts his goggles on, and locks and loads his musket. He's ready.
GM: ((soldiers positioned, roll initiative))
Ashling: (( I am slightly confused by the map - are the stone "paths" really paths? Aren't we on a hilltop? ))
GM: ((the 'paths' are cliffs))
* Kazi 's eyes are glowing purple still
Kazi: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 17 + 2 = 19 »
Flint: Initative: « 1d20+3+mod ⇒ 5 + 3 + 0 = 8 »
Feliks: Initiative: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 9 + 5 = 14 »
Ashling: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 13 + 2 = 15 »
GM: ((and 50 bonus XP to whoever keeps track of initiative for me))
Paul: initiative « 1d20+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
Darus: Initiative « 1d20+12 ⇒ 9 + 12 = 21 »
Flint: (I'll do it)
Jerath: Initiative « 1d20 ⇒ 20 »
GM: Soldiers - « 1d20+1 ⇒ 13 + 1 = 14 »
GM: Bad 1 - « 1d20+2 ⇒ 3 + 2 = 5 »
GM: Bad 2 - « 1d20+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
GM: And Darus is going to move during the 'surprise' round. He steps through the gate and...
Flint: Darus is up, Jerath on deck
* Darus punches for « 1d20+13 ⇒ 16 + 13 = 29 » for « 1d3+6 ⇒ 2 + 6 = 8 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 2 is knocked back against the wall
Darus: Hi
Flint: Jerath is up, Kazi on deck
GM: ((rest of you can take single actions if desired))
GM: Jerath waits for the party to give the 'move' order
* Kazi holds
* Flint holds
Ashling: I am going to cast message
Joseph has connected.
Ashling: lemme see how many peeps I can get
Flint: (hi Joseph, can we get an init roll for you and your henchman please? one roll for both would be nice)
Vin: « 1d20 ⇒ 14 »
Vin: +1 for me, +3 I think for the hench
Ashling: ok, I cast it on Darus and Kazi
Ashling: (if Darus will l et me, that is)
GM: ((he will let Ashling cast on him))
Ashling: we can now whisper to each other up to 120' dist
* Kazi whispers to Ash, aww, darling, I didn't know you cared
Kazi: (( hee hee ))
* Ashling pokes Kazi in the side.
* Kazi attempts to be serious
Vin: ((sorry +2 for hench))
Flint: (for simplicity, Ms. GM, just have Vin and hench go one same init #? or do you want separate?)
GM: ((let them go on the same))
GM: ((everyone holding their surprise round action then?))
Flint: (looks like it)
Paul: Hmmmm
Paul: Wait
Flint: (toehr than get weapons ready etc.)
Paul: Paul's gonna stab with his rapier.
* Amareth Soldier 29 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 1 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 20 + 5 = 25 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » damage
GM: ((one Amareth soldier manages to hit Darus with a longsword, but it doesn't seem to have any affect))
Kazi: (( well, I guess Kazi can get the whip-dagger ready for action ))
GM: The Amareth look confused and ready to give chase
Vin: ((I would have gotten my weapons readied, same for Llyssa))
GM: Jerath waits for the signal
GM: Next?
Flint: well, then surprise round is over, Darus's turn
GM: ((he took it, and the Amareth took their AoOs. Jerath is holding action))
Flint: Kazi is up. Win on deck.
Flint: Vin*
Vin: ((Oh I win huh? cool))
* Kazi is still waiting on a course of action, so she has whip-dagger waiting and Eldritch energy licking at her hands
Flint: Vin's turn. Ashling on deck.
Vin: ((Umm, i still need info. Guards know we are there, or just Darus?))
GM: ((guards look about to chase after Darus
Feliks: (( Darus is drawing them away for us ))
Vin: **Ready action** ((done))
Flint: Ashling's turn. Bad 2 on deck.
Ashling: ((done))
GM: ((done))
Flint: (delaying as well, Ash?)
GM: ((hold on, let's speed up))
Ashling: ((hoping the guards will go))
GM: ((the two guards run after Darus, shouting. From the top of initiative again?))
Flint: (no i've got it)
Flint: (shifted crads for delays appropriately. Kazi's turn)
Flint: Jerath too
* Kazi is waiting
Flint: Jerath's up, Vin on deck
Flint: (maybe we need to ask: who goes in first?)
Flint: (and we take it from there?)
Flint: (ok, Flint is taking point then.)
GM has disconnected.
Vin: **whisper, whisper** Well I can lead us to where they most likely are
Flint: (hang on, lost the GM)
Ashling: We need to take care of the towers so Nikolai can join us.
Feliks: I can take one tower
Flint: (ok, Feliks take the SE one)
Flint: (I'll head to the NE one and blow a charge)
Kazi: I'll go with Feliks
Vin: (once inside I can get barings on where everything is)
Flint: (once you take out your tower, meet in the middle, and Vin can show us where to go from there, hopefully)
GM has connected.
Feliks: (( aren't we mainly worried about the 2 north central ones? ))
Flint: (ok, head there then. Feliks take east, I got west.)
GM: ((sorry about that, my computer just randomly logged me off))
Ashling: (( the central ones may be the gate structure (?) ))
Flint: question, GM. are there four towers on the north side, or 2?
GM: ((regarding map - cobblestone is outside, zig-zag is inside. 4 towers on the front, two in the back. All the other enclosed zig-zag areas are buildings))
GM: ((green is gardens))
Flint: and where is Nikolai coming in from? North?
Flint: (( ))
GM: ((yep))
Ashling: (( so the cannons are on the N central towers? ))
GM: ((yep))
Flint: (ok. our plan is for Feliks/Kazi to neutralize central right tower
GM: ((and my bridge vanished. Hang on))
Flint: (Flint will blow a charge in the central left tower)
Flint: (from there we meet up and together take out the leaders with Vin's direction)
Vin: (if willing I can lead the rest of us to the prison to release the dwarves to have a few extra hands)
Flint: (oh, someone should open the gate too. I nominate Ashling)
Flint: (sounds good Vin)
Ashling: (sure, assuming Flints charge doesn't destroy it)
Flint: (if it does, even better)
Vin: (make note, don't go into the central building, guards' quarters and such *whispered to group before dispersing of course*)
Kazi: (( how are our reinforcements getting in otherwise? ))
Ashling: (so long as Nikolai can still get in)
Flint: (Flint will try not to cause much collateral damage)
Flint: (so who is taking point?)
