Feliks has connected.
Scathach has connected.
Paul has connected.
Flint has connected.
Feliks: ok, it's 10. game face on
Flint: no Vin?
Scathach: No word from his player
Feliks: no vino
Slowthinker has connected.
Scathach: Matt1 will be upstairs soon
Feliks: I volunteered to play the part of a bard this session, but was turned down
Kazi: Matt2 is updating Java
Scathach: Whenever Feliks starts singing, weird things appear
Slowthinker: Part of a bard? You mean, like Voltron or something?
Feliks: it's not singing, it's freestyle rapping.
Kazi: good morning, Flint and Slowthinker
Flint: hi
Slowthinker: Morning
Scathach: Even weirder things appear when he raps
Slowthinker: (or afternoon, depeding on one's timezone)
* Kazi is going to kick Feliks if he continues with this nonsense
Feliks: i thought some of them were pretty decent
Kazi: Oh, well, that is true
Feliks: for freestyle
Quickblades has connected.
Kazi: Greetings, Quickblades
Quickblades: Hello.
Feliks: now we just need the healer and the trapspringer
Flint: is that the same person?
Scathach: Matt1 is grumpy this morning
Quickblades: ((why did we switch to version b24?))
Paul has connected.
Kazi: we've always been running b24
Scathach: Because we like Paul
Slowthinker: I had that version last week, I think..
Quickblades: Ok.
Kazi: it's now on b26
Kazi: apparently
Kazi: if you dl from the site
* Flint fires his musket!
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+4 ⇒ 18 + 4 = 22 »
Flint: test
Quickblades: I noticed. I updated it today, thinking we were suposed to.
Quickblades: Any major changes from 24 to 26?
Kazi: dunno
Quickblades: k
Quickblades: Are we in the cavern?
Kazi: hadn't known they had changed versions
Scathach: yes
Quickblades: I can't see anything...
Quickblades: n/m
Kazi: you can always double click on yourself in the map explorer
Kazi: Feliks discovered
Kazi: there are two QBs! Eeeeeek!
Quickblades: I'll be in and out for a short while here. I slacked on house-cleaning this past week and I have to catch up.
Scathach: afk one minute
Slowthinker: He's just THAT quick...
Lalinlor Loth has connected.
Flint: testing......
* Flint fires his musket!
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+4 ⇒ 8 + 4 = 12 »
Damage: «
 1d10 ⇒ 9 »
Feliks: Not in here! It's magnetically sealed!
* Quickblades rolls: 1d20+1 Forgery => 1 + 1 = 2
Kazi: oops
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 16 + 4 + 1 = 21 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 4 + -1 = 7 »
Quickblades: ((afk))
Lalinlor Loth: (GM AFK- went to make cranky guy some tea
Feliks: X is drinking tea now?
Lalinlor Loth: X is asleep so is me
Lalinlor Loth: and she hid my charater sheet somewhere on the network
Flint: is there a quick & dirty Macro guide anywhere?
Kazi: not fair, not fair
Kazi: how do you mean?
Kazi: you just have to right click and edit them
Flint: but what are the limits of the stuff you can put in them
Kazi: they are... um... registry keys
Kazi: for the PeeCee
Kazi: I think you can put anything in them you could otherwise alias
Kazi: or type
Quickblades: Look, My very first Macro!!
Feliks: I put my attacks and emotes in them
Feliks: and loaded my skills via an alias file that my macro panel interaacts with
Feliks: If J gives you temp. ownership of Feliks, you can see what I put in there
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20 +4 Concentration => 12 + 4 = 16
Kazi: Paul is a man of mystery
Feliks: paul, go back to the grass map and save the shadowy figure there as a token file
Kazi: he did
Feliks: oh.
Feliks: there it is
Kazi: how come there are two Lalinlor's?
Lalinlor Loth: I see zero
Lalinlor Loth: im twice as goo d
Feliks: double click the top Lalinlor in Map Explorer
Kazi: you don't need to bring a new token on, the campaign saves your tokens if you were on the map
Feliks: yay!
Feliks: So, Paul Wennet, we need your trap senses in front, here
Flint: let the gnome find traps!
Paul: halfling
Flint: I have a "Proprietary" method for doing so
Scathach: Don't blow up my caves
Flint: no, I'm a gnome, you see
Feliks: btw, I turned on token views, so we'll see how that works out. You should only see on the map what your token could see
Paul: Does your proprietary method involve stampeding cattle?
Flint: no, but it does involve strategically placed explosives
Paul: Typical.
Feliks: let's line up in order?
Feliks: i can go second to help with the searching
Kazi: because you have such a great search roll?
Lalinlor Loth: I can go 2nd to last so im safe
Slowthinker: I'll guard the back...
* Flint will go wherever
Feliks: anyone else coming in?
Feliks: do we need to worry about Aben or Kae?
Lalinlor Loth: i'll be about 30-45 ft back
* Kazi will follow Feliks, with a sigh
Feliks: You guys should wait outside. There are GIANT SNAKES in her
Feliks: ehere
Feliks: here
Scathach: Kae will act as Aben's bodyguard and ensure he stays well away from actual fighting.
Flint: bold?
Flint: nope
Kazi: pick a color!!!
Feliks: Kae, you're a wagon driver, not a bodyguard, unless you've been keeping secrets
Kazi: w00t
* Kazi looks thoughtful
Kae: Boy, I was fighting goblins before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.
* Kazi frowns
Feliks: well, if we run into goblens down here, I'll hide behind you.
Feliks: shall we, then?
* Flint locks and loads.
Scathach: move out. I'll unlock the map as you go
Feliks: let's destroy us some unspeakable evils!
Slowthinker: But speak not of them...
Kazi: (( perhaps with some trapfinding??? ))
Kazi: Why not speak of them?
Feliks: ((whenever you're ready, Paul))
* Kazi looks puzzled
Slowthinker: They must be unspeakable for a reason...
Scathach: ((he is still having minor token trouble))
Lalinlor Loth: *contemplates feeding the dumb to the hungry as a method of population control and social service*
Kazi: Whilst all the goings on are going on, Kazi ties a knot in her handkerchief surreptitioushly
Feliks: careful, it's trapped
* Kazi shrugs
* Feliks points to trap for Paul
Paul: k, so how does the rolling work here?
Scathach: The mechanism of this simple arrow trap corroded centuries ago
Flint: put it in square prackets like this « 1d20 ⇒ 4 »
Kazi: I would imagine giving such things power by calling them 'unspeakable' is what lands people in such trouble in the first place
Paul: Search « 1d20+9 ⇒ 9 + 9 = 18 »
Feliks: so, "« 1d20=4 ⇒ 8 »"
Paul: Paul Searches for traps.