Flint: (so I can restart init there)
Kazi: (( Kazi has her doubts as to whether this is possible ))
Kazi: (( Tower people take point? ))
Vin: (let me, at least the guards won't shoot on site at me...yet)
Flint: Vin's action, in that case
Vin: (start whenever?)
Flint: yep, gogogo
Flint: hench too
Vin: (double move)
Flint: Jerath can go if he wants next
Vin: (being cautious, so done)
Flint: Kazi up. Ashling next
* Kazi will wait to go after Feliks
Ashling: (peek around corner)
Ashling: (done, unless I see something of note)
GM: ((the streeets look deserted))
Flint: Paul next.
Feliks: (( he just left the chat ))
Flint: Feliks next.
Flint: and Kazi after him.
Paul has disconnected.
Feliks: (( paul is going with vin? we could put him btwn Jerath and Llyssa ))
Flint: yeah, just move him up
* Flint moves up.
Flint: last but not least, Bad 1.
GM: Bad 1 takes it's action.
Flint: Round 2: Darus
GM: You all hear a very loud THUD come from inside the building, and the sound of shattering glass. Next
Flint: Bad 2.
Vin: (after Paul has arrived) *in a low voice behind me* "This here is the prison, normally 3 guards but no gurantees" *pointing out the building to my east*
GM: You hear a very loud voice shout 'TO ARMS, TO ARMS, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK'. Voice sounds magically enhanced
GM: ((aka, way louder than it should be))
GM: done
Flint: Soldiers.
GM: Do some screaming
GM: Done
Flint: Vin is up.Jerath on deck
Vin: "Here's hoping that they don't kill on site everyone but them"
Kazi: (( free action? ))
Vin: *moves up and out to the prison
Vin: *to guards* "I heard we are under attack, is that true!?"
Flint: (nice)
Amareth Soldier 33: Hard not to hear we are under attack.
Amareth Soldier 6: Where have you been?
Vin: *continues to walk in seemingly to check on the prisoners*
Amareth Soldier 6: Hey there! The Captain said that door don't open unless he is here
GM: ((next))
Vin: "I was out strolling, I just returned to see some strange man run by"
Flint: Jerath is up.
Amareth Soldier 7: So go chase him
GM: done
Flint: Ashling.
Ashling: (peek around corner again)
Ashling: (( still empty? ))
GM: ((looks like))
Vin: "My job is the dwarves here, not strange men"
* Ashling waves at the others. "Hurry..."
Amareth Soldier 6: Door don't open without the captain's say so.
Vin: ((my movement to the dwarves was for observation, not trying to open the door))
Ashling: (done)
Flint: Paul's turn. though I don't know what he would do
GM: ((from what you can see, all the dwarves seem to be alive and at least as well as they were when you left))
GM: ((I'm going to assume he follows Vin to free the dwarves
Flint: (while he does ... something, it's Feliks' turn)
Feliks: double move, peek around corner
GM: You do see a guard, sword drawn, standing near what appears to be a stable door
Feliks: hold up 1 finger, done
Flint: Kazi.
Kazi: done
* Flint moves up. (double move)
Flint: Bad 1.
* Kazi also double moved up (sorry)
GM: ((done))
Flint: Round 3: Darus.
GM: A few more loud thuds, and what sounds something like a piano being pushed down stairs
GM: done
Flint: Soldiers get to react to hat now
* Amareth Soldier 29 comes running out the door, sees himself between Kazi and Feliks, and drops his sword before continuing to run
GM: You hear the sound of a cannon firing
GM: done
Flint: Vin's turn.
GM: He positions himself by the door in the dwarves' prison
GM: Next
Flint: Jerath's turn
* Jerath takes up a guard position behind Flint
GM: done
Flint: Ashling
Ashling: (done)
Flint: Paul's turn .. he does something...
Flint: Feliks is up
Feliks: I guess i charge Orban. (skill trick to make one movement change in a charge)
GM: ((go for it))
Feliks: Standard Rapier attack:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 17 + 8 + 2 = 27 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 2 + 2 + 0 = 4 »
Feliks: done
Flint: Kazi's turn
Orban: Sclavini Demon-lover!
Feliks: (ac 16 this round now)
Kazi: What did he just say?
* Kazi lets the Eldritch energies that have been coalescing around her hands loose
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 18 + 5 + 1 = 24 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Kazi: On Orban
Orban: WITCH!
Orban: Kill the Witch!
Kazi: Oh shut up, will you?
* Flint concentrates, and the air goes fuzzy for a moment in a line between him and Orban
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance he becomes dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 5 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 53 »
Flint: Psi Power: Mind Thrust (5 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): deals « 7d10 ⇒ 42 » damage to target creature, Will DC 18 negates.
GM: « 1d20+9 ⇒ 16 + 9 = 25 »
GM: ((no affect))
Flint: Bads 1 and 2 get to go now
* Orban makes a touch attack to deal « 6d6 ⇒ 17 » non lethal damage & stun for 1 rnd. If unconscious « 1d6 ⇒ 3 » points Wis damage. Will - 16 negates
GM: ((on Feliks))
GM: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 4 + 7 = 11 »
GM: ((touch attack. Methinks is a miss))
Feliks: (( miss. touch 14 this round due to charge ))
Feliks: Yay! the Big Bads were led right to us!
Feliks: FUCK YOU DARUS!
Flint: speaking of Darus, it's Round 4 and his turn now
* Kazi laughs in delight
GM: he's done
Flint: Soldiers
GM: at Feliks
* Amareth Soldier 42 fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 5 + 3 = 8 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 1 » damage
Amareth Soldier: at Kazi
* Amareth Soldier fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 9 + 3 = 12 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 2 » damage
GM: done
Flint: Vin's turn
GM: More screaming is heard
Vin: ((I closed the door behind me, is it still closed?))