Slowthinker:  1d20 ⇒ Invalid expression: 1d20 »
Feliks: whatever
Slowthinker: ergh
Lalinlor Loth: I have never smelt. seen or heard anything that is unspeakable
Slowthinker: The night is young.
* Kazi rolls her eyes
Lalinlor Loth: although the orc/owlbear mating is close
Quickblades: So, are there any traps?
Feliks: there was one, but I can't tell if it's still active
Quickblades: why don't we try to set it off from a distance...
Kazi: (( how far down? ))
Flint: (( because it corroded centuries ago? ))
Quickblades: ((or we can tape it off.))
Paul: There's just a corroded trap. Doesn't look active. But I'll pick at it, see if I can make sure.
Quickblades: ((anybody got that yellow cation tape?))
Scathach: There are several rocks in this room, bones, and one very large dead snake
Paul: Disable Device.
Feliks: oh heck. I'll just move on, and see if i set it off
Flint: Just go!
Scathach: Feliks, as you move in, you hear a load CLICK.
Scathach: And nothing happens
Paul: oh, bother.
Paul: I'll scurry around Feliks
Paul: continue searching for traps
Paul: Just tell me when I need another roll.
Scathach: There is a door here, that looks as though it may have been secret but is now falling apart
Scathach: It looks like it could be shoved aside
Paul: search the door for traps
Feliks: check it
Scathach: Aben is exploring the faded mosaics on the entry room
Kazi: (( sorry, still a bit spazticated with the movement ))
Quickblades: You guys seem a bit paranoid.
Paul: Better paranoid than dead.
Kazi: Very true, Paul, very true
Quickblades: I suppose.
Scathach: There does appear to be a trap. It looks like if you shove the door wrong, a large rock will fall
Flint: (( I think it might be better to let us see everything for now (no token-sight)
* Kazi shoots a strange look at Quickblades
Quickblades: But how bad could any one trap be?
Slowthinker: But better dead than paranoid and dead.
Quickblades: ((I like the tokensite))
Feliks: if we don't want token sight, I'll have to restart the server
Kazi: Kill you dead bad, Quickblades, haven't you read the tales?
Paul: See.. paranoia has a reason.
Flint: (( nevermind then ))
Paul: You shove this door wrong, a large stone fallson your head.
Paul: Maybe you like being turned into meal, but I don't.
Quickblades: This is going to be a long day.
Paul: Attempting to disable the mechanism, if possible.
Scathach: ((Everyone give themselves candles for light and that should solve the problem for now))
Scathach: Paul manages to disable the mechanism with style and flair
Quickblades: I think we handed out torches.
Feliks: open de door!
Paul: Okay. Now it's safe to open. Would one of you impatient fellows care to give it a shove?
Feliks: i will
Paul: Paul momentarily steps aside
Paul: Then follows, resuming his searching duties.
Scathach: This chamber appears to have once been a magnificent garden. There is a circular hole in the ceiling that lets in the light. The plants are fairly overgrown, and play host to a variety of birds. Oddly, the plant in the center of the garden near the fountain seems to still resemble a bear. A moving bear
Slowthinker: ((a charging bear? ))
Lalinlor Loth: a naked bear?
Flint: (( where's that druid when you need him ))
Paul: Yeah, you can even see its bush.
Scathach: Init - Kazi, Feliks, Paul, Quickblades, Lalinlor, Flint, Slowthinker, Bear Bush.
Kazi: (( who am I standing atop? ))
Kazi: (( no one now, right? ))
Feliks: Is it aggressive, then?
Scathach: It sure looks like it wants to gnaw on you
* Quickblades carefully moves into a flanking position, without getting too close
Flint: I wouldn't really call this "unspeakable" .... maybe mildly weird.
Lalinlor Loth: eat the gnome ; its bit sized and tasty
Slowthinker: ((I'm waiting to see what the syntax is for rolling initiative, since I don't want to admit I forgot))
Scathach: Initiative is rolled
Kazi: (( GM rolled ))
Feliks: J handled it.
Paul: It's already been rolled by the DM.
Flint: (( init was rolled for you automagically! ))
Scathach: Kazi is up
Quickblades: ((GM handles initiative))
Paul: The EVIL DM.
Feliks: KAZI!
Slowthinker: ((ohhh, right... see, I forgot!)
* Kazi sighs
Kazi: What is this?!!?!?
Feliks: is that her action?
Topiary Guardian: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR
Feliks: Aggressive Shrubbery!
Flint: ack!
Kazi: Well, blimey
Flint: don't let it eat me! I taste bad, honest!
Quickblades: ((does it seem *rooted* in place))
Kazi: move, gets out whip, done
Feliks: ((ow))
Lalinlor Loth: GM has child aggro ; he needs tea ; cause caffinated babies are fun
Feliks: is the green rough terrain? or normal?
* Topiary Guardian is free to move about the country
Kazi: where did Flint go?
Scathach: The green is overgrown area
Kazi: I cannae see him anymore
Lalinlor Loth: he is under me
Scathach: Feliks is up, Paul after Feliks
Flint: ow, stop trampling me!
Feliks: terrain question above
Feliks: is the green passable?
Scathach: yes
Scathach: At half speed
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 17 + 6 + 0 = 23 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 + 0 = 7 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Scathach: You hit it, and piss it off
Feliks: My blade bursts into flames as I strike!
Feliks: done
* Kazi mutters, show off!
Topiary Guardian: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Scathach: Paul is up, Quickblades is after Paul
Paul: Paul draws his rapier as he moves, and then double moves along the outside wall.
Quickblades: ((if you hit the space bar it "locks" the square your character is in as a "through-point"))
Scathach: Quickblades is up, Lalinlor is after Quickblades
Scathach: Lalinlor is holding action, Flint is up, Slowthinker is after Flint
* Quickblades draws his weapons as he moves, then strikes quickly.
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 17 + 6 + -1 = 22 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 8 + 4 + 1 = 13 »
Scathach: hit. pain
Quickblades: ((done))
* Flint steps into the room, letting a shot ring out at the shrubbery
* Topiary Guardian rears up and snaps at the weapons hitting it, roaring
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
* Flint curses
Flint: (done)
Scathach: Slowthinker is up, bear follows him
* Slowthinker advances, hearing but not seeing the fighting taking place...
Scathach: ((20 foot ceiling in this room))
* Slowthinker mutters something and advances further through the brush, taking a mighty swing!
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 4 + 6 - 1 = 9 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 11 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 19 »
* Slowthinker , however, misses horribly
Slowthinker: (done)
Slowthinker: (at least I assume an 11 misses)
* Topiary Guardian snarls viciously and snaps at the goliath in front of him. « 1d20+5 ⇒ 13 + 5 = 18 » for « 2d6+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
Topiary Guardian: ((that would be at Slowthinker))
Feliks: medic?