GM: yes
* Gunvar shouts a dwarven war cry
Vin: "It sounds pretty hectic out there. You guys should go and help! What if there was more than the man I saw? He was clearly Sclavini and I clearly heard the cannon fire" ((assuming that Gunvar doesn't do something...))
Amareth Soldier 33: Captain said we aren't to leave
Feliks: (( jeez, just make the diplomacy roll already ))
Feliks: (( or bluff ))
Vin: ((sry, my chicken was buirning))
Vin: Diplomacy: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 6 + 7 = 13 »
Vin: (( ))
Amareth Soldier 33: If those dwarves escape, it's on you!
GM: two leave, one stays
Vin: "Like I didn;t know that"
Flint: if that's it, Jerath is up
Vin: *moves away from the door as they leave* (done otherwsie)
Jerath: Orban, throw down your arms!
GM: done
Flint: Ashling's turn
Ashling: cast obscuring mist: 20ft radius centered on me
* Kazi whispers, clever lad, I knew I was starting to like him for a reason
Ashling: (( thanks ))
Feliks: (( how high are the walls and the towers? ))
Ashling: whisper message: more are coming from behind
GM: ((about 20'))
Ashling: (done)
GM: ((20' for walls, 25' for towers))
Flint: Feliks is up. Kazi on deck.
Feliks: (( measuring stuff. ))
Feliks: how tall is this bulding?
GM: maybe 10'
GM: if that. Single story, flat roof
Feliks: tumbling past enemies. (dc 27 to get past 2)
* Eric rolls: 1d20+17 Tumble => 3 + 17 = 20
Feliks: i get that far.
Feliks: and they get AoOs
* Amareth Soldier 25 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » damage
* Orban swings a longsword « 1d20+8 ⇒ 1 + 8 = 9 » for « 1d8+3 ⇒ 3 + 3 = 6 »
GM: « 1d4 ⇒ 2 »
GM: (orban does not take out his own man, but in his zealousness his swing goes wide))
Feliks: oh well. I'll attack Orbs, then
Kazi: (( he did just call your wife a witch ))
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 5 + 8 + 0 = 13 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 0 = 5 » Fire: « 1d6+3 ⇒ 1 + 3 = 4 »
Feliks: done
Flint: Kazi's turn. Flint on deck.
* Kazi is still feeling annoyed at being called a witch
Kazi: On Orban
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 8 + 5 + 1 = 14 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
Kazi: done
* Jerath stares at Kazi
* Kazi stares at Jerath
Flint: (the follwoing is targetting Kendall, and soldiers 30 and 34)
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance he becomes dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 5 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 35 »
Flint: Psi Power: Id Insinuation (5 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): confuses as the spell, up to 3 targets within 15 feet of each other, Will DC 18 negates.
GM: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 11 + 3 = 14 »
GM: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 2 + 3 = 5 »
GM: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 16 + 8 = 24 »
Flint: (wish I could use AP's to force opponents to reroll saves)
GM: The guards are confused
Flint: Bads 1 and 2 get to go now
* Captain Kendall takes a swing with a longsword « 1d20+13 ⇒ 5 + 13 = 18 » for « 1d8+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 » damage
GM: ((at Feliks))
Feliks: hit
* Orban makes a touch attack« 1d20+7 ⇒ 6 + 7 = 13 » to deal « 2d8+6 ⇒ 4 + 6 = 10 » damage.
GM: ((also at Feliks))
Feliks: miss
GM: At Kazi -
* Fiske attempts a ranged touch spell « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 » for « 3d6 ⇒ 7 » sonic damage
Kazi: Ouch! Jerk!
Captain Kendall: TRAITOR
Flint: Round 5: Darus is up
* Darus makes a full attack action by swinging a battleaxe twice « 1d20+12 ⇒ 13 + 12 = 25 » for « 1d8+7 ⇒ 5 + 7 = 12 » and « 1d20+7 ⇒ 3 + 7 = 10 » for « 1d8+7 ⇒ 5 + 7 = 12 » and a handaxe twice « 1d20+12 ⇒ 14 + 12 = 26 » for « 1d6+4 ⇒ 6 + 4 = 10 » and « 1d20+7 ⇒ 19 + 7 = 26 » for « 1d6+4 ⇒ 5 + 4 = 9 »
GM: Fiske is ribbons
GM: well, not quite, he just laying on the cobble bleeding heavily
GM: next
Flint: Soldiers are up. 30: « 1d100 ⇒ 92 » 34: 1d100]
Flint: « 1d100 ⇒ 46 »
Flint: 30 Attacks nearest creature.
Flint: 34 Does nothing.
GM: 30 attacks 34
* Amareth Soldier 30 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 16 + 5 = 21 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 25 takes a 5' step back and tosses down his sword
GM: you hear the sounds of one canon, then another cannon
GM: at Kazi
* Amareth Soldier 42 fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 19 + 3 = 22 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 2 » damage
* Amareth Soldier fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 19 + 3 = 22 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 3 » damage
GM: done
Flint: Vin is u
Flint: p
Kazi: Fucking, ow, you assholes!
Vin: "Another cannon and no cries of victory from inside either, I wonder if everything is ok out there?" *pulling his dagger out* "Best not be caught off guard"
Vin: "Maybe you should check on them? If it's taking this long there, must be more than I first thought"
Vin: (diplomacy?)
Amareth Soldier 6: Captain's orders where clear. If they take the fort, kill the dwarves. Keep your blade ready.
Vin: "His orders were clear huh? Alrighty then." *quickly stabs at the guard* (would I get sneak attack?)