* Slowthinker goes down
Quickblades: ((don't forget that you are flanking ST))
Scathach: Back to Kazi, followed by Feliks
Slowthinker: ((that's why I hit an 11 instead of 9 ))
Flint: ut oh!
Feliks: MEDIC!
Kazi: Slowthinker is down!!!!!!!!
Topiary Guardian: ROOOOOOOOOARS and continues snapping viciously
* Slowthinker perhaps should have thought a little more slowly
Kazi: whip attack
Kazi: MW Mighty Whip-dagger: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 16 + 3 = 19 » Damage: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Scathach: Kazi's whip takes a chunk out of the foliage, but the creature is still up
Scathach: Feliks, to be followed by Paul
Feliks: is lal jumping in?
Scathach: ((Lal is taking an action))
Feliks: cool
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Light Wounds
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Light Wounds on slowthinker « 1d8+5 ⇒ 3 + 5 = 8 »
Slowthinker: ((caster level 5? Yikes!))
* Slowthinker is no longer bleeding out quite as badly
Kazi: (( healer ))
Feliks: ((healer coolness))
Flint: ( no, he's a Healer from Mini Handbook )
Scathach: Feliks, your action
Feliks: blade meditation, refreshing my burning blade attack
Feliks: done
Scathach: Paul, then Quickblades
Paul: (I can't charge over the foliage, correct?
Paul: )
Scathach: ((correct))
Paul: Can I even see over the foliage?
Feliks: ((not unless you have a few levels of scout))
Scathach: ((a little))
Paul: Seeing the goliath fall is a bit too much for Paul. He decides to play it safe, continuing to scope out the room, his rapier drawn.
Paul: Double move
* Quickblades continues his onslaught
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 »
Feliks: AP?
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 16 + 4 + 1 = 21 » Damage: « 1d6+4+MOD ⇒ 6 + 4 + 1 = 11 »
Scathach: Wakizashi attack finishes the beast
Feliks: yay!
Flint: (( you should only get half your STR bonus to off hand daamage ))
Quickblades: ((really?))
Scathach: ((still sufficent to kill it))
Flint: (( yep ))
Kazi: (( yep ))
Quickblades: ((that would reduce it to 9))
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Minor wounds
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Minor wounds slowthinker « 1+5 ⇒ 1 + 5 = 6 »
* Slowthinker appears to be made whole again
Paul: : the creature falls, Paul slowly moves in:: Wow... You guys are great!
* Flint reloads his gun.
* Slowthinker stands again...
Lalinlor Loth: sometimes you get the bear...
Slowthinker: Thanks... that thing is pretty strong.
* Kazi scans the room warily
Scathach: There are several holes in the ceiling here as well, and now that the action is done, you notice there are some birds living in this room. There is some flickering light in the room.
Flint: how can this be? are these holes at the top of the cliff?
Feliks: maybe in the cliff
Paul: I'd like to search the room thoroughly.
Scathach: This is in part a natural cave, and there are tiny tunnels
* Paul begins looking around
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Knowledge (Nature) => 2 + 3 = 5
Scathach: where water has slowly worn away the stone
Scathach: and some of the animals have no doubt helpped
Scathach: and speaking of tiny tunnels, Paul finds a small, rotted sack in one small cache.
Kazi: Oi, Feliks
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Craft(Herbalism) => 3 + 3 = 6
Slowthinker: I wonder how long that construct had been here...
Paul: Here, look! We may have found something for our trouble!
Feliks: Oi, what?
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Knowledge (Nature) => 15 + 3 = 18
Lalinlor Loth: for info and parts; will gather stuff
Scathach: The bag contains a gemstone and some ancient looking gold coins. They are minted with the face of a woman, and are pleasantly heavy.
* Paul assesses the situation, and if he feels it safe, he will attempt to gently remove the sack from its nest.
* Flint scans the room for exits.
Kazi: May I take a quick look, Paul?
* Paul holds the gem up to the light, and looks at it.
Scathach: You don't see any exits, but the walls are also overgrown
Feliks: Do evil wizaqrds have nice gardens?
Paul: In just a minute, Kazi.
Scathach: It was probably once a very nice garden
Paul: Paul appraises the gem.
Quickblades: Perhaps that tree-bear was the great evil.
Kazi: I really rather doubt it
Quickblades: So do I.
Flint: he didn't seem that evil really ... just hungry.
Slowthinker: Despite my... experience with it, it didn't seem that great...
Slowthinker: Nor really that evil, when you come down to it.
Quickblades: Let us move it, perhaps it was guarding a trapdoor.
Paul: It's a jasper iolite Kazi.
Paul: Here it is, and here are the gold coins.
* Flint will help scan the north wall for an overgrown exit.
* Quickblades takes hold of the dead tree and starts to pull it.
Kazi: You keep hold of it, friend
Paul: okay.
Scathach: it comes apart as though it were rotting
Quickblades: Hmm.
Feliks: Let's see if we can find your bullet!
Feliks: it must have hit over here somewhere!
* Quickblades goes back to the enterance and returns with a shovel.
Flint: Nah, I won't fire them twice anyway. They get warped.
Feliks: It'd still be cool
Slowthinker: ((didn't know they went that fast...))
Feliks: maybe make a necklace out of it?
* Slowthinker helps his brother
Scathach: Flint and Feliks, you found a door
Flint: Hey! Look!
Scathach: Two doors, in fact
Feliks: Flint blew a hole in the wall when he missed that giant bear thing!
Flint: Intentionally of course.
Feliks: Well, of course. You couldn't miss that thing from so close otherwise.
Kazi: Naturally
Slowthinker: Erm... yes...
Feliks: How you doing, Slow?
Paul: That is quite the lovely weapon you have there, Flint.
Feliks: Lal patch you up all right?
Slowthinker: A bit embarassed... but I think I'm all right now.
Flint: oh, why thank you! and good to have another of ... superior stature, with us
* Kazi snorts
* Flint speaks with Paul eye-to-eye, for once!
Paul: Indeed. Now, shall we continue this way, or try the door over there?
* Slowthinker glances at Kazi
Quickblades: Well, any traps here at this door?
Slowthinker: Any insight?
Paul: Let me check
* Paul inspects the door
Scathach: Does not appear to be any traps
Kazi: A moment, if you will
Feliks: Watch it, bug guy
Paul: I didn't see any traps.
Feliks: ok
Feliks: carry on
Paul: Very well.
Flint: um, Quick, we haven't opened that yet?
Flint: there he goes
* Quickblades takes one step at a time
Scathach: It can be pushed aside without much trouble.
* Flint bows deeply to Kazi
Flint: after you, ma'am
Paul: Quick, may I lead?