Feliks: (( that's a bluff to get him to drop his guard ))
Feliks: (( standard action ))
Feliks: (( without the feat ))
Vin: *Llyssa swinging her chain at the guard as well*
Vin: ((Well I wasn't doing that so normal attack then i guess)
Feliks: (( bluff now and wait a round ))
Feliks: (( look for it under "feint" i believe ))
Vin: Attack: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 13 + 2 = 15 » Damage: « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
GM: ((hit, though it's just a flesh wound))
Vin: Llyssa Attack: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 19 + 6 = 25 » Damage « 2d4+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
Vin: ((so close to crit range...))
Amareth Soldier 6: TRAITORS!
Flint: Jerath is up, if he's done
Vin: *make 5 foot steps after attack, assuming if i can?*
* Jerath touches Kazi, healing her for 2 hit points
Flint: (!!!!!)
Jerath: Kendall stop this! Tell your men to stand down!
Kazi: Thank you, darling
GM: done
Flint: Ashling is up
Ashling: pull out wand and tap Kazi: CLW « 1d8+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Kazi: Thank you, too, darling
Ashling: (done)
Flint: Feliks is up, then Kazi
Feliks: on orban
Feliks: Standard Rapier attack:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 2 + 8 + 0 = 10 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 5 + 2 + 0 = 7 »
* Eric rolls: 1d20+17 Tumble => 18 + 17 = 35
Feliks: i can't leave you here this way.
Feliks: done
Flint: Kazi?
Kazi: Um, thanks Feliks
* Kazi casts CLW on her husband
Kazi: Cure Light Wounds « 1d8+1 ⇒ 1 + 1 = 2 »
Kazi: (( OH FFS ))
Flint: (do the leaders look like they are heading Jerath's call to stand down?)
Flint: (heeding*?)
Kazi: (( just an experiment, please disregard ))
Kazi: Cure Light Wounds « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Kazi: WTF
GM: ((Orban looks confused. Some of the soldiers are backing away a bit. Kendall...well....))
Kazi: (( WHY DOES THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR HATE ME SO ))
* Flint decided to incite more chaos
Vin: ((how many cookies have you fed it lately?))
Flint: (targetting Kendall, Orban, and soldiers next to them)
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance he becomes dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 5 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 87 »
Flint: Psi Power: Id Insinuation (5 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): confuses as the spell, up to 3 targets within 15 feet of each other, Will DC 18 negates.
GM: « 1d20+9 ⇒ 17 + 9 = 26 »
GM: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 7 + 8 = 15 »
GM: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 9 + 3 = 12 »
GM: Orban is uneffected
Flint: (!!!)
Flint: Orban/Kendall's turn, then.
GM: ((what is kendall's action?))
Flint: « 1d100 ⇒ 60 »
Flint: Flees from me at top speed.
Flint: provoking AOO's if applicable
GM: lol...right into the vampire
GM: Orban retreats, but as he moves past the surrendering soldier....
Flint: and then it is Darus's turn
* Orban swings a longsword « 1d20+8 ⇒ 6 + 8 = 14 » for « 1d8+3 ⇒ 5 + 3 = 8 »
GM: he cuts the man's throat
Flint: (hey, that's mean)
Kazi: (( WTF? ))
GM: ((yes))
Orban: this is the fate of traitors.
* Orban stares at Jerath
* Rothan swings a rapier « 1d20+5 ⇒ 8 + 5 = 13 » for « 1d6+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » damage (+2 versus humans)
GM: ((at Ashling))
Kazi: OOOH, can I get him? Can I get him?
Ashling: woah, that actually misses
GM: done
Flint: Darus is up
GM: (he takes his action))
Flint: (evuiscerate a Paladin?)
GM: ((only one paladin in the fort. It ain't Kendall))
Flint: Soldiers' turn
Flint: 30: « 1d100 ⇒ 100 »
Flint: 34: « 1d100 ⇒ 13 »
Flint: 30 acts normally
Flint: no, 34 acts normally
* Amareth Soldier 30 backs up, fleeing into the garden
Flint: 30 Attacks nearest
Flint: after that, they are no longer confused.
Flint: nor is Kendall who moved out of range.
* Amareth Soldier 30 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 20 + 5 = 25 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 30 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » damage
GM: ((at Ashling))
Flint: (I think you mean 26? but ok)
Ashling: (ow!)
GM: ((whatever number))
Flint: We gotta get to those towers!
Amareth Soldier: at Feliks
* Amareth Soldier fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 19 + 3 = 22 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 7 » damage
Amareth Soldier 42: at Jerath
* Amareth Soldier 42 fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 6 + 3 = 9 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 2 » damage
GM: done
Flint: Vin is up
GM: oh, wait...
Amareth Soldier 6: at Vin
* Amareth Soldier 6 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 13 + 5 = 18 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 3 + 2 = 5 » damage
GM: now done
Vin: ((ouchies)
Vin: *Continue attacks*
Vin: Attack (flanking +2) « 1d20+3 ⇒ 19 + 3 = 22 » Damage « 1d4+1d6 ⇒ 4 + 4 = 8 »
Vin: possible crit, yay
* Amareth Soldier 6 falls
Vin: ((lol))
Vin: *check body for cell key*
GM: ((none. Kendall and Orban each had keys though))
Vin: ((Llyssa can do it if I don't have the actions left))
Kazi: (( it's on one of the other soldiers ))
GM: ((the princess is in another castle))
Vin: ((type of lock?))
GM: padlock. Needs a key.
Kazi: (( shoot it ))
Flint: (paul to the rescue?)
Vin: ((that's why i was asking))
Paul Wennet: is there with lockpicks
GM: done?
Vin: ((why not, he's magically divine like that as an NPC))
Flint: Jerath is up
Vin: done
Jerath: Rothan stand down, Kendall has fled and Orban is a murderer
* Rothan nods to Jerath
GM: done
Flint: Ashling's turn
Ashling: tap self with wand: CLW « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Ashling: (done)
Flint: (paul unlocks things, Feliks next)
Feliks: (( hold until Kazi is done ))
Flint: Kazi?
* Kazi tries to cast CLW again
Kazi: Cure Light Wounds « 1d8+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Kazi: On Feliks
Feliks: ok, DC 25 to tumble 30 squares on my move
* Eric rolls: 1d20+17 Tumble => 5 + 17 = 22
Flint: (AP!)
Kazi: um?
Feliks: (( lol ))
GM: ((ap?))
Feliks: i guess i get halfway
Feliks: we have ap?
Flint: (you're damn right we have AP)
* Eric rolls: 1d6 AP => 3
Vin: (i didn't know this)
GM: ((yep. I think you've even used it before))
Feliks: *Bampf!* Tendrils of shadow envelop Feliks, as he teleports 50 ft to an area he has LoS and LoE to.
Feliks: done
Flint: (targetting Orban)
* Kazi mutters, dammitall Feliks
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+8+atk ⇒ 6 + 8 + 0 = 14 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1+dmg ⇒ 6 + 1 + 0 = 7 »
Flint: AP « 1d6 ⇒ 2 »
GM: ((hit))
* Flint moves up and is done
Flint: Bad 1, 2
* Orban makes a touch attack« 1d20+7 ⇒ 3 + 7 = 10 » to make subject blind or deaf - (Fort 16)
* Flint dodges!
GM: ((on Flint))
Amareth Soldier 42: at Kazi
* Amareth Soldier 42 fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 4 + 3 = 7 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 2 » damage
Amareth Soldier: at Ashling
* Amareth Soldier fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 7 + 3 = 10 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 6 » damage
Amareth Soldier: ((oh, wait, not soldiers yet, sorry))
Flint: (um, was Darus's turn next, but I guess it doesn't matter)
Kazi: can we just do that, and say they didn't hit?
GM: (sure))
GM: You hear a huge crashing noise, and the ground seems to shake slightly.
GM: Feliks, from your vantage point, you can see a cannon has left a tower the fast way
Darus: I hope we didn't need those
GM: done
Flint: (soldiers, now)
GM: Feliks, you can see two soldiers running across the bridge
* Amareth Soldier 43 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 11 + 5 = 16 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 1 + 2 = 3 » damage
GM: and another swinging a longsword at you
Feliks: whose soldiers?
Rothan: Stand down!
GM: Amareth
GM: you can see Nikolai start to direct his soldiers over the bridge
GM: The soldiers following Rothan look confused, but stand down, though they don't drop or sheath their weapons
GM: done
Flint: Vin's turn
Llyssa: AoO on soldier15 « 1d20+6 ⇒ 5 + 6 = 11 » Damage « 2d4+1 ⇒ 7 + 1 = 8 »
Vin: *While on the move, pull out pistol and shoot the soldier 15*
Vin: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 7 + 4 = 11 » Damage« 1d10 ⇒ 5 »
Vin: ((grr))
Llyssa: Attack: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 9 + 6 = 15 » Damage: « 2d4+1 ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
Vin: ((done))
Flint: Jerath is up
* Jerath stays between the soldiers and the party.
Jerath: done
Vin: ((Hopefully Paul continus to work))
Flint: Ashling's turn
GM: Paul gets the lock undone
Feliks: (( I'm sad the pistols weren't used as lockbreaks. ))
Ashling: cast shield
Ashling: (done)
Flint: Kazi's turn
Kazi: (( me too ))
Kazi: Leave Flint alone!
Kazi: On Orban
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 17 + 5 + 1 = 23 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 10 + 1 = 11 »
Flint: (how's Orban looking?)
Vin: ((well i would have shot the lock had Paul not magically showed up so I didn't need to waste a bullet))
Feliks: (( sooooo much less cooler ))
Vin: ((Well it was planned to be shot, trust me))
GM: ((pretty bad))
Flint: if Kazi's all set, Feliks is up
Kazi: (( I have been peppering him with Eldritch badassery ))
Kazi: (( done ))
Feliks: that's a 10 ft jump across to the stables?
Flint: (without a running start but yes)
GM: yep, with the stables about 10' lower than the walls
Feliks: DC20 jump
* Eric rolls: 1d20+12 Jump => 3 + 12 = 15
Flint: (man the dice hate you)
* Eric rolls: 1d6 AP => 5
GM: ((yay))
Feliks: on the roof.
Feliks: AoO, btw
* Kazi 's eyes sparkle with love and admiration
Feliks: as i'm doubling up my move here
Vin: ((So how many AP do we each have?))
Feliks: (i hope at least 2
Feliks: )
GM: ((I forget. I'm trusting my nifty-difty players to keep track and be honest))
Flint: cheat sheet: http://ironwolves.wikidot.com/forum/t-73901/action-points
Flint: ((ok, I'm up))
Feliks: (( i haven't used any in memory, so i should be fine ))
* Flint draws his pistol, shooting Orban
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+8+atk ⇒ 1 + 8 + 0 = 9 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1+dmg ⇒ 3 + 1 + 0 = 4 »
Flint: (lovely)
GM: ((roll the 1d4))
Flint: « 1d4 ⇒ 3 »
GM: ((you don't shoot Feliks))
Flint: Bads 1 and 2
* Orban casts a spell to cure « 2d8+6 ⇒ 9 + 6 = 15 » points of damage
* Orban looks a lot healthier
Flint: Darus up after the big bads
GM: ((done))
Flint: and t hen Soldiers
* Amareth Soldier 34 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 8 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 18 + 5 = 23 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 4 + 2 = 6 » damage
Flint: (2 hits)
GM: ((both at Flint))
Kazi: They don't listen too well!
* Amareth Soldier 18 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 4 + 2 = 6 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 15 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 20 + 5 = 25 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 8 + 2 = 10 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 15 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 3 + 5 = 8 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » damage
GM: Vin and Llyssa take hits
Vin: ((AoO on soldier 18?))
GM: ((sure))
GM: ((at Kazi))
* Amareth Soldier 42 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 12 + 5 = 17 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 8 + 2 = 10 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 42 fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 14 + 3 = 17 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 6 » damage
GM: ((2nd, not first))
GM: at Ashling
* Amareth Soldier fires a heavy crossbow « 1d20+3 ⇒ 15 + 3 = 18 » for « 1d10 ⇒ 5 » damage
Flint: (do those guys have rapid reload or something?)