Quickblades: So long as you don't have an inspection party every 10 feet...
Feliks: how about at doors and intersections?
Scathach: listen checks?
Paul: Agreed. That would be prudent.
* Quickblades straps the shovel to his back, then draws his weapons again.
* Feliks rolls: 1d20-1 Listen => 5 - 1 = 4
* Quickblades rolls: 1d20+0 Listen => 7 + 0 = 7
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+2 Listen => 9 + 2 = 11
Kazi: I've no feelings this or that since we've come in here, but I feel a bit concerned
* Kazi rolls: 1d20 Listen => 20
Paul: Listen « 1d20+7 ⇒ 8 + 7 = 15 »
Kazi: (( BOOYAH! ))
Scathach: Flint, Lalinlor, Kazi, and Paul, you hear what sounds like snarling.
Paul: which direction?
Flint: (( direction? ))
Scathach: The direction the party is headed
Flint: trouble that way, I can hear it!
Feliks: WHAT?
Kazi: (( who am I standing on now? ))
Paul: Danger straight ahead, in the form of snarling.
Paul: Shall we investigate?
Feliks: ok
Kazi: (( It's Feliks, isn't it? ))
Kazi: (( this token sight is really annoying ))
Scathach: Iron cages containing various skeletons line the walls of this room. The skeleton in the center of the room, with an iron collar still chained to it’s neck, is massive. One enchanted lamp still gutters on one wall, giving the appearance that the skeletons are moving.
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Religion) => 6 + 6 = 12
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Arcana) => 10 + 6 = 16
* Quickblades whispers back, :Undead in a torture cave
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Light on rock
Scathach: give me one sec
Lalinlor Loth: throw rock into room
Scathach: WOOOOOOOOF
Scathach: Init - Paul, Kazi, Runehound, Quickblades, Feliks, Flint, Lalinlor, Slowthinker
Quickblades: ((where are the rest of the skeletons?))
Scathach: (rest of skeletons are the dead kind of skeletons, not the undead kind))
Quickblades: ok
Kazi: (( are the flowers in the middle an undead sort of skeleton? ))
Feliks: ((is a runehound a creature or a construct? Can I tell?))
* Paul steps into the room, draws his rapier, and looks around
Scathach: ((you'd guess abberration
* Paul is waiting for backup, after seeing what happened to Slowthinker.
Scathach: ((the flowers are a rock with light on them.))
Quickblades: ((the flowers in the middle of the room are the source of light))
Kazi: (( ok ))
Kazi: is it me?
Paul: yes
Scathach: The creature before you looks like a large, hairless wolf. It's pale, slimy skin is covered with bizarre, abstract tattoos. As it moves forward, you see it has no head, instead a long serpentine neck extends from the middle o fit's back, terminating in a grotesquely oversized maw filed with multiple rows of teeth. Though it has no eyes, the mouth uneeringly whips around to face you, drolling acidic bile.
Kazi: Careful of the abomination... it spits
Scathach: Kazi, then Quickblades
* Kazi moves into the room carefully
Kazi: done
* Quickblades moves cautiously.
Scathach: Quickblades then Runehound, which I accidently skipped
Scathach: Then Feliks
Quickblades: we can do it the otherway
Quickblades: I'd rather go after the runehound...
Scathach: Okay.
Kazi: oops
Kazi: I meant to move further
Kazi: ah well
Runehound: Makes a strange clicking noise, then spits at Paul.
Scathach: ((reflex save))
Paul: Reflex Save « 1d20+7 ⇒ 12 + 7 = 19 »
Quickblades: ((wow, quite the range...))
Scathach: The web fails to entangle Paul, but there is splatter on Paul and Feliks
Scathach: Quickblades, then Feliks
* Quickblades closes with the beast, and takes a solid swing at it.
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 1 + 6 + -1 = 6 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 »
Quickblades: and misses
Scathach: roll a d4
Quickblades: « 1d4 ⇒ 4 »
Scathach: You do not critically fumble
Feliks: Wind Stride: +10ft bonus to move speed
Scathach: Feliks, then Flint
Feliks: Rapier: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 17 + 6 + 0 = 23 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 5 + 1 + 0 = 6 »
Scathach: Hit, and some pain
Feliks: i leave a trail of heated air from my burst of speed!
Feliks: done
* Flint steps into room...
Scathach: Flint, then Lalinlor
* Flint takes careful aim so not to hit his alllies... (-4 to hit)
* Flint fires his musket!
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+4 ⇒ 13 + 4 = 17 »
Damage: «
 1d10 ⇒ 3 »
Flint: so, 13
Scathach: miss
* Flint is done
Scathach: Lalinlor then Slowthinker
Lalinlor Loth: done
Scathach: Slowthinker then Paul
* Slowthinker once again moves almost supernaturally quickly, and attacks!
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 5 + 6 - 1 = 10 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 11 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 19 »
* Slowthinker again misses, however.
Scathach: Paul then Kazi
Feliks: but I have nice big targets by me!
Slowthinker: ((with fewer hit points ))
Paul: Paul chooses to change tacts, and takes out his shortbow, firing at the runehound, aiming carefully.
Feliks: well, yeah
Paul: Attack « 1d20+1 ⇒ 16 + 1 = 17 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 4 »
Paul: (adjustment already made)
Scathach: hit
Scathach: Kazi, Runehound, then Quickblades
* Kazi mutters, everyone in direct line of fire
Feliks: ((like you have some awesome ranged weapon, anyway...))
Kazi: (( you have no idea ))
Kazi: hooray, lt xbow
Kazi: Light Crossbow: « 1d20+3+MOD ⇒ 10 + 3 + -4 = 9 » Damage: « 1d8+MOD ⇒ 2 + 0 = 2 »
Kazi: plinkity, nope
Kazi: done
Feliks: ((that was awesome.))
Kazi: (( it WERE ))
Kazi: (( lucky I didn't shoot you in the ass ))
* Runehound makes a strange, high pitched noise, and then orients itself towards Flint and spits
Flint: e-gad!!!
Runehound: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 18 + 5 = 23 »
Runehound: Reflec save?
Flint: Ref Save: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 20 + 2 = 22 »
Flint: (um, booyah?)
Scathach: A gob of bile misses Flint and splatters against the wall
Scathach: Quickblades then Feliks
* Quickblades taks a short step and makes a full attack
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 15 + 4 + -1 = 18 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 9 + 4 + 1 = 14 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 10 + 4 + -1 = 13 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 »
Quickblades: ((done))
Scathach: Hit, and some serious pain. You cut a huge gash in it's side with the first blow
Scathach: Feliks then Flint
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 7 + 4 + 2 = 13 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 4 + 1 + 6 = 11 »
Paul: (brb, AFK shortly)
Scathach: Miss
Feliks: ap
* Feliks rolls: 1d6 AP => 6
Scathach: hit
Feliks: the 6 in damage is sneak attack
Feliks: if it's vulnerable to that
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+1+MOD ⇒ 14 + 1 + 2 = 17 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 2 + 3 = 5 »
Scathach: ((nope, and it's apparently not vulnerable to flanking either
Scathach: Which makes your second attack a miss
Feliks: do we not get a +2 to hit?