Llyssa: AoO Attack: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 16 + 6 = 22 » Damage: « 2d4+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Flint: (thought it was a fulround action to reload a heavy?)
GM: ((yep))
Flint: (k)
GM: done
Flint: Vin's up
Llyssa: (finding something out)
Llyssa: Attack on soldier 15: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 16 + 6 = 22 » Damage: « 2d4+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
GM: hist
GM: hit
Vin: *Moves and tackles 15 with a bit of concern and anger* (throw those AoO at me)
* Amareth Soldier 15 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 18 + 5 = 23 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 18 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 8 + 5 = 13 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 » damage
Vin: (15 gets one too?)
GM: ((do you have improved grapple?))
Vin: (dur, nvm)
Feliks: (( initiating a grapple provokes, iirc ))
Flint: (ok, Vin, touch attack?)
Vin: ((I believe I have impaled myself on 15's sword))
Vin: ((0HP))
Vin: ((very precise, I must commend you on that))
GM: Next?
Flint: Jerath
Jerath: Rothan, go inside and heal those in need of healing. I imagine there are a few.
* Jerath swings his longsword « 1d20+8 ⇒ 6 + 8 = 14 » for « 1d8+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 »
GM: done
Flint: Ashling's turn
Ashling: on unnumbered soldier:
Ashling: Magic Missile: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Amareth Soldier: damn witches
Flint: Kazi is up
Kazi: on 42
Kazi: Eldritch Blast (Ranged touch) « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 15 + 5 + 0 = 20 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 11 + 0 = 11 »
* Amareth Soldier 42 goes tumbling over the side of the tower and lands with a sickening thud on the ground below.
Flint: Feliks next.
* Eric rolls: 1d20+17 Tumble => 18 + 17 = 35
Feliks: on 8
Feliks: Standard Rapier attack:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 8 + 8 + 2 = 18 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 »
Feliks: done
* Flint backs away, letting lose a psionic salvo at #8
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance he becomes dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 5 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 11 »
Flint: Psi Power: Mind Thrust (5 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): deals « 7d10 ⇒ 24 » damage to target creature, Will DC 18 negates.
Flint: Bads #1 and 2
GM: at feliks
* Gaufrid fires a shortbow « 1d20+6 ⇒ 20 + 6 = 26 » for « 1d6 ⇒ 1 » damage + « 2d6 ⇒ 9 » sneak attack if applicable
* Gaufrid fires a shortbow « 1d20+6 ⇒ 2 + 6 = 8 » for « 1d6 ⇒ 4 » damage + « 2d6 ⇒ 7 » sneak attack if applicable
* Orban casts a spell to cure « 1d8+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 » points of damage
GM: on Fiske
GM: done
Flint: Darus is up
GM: You hear no cannons this round
GM: done
Flint: Soldiers.
GM: at Feliks
* Amareth Soldier 34 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » damage
* Amareth Soldier 30 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 6 + 2 = 8 » damage
GM: you can hear more sounds of combat, it seems your reinforcements have arrived
Flint: Vin's turn, if the soldiers are done
GM: done
Flint: Vin's turn, if the soldiers are done
GM: oh, crap, I forgot about the soldier with vin again
Llyssa: ((waiting for that coup de grace))
* Amareth Soldier 15 pulls Vin to him and orders Llyssa to drop her weapon
* Amareth Soldier 18 holds action
GM: now done
Flint: Jerath is up
* Jerath swings his longsword « 1d20+8 ⇒ 3 + 8 = 11 » for « 1d8+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 »
GM: done
Flint: Ashling's up
Llyssa: **Snarls but holds from attacking in case of endangering Vin**
Ashling: on unnumbered again
Ashling: Magic Missile: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Ashling: (done)
* Amareth Soldier falls backwards out of site
Flint: Kazi's turn
Kazi: (( please hold ))
Kazi: (( looking something up ))
* Feliks moves while Kazi burrows through her pack
* Eric rolls: 1d20+17 Tumble => 4 + 17 = 21
Feliks: no AoO
Feliks: on 34
Feliks: Standard Rapier attack:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 18 + 8 + 0 = 26 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 4 + 2 + 0 = 6 »
Flint: (oooh, crit?)
Feliks: Standard Rapier attack:
to hit: «
 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 18 + 8 + 0 = 26 »
Damage: «
 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 6 + 2 + 0 = 8 »
Feliks: YES!
* Kazi is not burrowing through pack
GM: Soldier's head goes flying
Feliks: +1 to attack and damage for 10 rds
Flint: Kazi's turn ....
Feliks: (( for me only ))
* Kazi draws an amber tipped crystal wand from her bandolier and calls down a flamestrike on those jerks
Kazi: Cylinder (10-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)
Flint: ( i drew a good oen I think)
Kazi: I think I want Kendall in it
Flint: (they are all in it but Soldier 30, that cool?)
Kazi: yep
GM: I just totaltly screwed up drawing
Flint: you can Ctrl+Z
Flint: to undo
Kazi: reflex for half, but I am not sure what the DC is, since it's a Wand and I did not make it.
Flint: (probably minimum, DC 15?)
GM: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 15 + 6 = 21 »
GM: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 1 + 6 = 7 »
Kazi: « 9d6 ⇒ 36 »
GM: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 11 + 7 = 18 »
GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 19 + 1 = 20 »
GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 7 + 1 = 8 »
Kazi: half of that fire, half of that DIVINE, BITCHES
GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 1 + 1 = 2 »
GM: Gaufrid looks unhurt, Kendall looks crispy, and Fiske looks like he only took partial damage
Kazi: Feel the wrath of the Sclavini gods, Amarethi dogs
Kazi: (( done ))
* Flint follows up with another psi blast, targetting Gaufrid
Flint: Wild Surge! (at will, free action): Flint's next power is boosted by +2 manifester level, although there is a 10% chance he becomes dazed for 1 round afterwards and losing 5 PP.
Low is bad: «
 1d100 ⇒ 78 »
Flint: Psi Power: Mind Thrust (5 PP, Telepathy, Mind-Affecting): deals « 7d10 ⇒ 31 » damage to target creature, Will DC 18 negates.
GM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 12 + 2 = 14 »
Flint: Bads 1 and 2
* Fiske raises a hand and points at Kazi
* Fiske sends a bolt of lightning from his fingers for « 6d6 ⇒ 28 » electrical damage reflex save DC 16 for half
Flint: (shit)
Fiske: taste Samad's wrath, witch!
GM: Jerath, Kazi, and Ashling
Kazi: AP: « 1d6 ⇒ 5 »
Flint: (um, collateral damage to his soldier too)
GM: ((and yes, he did just kill his own man))
Vin: ((got to love fanatical zealots))
GM: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Kazi: Ow, fucking ow
* Captain Kendall takes a swing with a longsword « 1d20+13 ⇒ 3 + 13 = 16 » for « 1d8+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 » damage
Feliks: FALL BACK
GM: at Feliks
* Orban casts a spell to cure « 2d8+6 ⇒ 8 + 6 = 14 » points of damage
GM: at Fiske
GM: and I think the bad guys just earned their CR rating. Done
Flint: Darus is up
* Darus swings a battleaxe for « 1d20 +14 ⇒ 19 + 14 = 33 » for « 1d8+7 ⇒ 4 + 7 = 11 » damage
GM: Darus solves the Orban problem for you. You can thank him later
GM: done
Flint: Soldiers.
* Amareth Soldier 15 prepares to finish off Vin
Vin: *as the sword goes down to kill Vin, he looks at his cousin, his closest family and friend* "I'm sorry"
* Amareth Soldier 15 ends the life of the bard
* Amareth Soldier 18 swings a longsword « 1d20+5 ⇒ 9 + 5 = 14 » for « 1d8+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » damage
GM: at Llyssa
Llyssa: **Ever so slightly pissed now**
* Gunvar kicks open the cell door.
GM: done
Flint: Vin's up .... his next of kin anyhow
Llyssa: ((does the corpse impeed movement and actions?))
Llyssa: ((if she were to enter that space))
GM: ((she can't charge. Other than that, nope))
Feliks: * in sclavini * if we get out of this, I'm becoming a farmer
Llyssa: Attack on 18: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 7 + 6 = 13 » Damage: « 2d4+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Flint: Jerath is up, then Ashling
Kazi: * in Sclavini * and we'll get to work on those seven sons straight away
* Jerath does some bleeding
Llyssa: (( AP « 1d6 ⇒ 3 »))
Jerath: « 1d10 ⇒ 1 »
* Jerath and miraculously stablizes
Jerath: done
Kazi: (( hurray! ))
Flint: Ash is up
Ashling: on Kendall
Ashling: Magic Missile: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 1 + 1 = 2 »
Ashling: (tink)
Ashling: (done)
Flint: Feliks is up
Feliks: Hold for now
Flint: Kazi's up
Feliks: (( I need to supervise the retreat ))
* Kazi will call down the wrath of the gods, just short of Feliks, but to catch Kendall
Kazi: Reflex for half
Kazi: « 9d6 ⇒ 32 »
Feliks: * in ignan * BRING THE FIRE, OH FIRE OF MY HEART!
GM: Kendall is so dead
GM: Even half puts him at doornail
Feliks: my turn?
Flint: (yep)
Feliks: Shadow Blade Technique: « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 7 + 8 + 1 = 16 » or « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 6 + 8 + 1 = 15 » Damage if High: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 » or plus « 1d6+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 » cold damage if low.
Feliks: low, with AP
* Eric rolls: 1d6 AP => 4
GM: either kills him
Feliks: i spend it anyway
Feliks: done
Flint: (i'm up next, but are we out of init?)
GM: The Sclavini footmen, led by Nikolai, are rounding up the prisoners
GM: not entirely
GM: Llyssa still has to avenge her cousin
* Flint stays put and drinks a potion. « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Kazi: can Kazi run back out and help Jerath?
GM: sure
Ashling: ooh, I was gonna too
GM: The poor kid is at -8
Kazi: pours potion down throat
GM: Llyssa, kill
Kazi: Cure Light Wounds « 1d8+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Ashling: wand also « 1d8+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Llyssa: KILL: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 16 + 6 = 22 » DEATH: « 2d4+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
GM: and the battle is over.
GM: You have close to 30 Amareth prisoners.
Llyssa: *goes to 'help' Vin*
GM: You've lost 1 bard, two footmen, and 3 crossbowmen
GM: You've gained 5 dwarves
Llyssa: ((and at the end of the day that isn't all that much))
Ashling: one for me CLW « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Llyssa: ((we still made out with a profit, lol))
Ashling: (yay, I have 7 hp)
* Kazi surveys the scene
Kazi: Did we win?
Ashling: one for Feliks « 1d8+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
* Flint collapses in a heap, the mental strain from his manifestations almost too much to handle.
Nikolai: They've stopped fighting.
* Kazi hugs Jerath
Kazi: Are you ok, my dear?
Jerath: huh? What was that?
Jerath: ow.
* Kazi stops squeezing so tightly
Kazi: Oops, sorry
* Rothan walks up to Kazi, hands spread wide to indicate he is unarmed.
* Kazi turns to the collapsed Flint
Kazi: You ok???
Flint: .....urg......I'll be ok
* Kazi turns to Rothan
Kazi: Um, yes?
* Feliks hugs Ash.
Llyssa: ((screams can be heard from the south east portion of the fort calling for anyone able to help))
Rothan: The men that follow me are not surrendering. If you allow though, we will leave here in peace.
Llyssa: ((pretty frantic ones))
* Rothan flinches
* Rothan runs towards the prison
* Flint scrambles to his feet and makes his way to Llyssa
Ashling: oh dear!!!
Flint: oh no...
Flint: Ashling, can you do anything?