Scathach: nope. It's immune to flanking
Scathach: Flint then Lalinlor
Feliks: ok, so 17 to hit on the first try, and done
* Flint steps forward, drawing his pistol. He takes a careful shot at the critter
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 12 + 5 = 17 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Flint: (really a 13)
Scathach: miss
Flint: i will ap
Scathach: roll it
Flint: AP! « 1d6 ⇒ 5 »
Scathach: hit
Scathach: it goes down
Feliks: yeah!
* Flint blows smoke from the end of his pistol, in an action-pose
Feliks: You finally hit one!
Flint: what do you mean, FINALLY!?
* Kazi laughs merrily
Feliks: well, ok, you hit the guy in the back
Feliks: that was a good shot, too
* Slowthinker glances over his shoulder at the source of the bullet that just missed his leg by an inch and a half...
Slowthinker: Yeah... good shot.
Feliks: I try to clean spit off me
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Arcana) => 20 + 6 = 26
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Knowledge (Nature) => 1 + 3 = 4
* Flint reloads his weapons
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Religion) => 9 + 6 = 15
Lalinlor Loth: INfo on it
Feliks: blech
* Slowthinker glances at Quickblades
Slowthinker: I don't think this is my day...
Scathach: Feliks, you don't find anything interesting
Quickblades: True brother, your day was yesterday
Slowthinker: Perhaps we can share tomorrow?
* Kazi wanders over to Flint
Quickblades: Sure
* Kazi says something quietly to him
* Flint checks the cages. Maybe there's something besides bones in them?
Lalinlor Loth: Look another area
Scathach: The floor is damp in here from years of groundwater seepage from the ceiling above. Cracks and stalagmites are visible. Chunks of long-rotting wood are visible, some still barely recognizable as bunks. A single foot-locker is still mostly intact, though rusty and rotten.
Feliks: the uh, the healer ran off down a corridor up here
* Slowthinker inspects the runehound more closely before rejoining the group
Quickblades: I would like to continue down this corridor...
Quickblades: before heading into another room...
Quickblades: leave the light there.
Lalinlor Loth: I follow the light
Feliks: um, guys?
Scathach: You can see critters moving towards the light. Vaguely human shaped
Paul: ((back))
Scathach: Quickblades, reflex save
Quickblades: AP?
Kazi: who, what now, Feliks? I was talking to Flint
Scathach: The party hears a grinding and then a thud sound « 1d10 ⇒ 8 »
Scathach: Okay
Quickblades: guess not.
Quickblades: « 1d6 ⇒ 6 »
Quickblades: that makes 15
Scathach: You take half that from a falling rock
Paul: That sounds like someone set off a trap.
Quickblades: k
* Kazi sighs
Kazi: Where did they run off to?
Scathach: And the corridor is blocked « 1d2 ⇒ 2 »
Scathach: behind you
Flint: I thought we were checking this room? Oh well..
Quickblades: Just me guys. These rocks look heavier than they actually are.
Quickblades: is that subdual damage?
Scathach: Nope
Kazi: where is QB?
Scathach: You do have a torch, yes?
Paul: That's why we search for traps every 10 feet.
Quickblades: Yes
Feliks: do we...want to chack that last room?
Kazi: (( Damn this token sight! ))
Lalinlor Loth: I was ; had the trusty light rock going along the ground
Kazi: that does not seem a very efficient way to check for traps
Quickblades: Hey guys.
Kazi: Oh, there you are
Quickblades: Well, I'm still standing...
Kazi: And?
Lalinlor Loth: I didn't trigger the trap did I ; seems to work for me
Kazi: what was all that noise?
Feliks: does your trusty light rock detect falling rocks?
Flint: please don't leave us next time .... let's all go together, and stuff
Quickblades: We woudn't have looked for a trap there anyway, it was just halfway down a random corridor
Quickblades: I think we ought to catch up with LaL
Kazi: We always look for traps, friend
Quickblades: Follow me
* Kazi sighs heavily
Lalinlor Loth: but that is the bueaty of the light rock gambit; it checks everywhere; well excpt ceilings
* Flint shrugs, follows Quickblades
Kazi: It's gonna be one of THOSE kinds of days I see
Flint: you have to admit it hasn't gone too badly though *grinning widely*
Feliks: THINGS!
Kazi: Define badly
Flint: what's up, rooster?!
Feliks: I SEE THINGS!
Kazi: Define THINGS!
Scathach: Flint, Kazi, Slowthinker, Ghast, Lalinlor, Ghouls, Paul, Quickblades, Feliks
Flint: (( ummm....))
Kazi: Here we go again
Feliks: ((wow i rolled bad))
Flint: Back! back it up people!
* Flint double-moves back into the defensible big room
Scathach: ((nobody had an initative over 10. Does not bode well))
* Flint is done
Kazi: (( where in bloody hell is Feliks? ))
Scathach: Kazi then Slowthinker
Kazi: Feliks! Where in bloody hell are you?
Scathach: ((just up the corridor from you))
Feliks: By Lal!
Kazi: Forward or back?
Feliks: BACK!
Kazi: OK!
Kazi: Double moves back
Kazi: done
* Slowthinker prepares to attack any enemy that comes through the door
Slowthinker: (holds action)
Scathach: Lalinlor, then the other baddies
Scathach: Then Paul
Feliks: WHAT IS THAT?
Feliks: ((in front of feliks?))
Scathach: Hungry looking undead thingy
Kazi: This does not sound good
Flint: hopefully they decide to come back this way...
Flint: or, maybe not...
* Flint nervously checks the action on his gun
Feliks: ((Felix is about to start rapping...))
Lalinlor Loth: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 17 + 4 = 21 »
Lalinlor Loth: « 2d6+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 »
Feliks: UN! Dead! And they Want to Eat My HEad! I knew this morn' I shoulda STAYED IN BED!
Scathach: The undead halt their approach
Feliks: huh?
* Kazi groans
Lalinlor Loth: Leave and kick my rock back to me
Scathach: The undead do what Lalinlor tells them too
Feliks: Who? Me?
Feliks: oh
Feliks: Are you a warlock?
Feliks: Cause if so, I'm down with that
Scathach: Paul, you can take an action if you want, or we can leave initiative now
* Kazi sighs heavily
Paul: I'm fine with leaving initiative, if it's safe.