* Feliks starts, snaps back to himself
* Rothan pulls a healing potion from his pouch, and tries to pour it down Vin's throat
Ashling: (can I? or is DEAD)
GM: Is dead
* Ashling shakes head sadly.
Llyssa: *Llyssa is in tears, frantic trying to help her now dead (or dying) cousin*
Ashling: I am sorry.
* Flint sniffles
Flint: oh, he didn't deserve this..
* Kazi gives Jerath a hand up, looks over her shoulder at Feliks
Kazi: Should we look into this?
* Feliks hugs her.
* Jerath looks at Kendall's body, then turns away.
Jerath: Are any of ours dead?
Ashling: Vin is dead.
* Kazi hugs Feliks back, surprised at his unexpected affection
Darus: How dead? Because the cleric here is still alive. On the battered side, but alive.
* Darus indicates Orban
Ashling: Dead.
Darus: damn.
Llyssa: *Llyssa is more than torn up, cradleing her fallen cousin. She couldn't talk much less make sense.*
Flint: (how is Darus looking out of curiosity)
* Darus looks like he took some injury, but not much.
* Nikolai looks at Darus curiously
Llyssa: ((15 swords sticking out of him and he looks like he just won a backyard brawl with trophie in hand ))
* Flint helps the dwarves out of their cell.
* Rothan tries to comfort Llyssa
Flint: come on out, cousins.
Feliks: Nikolai. See that all the Amarethi still living are shackled. Save Llyssa and Jerath.
Flint: (cousin being more of a friendly term than anything)
Nikolai: well, that might be a problem
Kazi: How's that?
Llyssa: **Llyssa doesn't notice the comforting hand but merely continues to mourn*
Nikolai: See, the ones in the building said they aren't surrendering, they just aren't fighting.
Feliks: Jerath, I should have done this before. You owe me nothing anymore, and are free to do as you will.
* Jerath bows to Feliks.
Feliks: Those that don't surrender will be buried with the fort
Feliks: Guard the bridge and the gate at the rear
Darus: They didn't fight you.
Feliks: They are occupiers, and are free to be ransomed
Feliks: but they are NOT FREE to leave free.
Gunvar: well now, ain't this a merry party
* Gunvar looks like hell, but cheerful
Kazi: Hello Gunvar!
Gunvar: I'm sorry about your friend dear. He died well.
* Kazi nods solemnly
Gunvar: Who be in command now?
Llyssa: *She snaps and snatches up Gunvar* "He died for you! He died for...!" *and she collapses at his feet crying*
Kazi: That would be us, Gunvar
* Kazi smiles cheerily
* Dagny stays with Llyssa, trying to comfort her
* Flint leaves the prison, unable to watch.
Kazi: (( I am assuming we are all co-located ))
Rothan: And, if I may ask, who are you?
Kazi: I would be the Lady Gostislav, who might you be?
Feliks: (( damnit, i got stuck under a soldier i didn't see ))
Rothan: I am Rothan. It appears I am now the leader of the remaining Amareth forces
Feliks: (( TY! ))
Flint: (Nikolai should probably be the one to take over the fort, militarily speaking)
Nikolai: There are some other prisoners, Lady Gostislav. Two humans and a gnome.
Ashling: (to Rothan) Perhaps you could persuade the ones inside to surrender?
Kazi: I don't believe we are quite amenable to you just walking right out of here just yet
Rothan: We are not at war with you.
Kazi: Really now?
Rothan: When you came to this fort, these are the men who did not raise arms against you.
Kazi: * in Sclavini * Nikolai, could you please see to the prisoners?
Darus: bloody elves
Nikolai: yes, Lady Gostislav
Kazi: Yes, that is true, but I wonder, sir, how it is to be taken when a group of Amarethi are occupying a fortress in a sovereign nation who happens to be at war with your country?
Kazi: Taking up arms or no?
Flint: (we almost done)
Flint: (?)
GM has disconnected.
Evil GM has connected.
Ashling: (( oh now, she came back EVIL ))
Kazi: lol
Evil GM: alrighty, it's late. Shall we finish up next session?
Llyssa: *With a very determined look, she holds back her tears to march to the middle building and venture inside. Pushing anyone out of the way who is stupid enough to get in her way. She comes back out carrying a wine bottle and what appears to be a jouranal along with a cloak. She returns to the prison where Vin still lies*
Kazi: sure
Llyssa: ((got it out, haha))
Evil GM: I'll post treasure and a list of prisoners.
Evil GM: and blurbs about the dwarves you rescued
Flint: (sounds good)
Flint: (hey, probably good XP too! wewt)
Kazi: w0000000t
Evil GM: yes, yes indeed.
Evil GM: In fact, it's probably save to say you guys should think about levelling
Flint: (i'm just barely 5th, but if you say so...)
Kazi: ooooh
Kazi: I get a new shiny d6 of Eldritch blast, if so
Evil GM: ((well, there will also be a story-arc award when you guys figure out what the hell to do about the artifact. Suffice it to say, you should be 6th before getting off this blasted mountain ))
* Feliks takes a level of Expert: Farmer.
Ashling: (( oh crap, the artifact ))
Evil GM: See your IMs for some bonuses
Flint: (thanks, night all -- will leave this running)
Kazi: thanks!!!!
Feliks: If the Gnome is the one who blew the dam, he's in shackles, too, btw
Llyssa: there will be a post somewhere in the forum as to what can be seen whenever you see llyssa
Feliks: flame on, i'm gone.
Eric has disconnected.
Ashling: I must consider bed time also
Tanya has disconnected.
Llyssa: well cya the rest of you before you all leave me
Flint: is Llyssa your next PC?
Evil GM has disconnected.
Llyssa: for a lil while
Llyssa: till you all meet my next one
Llyssa: she's not entirely on par with your levels so she is still NPCish
Flint: ok, booting whoever is left in 5...
Flint: 4...
Flint: 3...
Flint: 2...
Joseph has disconnected.
Flint: 1...
Flint: one half....
Flint: one quarter....
Flint: one eighth...
You have disconnected.