Lalinlor Loth: I have educated myself on life and death ; learned to commicate with all manner of creatures
Feliks: is it...safe?
Slowthinker: ((no, but it's secret))
Lalinlor Loth: not really ; but we can leave them behind
Feliks: what's, what's in the room? Can we look, or should we ignore it for now?
Lalinlor Loth: I c an send them to the corner and you can search it if you want
Scathach: If those in the other room make listen checks, they can hear this conversation
Kazi: What's going on up there?
Scathach: But I'm sure they notice the lack of things happening
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+2 Listen => 5 + 2 = 7
* Kazi rolls: 1d20 Listen => 1
Flint: DC is 0 for conversation
Kazi: doo doo doo
Flint: +1 for ever 10 feet
Scathach: So, Kazi fails
Feliks: WE"RE ALL RIGHT, NOW. HOW ARE YOU?
Paul: Yeah, let's get them out of our way, and search the room.
Flint: hmm, they say it is safe up there now
Lalinlor Loth: GM ruined me
Slowthinker: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 12 + 1 = 13 » listen
Kazi: Wondering what is going on!
Lalinlor Loth: FAIL with the rules
Kazi: Is it SAFE????
Feliks: JUST A SLIGHT...WEAPONS MALFUNCTION
* Flint moves forward
Scathach: You guys heard Lalinlor say nothing outloud, cause I screwed up
Lalinlor Loth: replay that ghast leaves and kicks rock to me
* Kazi moves forward
Feliks: BUT EVERYTHING IS ALL RIGHT, NOW
Scathach: The ghast just walked out of the room and kicked the rock back
Feliks: Hey Kazi
Kazi: Hey darlin'
* Kazi grins
Feliks: Ther's ghast foot on that rock. DOn't touch it
Kazi: Ick
Flint: if we go in there, will they attack again though?
Lalinlor Loth: Healers have turn abilites typically;
Feliks: Can I check the Room, Lalinlor?
Lalinlor Loth: Sure
Feliks: safely?
Scathach: You are confident in his abilities to keep the undead away
Paul: Okay
Paul: I'll search with you, Feliks.
Paul: We'll cover each other.
Lalinlor Loth: I didn't use the rock method to check for traps
Slowthinker: What's going on up here?
Scathach: Feliks, you find in the tattered footlocker a beautiful bronze breastplate
Feliks: Sweet!
Flint: I guess there were some undead, but Lalinlor talked them into leaving us alone? *shrugs*
Feliks: well decorated?
Scathach: The undead are still in the room, standing in the corner
Scathach: Yep
Lalinlor Loth: They are cowering in the corner for now; if you rekill them it will be safe
Feliks: I hold it up, does it fit me?
Scathach: it would indeed
Feliks: Check this!
Feliks: Yeah!
Feliks: wait, they're medium armor?
Slowthinker: Just... told undead to leave us alone?
Lalinlor Loth: Um wasn't kidding; you really should re-kill them
Slowthinker: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 9 + 7 = 16 » sense motive
Flint: I think it's a priest thing
Feliks: wait, kill them now? again?
Lalinlor Loth: they are over there - points
Quickblades: That's pretty clever.
Quickblades: Talking reason to undead.
Quickblades: I still think we should rekill them.
Lalinlor Loth: please
Flint: agreed
Quickblades: how close can we get before they will start attacking us?
* Flint locks and loads
Feliks: Shortbow: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 3 + 1 + 0 = 4 »
* Kazi says something to Feliks in Sclavini
Quickblades: can you have them let us surround them?
Lalinlor Loth: they will attafck bacvk after you attack
Scathach: yeah, that's a miss
Flint: init?
Scathach: Continue same init
Scathach: but you guys get a surprise round
* Slowthinker nods to his brother and moves next to one
Flint: so, who?
Scathach: Flint, Kazi, Slowthinker, Ghast, Lalinlor, Ghouls, Paul, Quickblades, Feliks
Scathach: Flint
* Flint takes a shot at the southernmost Ghoul
Scathach: If it's not your turn, stop moving
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 9 + 5 = 14 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1 ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
Scathach: Hit. Pain
* Flint is done
Scathach: It makes an angry noise
Scathach: Kazi, then Slowthinker
* Kazi sighs
Kazi: What's all this commotion?
* Kazi was looking at the pretty breastplate
Lalinlor Loth: rekilling undead; like shhoting fish in a barrel
Kazi: oh
Flint: I actually HAVE shot Fish in a bareell before, it's actually harder than it looks
Kazi: I guess if that's what we're doing
Flint: Kazi, they'll attack us later, otherwise
Kazi: Lt xbow on the one in front of me, point blank
Kazi: Light Crossbow: « 1d20+3+MOD ⇒ 8 + 3 + 1 = 12 » Damage: « 1d8+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Scathach: AP?
Kazi: nah
* Quickblades takes a pair of swings.
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 14 + 4 + -1 = 17 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 »
Scathach: AP?
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 8 + 4 + -1 = 11 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 »
Quickblades: the 17 would miss?
Scathach: Not telling
Quickblades: no ap
Slowthinker: we don't know before we use the AP
Slowthinker: I take it Kazi missed?
Scathach: The katana slices into the ghast
Slowthinker: (())
Scathach: hurting it
Scathach: Except it wasn't quickblades turn
Quickblades: Oh
Scathach: It was Slowthinkers
Slowthinker: ((yeah, that's right... it was mine ))
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 12 + 6 - 1 = 17 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 12 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 20 »
Scathach: damn you goliaths all look like
Quickblades: hehe, got the wrong goliath.
Scathach: so, AP?
Quickblades: I'll take mine later I guess...
Slowthinker: I think I'll pass
Scathach: Mighty hit, it's still up
Scathach: Lalinlor, then Paul
Slowthinker: ((done, of course))
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Light Wounds
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Light Wounds on ghast « 1d8+5 ⇒ 3 + 5 = 8 »
Lalinlor Loth: Touch: « 1d20+0 ⇒ 19 + 0 = 19 »
Scathach: Paul, then Quickblades
Paul: Well, then I'll take a pot shot at the ghoul not engaged in combat right now.
Paul: Shortbow Attack « 1d20+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Quickblades: ((This is our surprise round?))
Scathach: AP?
Scathach: ((yes))
Flint: (correct)
Paul: Oh.
Paul: Then I'll just move.
Scathach: Quickblades, then Feliks
Flint: (Quick went already)
Scathach: Quick takes his attack now
Quickblades: ((should I retake my turn, I'm going to do the same thing, unless the ghoul went down.))
Feliks: Shortbow: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 16 + 5 = 21 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 4 + 1 + 0 = 5 »
Scathach: Feliks, then Flint
Flint: (you killed it Quick)
* Quickblades slices the head off the bugger.
Slowthinker: ((oh, if he went first, I would've dropped it...))
Flint: (it's not your day.)
Feliks: blue arrow to indicate target
Scathach: Feliks puts an arrow in whichever ghoul he was aiming at
Scathach: Flint
Slowthinker: ((guess not... and now we're in starship troopers!))
Feliks: that one
Scathach: okay
* Flint draws his pistol, shooting at the southermost ghoul
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 13 + 5 = 18 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Feliks: neat, huh?
Scathach: Kazi, then Slowthinker
* Flint backs away, and is done
Kazi: xbow on ghoul
Feliks: whip it! whip it good!
Feliks: oh
Kazi: Light Crossbow: « 1d20+3+MOD ⇒ 16 + 3 + 1 = 20 » Damage: « 1d8+MOD ⇒ 7 + 1 = 8 »
Feliks: did i just die?
Scathach: You don't know. You can't see
Slowthinker: ((you just moved int othe wall))
Scathach: Kazi hits
Scathach: Slowthinker, then Lalinlor
Slowthinker: ((oh))
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 16 + 6 - 1 = 21 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 7 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 15 »
Feliks: nicely done!
* Flint reloads his weapons
Feliks: try on this breastplate i found?
Slowthinker: ((so you didn't mysteriously disappear?))
* Slowthinker cleans the ichor off of his sword before sheathing it
Scathach: ((he annoyed the GM and was temporarily transported to the land of pink. He is now pink))
* Feliks holds out a shiny breastplate to the goliaths
* Slowthinker looks suspiciously at the breastplate
Feliks: ((real men can wear pink))
Slowthinker: I don't really wear armor this heavy... or this small...
Quickblades: Your day is looking up Estee
* Kazi pipes up
Kazi: It's magical!
Slowthinker: Did you just spell my name in the Human tongue?
Feliks: It certainly looks all fancy, but too much for me
Quickblades: Kinda
Slowthinker: Well, I'll try it on to test your theory, but I don't think I can use it.
Quickblades: Perhaps Es-tee
Paul: I'm happy with my leathers.
Paul: And I have boots.
* Kazi shrugs
Kazi: I have no use for something that heavy, but we should carry it along
Flint: so, which way?
Feliks: this way is clear
Feliks: so, we're looking for a book of unspeakable evil, right?
Kazi: was that what it was?
Lalinlor Loth: bring it with it could be a valuable artifact to help clarify who and when this was built
Flint: let's go North
* Kazi glares at Feliks
Paul: I agree.
Scathach: Feliks, make a reflex save
Slowthinker: So what did you say you did to those undead again, Lalinor?
Scathach: « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Scathach: fire damage. Let that be a lesson to you
Flint: whoa, careful there
Feliks: entering Flame's Blessing stance: Fire Resistance 5
Feliks: it got hot there!
Feliks: watch your step
Kazi: Maybe you should watch yours too!
Paul: Paul grows suspicious.
Lalinlor Loth: ((didn't say anything ; it's a mental command ))
Paul: Begins to search as he goes down the hallway.
Scathach: ((turn undead is not an unknown ability))
Slowthinker: ((sorry, meant to say "do"))
Lalinlor Loth: Healers have some training with the undead and some abilities typaccly; mine are stronger than most healers
Slowthinker: ((I know... just asked anyway))
Feliks: we're going left, y'all
Feliks: hold up, Paul
Paul: Okay
Feliks: Everyone still with us?
Quickblades: Where's ST?
Flint: yup!
Feliks: Kazi, you see the rest?
* Paul looks around for any secret doors
Flint: he's here
Slowthinker: ((sorry; got left behind while checking something))
Kazi: yes
Feliks: ok.
Feliks: carry on, paul
Paul: Paul resumes traphunting
Feliks: I'll check north
Paul: (Am I at a dead end?)
Feliks: Paul! Trap up here
* Feliks points it out
* Paul looks at it, then sets about disarming it.
Scathach: Looks like if you step on a pressure plate you will release a LOT of rubble down on yourself and anyone near you
Feliks: wow, they really trapped this place up
Paul: ((forgot the bonus from having masterwork tools earlier))
Flint: +2
Paul: I think I got it.
Paul: We should be safe.
Kazi: should be?
* Kazi is a bit nervous
Paul: I'm confident I disarmed it, but there is always a chance of failure.
* Feliks is oblivious.
Feliks: who's our rear guard?
Scathach: Slowthinker, it looks like
Feliks: We still see him?
Flint: he's coming
* Slowthinker is following Lalinor
* Kazi does
Paul: Paul will start scouting north
Feliks: Is Aben staying put in the entry room, I hop?
Flint: ((we should assign a Party Leader to move all of our minis in these situations))
Feliks: hope?
Scathach: ((I can move minies if you want))
Feliks: nah, it's creepier this way
Feliks: that's why I'm always checking.
Flint: (( but it also depends on everyone paying atention all the time ))
Feliks: ((you mean we're wandering through a trap filled dungeon filled with unspeakable evil, and we have to pay attention?))
Scathach: ((no. I encourage you to be inattentive))
Flint: (( I'm sure you're kidding, but in a tabletop situation one human would be moving the minis forwardas we search ))
Feliks: ((I know. We can switch back to normal viewing if we want))
Scathach: The corridor apparently deadends
Feliks: this looks like more natural caverns than cut.
Feliks: head back?
Kazi: (( token view is a bit hard ))
Paul: check for secret doors
Scathach: afk briefly
Feliks: ((i think it would make cavern fighting terrifying!))
Feliks: ((which is why I kinda like it))
Paul: I don't spot any secret doors here.
Feliks: ((but i do see the point))
Flint: double back?
Paul: That's my recommendation.
Feliks: yeah
Flint: there was another passage east if I recall
Slowthinker: You want to check that too, Paul?
Paul: Yes
Paul: Paul begins moving East
* Flint heads to the arrow!
Feliks: yay!
Slowthinker: ((where are you all going?))
Flint: to the arrow!
Slowthinker: ((oh, I thought he was looking for secret doors up here
Flint: he did, and failed
Flint: or, succedded and there were none (??)
Paul: Been searching all the time. I'm a searching machine
Slowthinker:
Scathach: back
Kazi: flint move back a sq?
Feliks: we all here?
Scathach: yep
Kazi: flint and l move back a sq?
Kazi: nm
Kazi: QB, move ahead of me?
Feliks: Room1
Feliks: !
* Feliks rolls: 1d20-1 Listen => 18 - 1 = 17
Flint: (( move up! ))
Feliks: I think I hear mice up here
Scathach: 4 corpses, still vaguely recognizable as human, lay scattered in this room. Their hands still lay on weapons, and the armor on their bodies is hardly damaged by time. They seem decently geared. One corpse is missing it’s head, another seems to have been cut in half. The other two are both missing limbs.
Feliks: whoa!
Flint: (( skeletal now? ))
Feliks: watch for big razor traps!
Scathach: yep
Scathach: some flesh remains
Paul: Paul begins a more intense search for traps.
Paul: These bodies must be fresh.
Scathach: There are a lot of items that look to be valuable scattered on the floor, though a few are broken beyond recognition and some are corroded beyond repair
Feliks: can you show them on the mao?
Kazi: It would seem we are bot the first or only ones to come seeking this
Feliks: map*
Kazi: not*
Feliks: thx
Scathach: There is a gold-banded ivory drinking horn, a serpant shaped silver flute, a black crystal figurine of a jaguar, a silver chased heavy steel shield, an ebony-handled knife with a rune-etched blade, and a more modern looking composite shortbow, longsword, and breastplate
Scathach: These do indeed seem to be the remains of looters
Flint: (( nothing these, Maggi? ))
Kazi: yep
Flint: (( noting* ))
Slowthinker: ((can we tell what killed them?))
Feliks: i'm checking the area around the bodies for traps
Flint: yeah. what killed them?
Scathach: There are also some coins. Most are similar to the ancient coins found earlier, but about 20 gold and 50 silver seems to be older shieldmeet mint
Scathach: You don't find any traps, and if you had to guess, you'd figure they were simply hacked to pieces. A couple look gnawed on, and there are body parts missing
Paul: They might have been torn apart after they died too.
Flint: huh. *scans for exits*
Feliks: huh
Kazi: well, isn't this pleasant?
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Knowledge (Nature) => 3 + 3 = 6
Kazi: (( someone who doesn't have encumbrance problems is gonna have to carry this stuff ))
Kazi: (( i.e. not me ))
Flint: (( I ovlunteer a goliath ))
Kazi: (( though I will keep track ))
Feliks: we can always take it back to the entrance
Slowthinker: ((we're fairly strong, and not heavily laden down yet))
Lalinlor Loth: about 50-100 years ago it happened
* Slowthinker mutters something to himself
Kazi: (( ok, sounds good, I'll just note that the Goliath are carrying stuff for now, k? ))
Slowthinker: ((sure))
Paul: Any other exits?
Scathach: you don't see any in this room
* Quickblades pokes around, moving the bodies into a pile
Feliks: back to the ghoul room?
Scathach: In coin, there is 3pp, 609gp,175sp, and 248cp
Slowthinker: Doesn't look like there's much in here...
Lalinlor Loth: take it all please
Lalinlor Loth: it has historical vavlue
* Kazi snorts
Quickblades: Ok.
* Flint heads back to the ghoul room
Quickblades: Have we exhausted this section of the caves?
Flint: not quite, there is another section east of the ghoul room
Quickblades: Ok, Lead on.
Feliks: this hasn't been too bad, for an "end-of-the-world-is-nigh" kinda place
* Kazi gives Feliks a strange look
Flint: famous last words.
Kazi: I am not sure you should speak of such things with such confidence
Quickblades: Hey, that trap that I set off back there, does anyone have something to patch me up?
Paul: Searching for trap
Paul: traps*
Feliks: corroded trap there, Paul Wennet
Paul: disabling traps
Kazi: errr
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Minor wounds
Kazi: get off of me, Lalinlor
Feliks: Get off her, Lalinlor!
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Minor wounds QUickblades « 1+5 ⇒ 1 + 5 = 6 »
Paul: There, it's taken care of.
Flint: let him be, he's healing
Lalinlor Loth: get her off lanlinlor
Kazi: I was there first!
Kazi: lol
Flint: don't be mean to the healer
Kazi: He stepped on me!
Kazi: *sniffle*
Feliks: Don't get too far ahead
Paul: Sorry, I'm holding.
Feliks: cool
Feliks: carry on
Paul: Founda trap
Flint: handle it!
Feliks: it looks like he is
Paul: Yep. That trap won't fire ever again.
Scathach: looks like another dead end
Flint: Dead End, Paul?
Feliks: Hey, let's all pack as toightly together as we can
Paul: let me check
Kazi: bump, bump, bump
* Paul searches for hidden passages
Flint: why would they trap a dead end? soemthing's up...
Feliks: salt water?:
Slowthinker: Maybe that's the trap...
Paul: The walls are slippery and wet. Maybe they are holding something back. Anyways.. No way forward.
Flint: South then?
Paul: Yes, Flint.
Scathach: An marble altar sits in the center of this room, carved with an unfamiliar sigil. On the altar sits a silver bowl, studded with what appear to be gemstones. In front of the altar lies a skeleton, still clothed in what can be recognized as priestly vestments.
Quickblades: Have we explored every other part of this place yet?
Kazi: ack
Kazi: you're on top of me again, L
Lalinlor Loth: lets go desacrate the alter
Paul: There is an alter of some strange god here.
* Paul moves forward... cautiously.
Scathach: Lalinlor, Feliks, Flint, Quickblades, Paul, thingy, Kazi, Slowthinker
Feliks: Quickblades, there's still a lot to explore from earlier rooms
Feliks: ((that looks like initiative))
Slowthinker: ((I'm last, so yes, it does ))
Feliks: ((lol))
Scathach: Lalinlor, then Feliks
Kazi: Oi, Feliks!
Kazi: where are you?
Kazi: k, thx
Quickblades: ((is the cowled one moving, or just a pile of priest-bones?))
Lalinlor Loth: Detect magic ; in the area of the room
Scathach: ((it's standing up))
* Kazi laughs lightly
Kazi: Lalinlor is good with the undead, right?
Kazi: Right?
Scathach: There is magic along all the walls, the altar, and the cowled thingy
Kazi: (there is a definite edge to her voice)
Slowthinker: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 » spellcraft (yeah, I know it doesn't matter)
Lalinlor Loth: Free; room awash in magic;
Lalinlor Loth: done
Scathach: Feliks, then Flint
Feliks: can't get in there to do anything
Feliks: holding
Scathach: Flint then Quickblades
* Flint holds action, seeing nowhere to go (and nothing to shoot at)
Feliks: What's Happening?
Scathach: Quickblades then Paul
Kazi: A big pile of bones just got up on that old Amarethi altar
Flint: (afk briefly)
* Quickblades takes a step to improve his stance, then holds his attack, just in case the evil priest isn't evil
Cowled One: Thar'inoth mali'goarainsa!
Quickblades: My blades are drawn
Scathach: Paul, then thingy
Paul: To allow more of the party to come in, Paul is going to move, but in case the cowled one wants to attack, he will tumble.
Paul: Tumble 1d20+10
Paul: Tumble « 1d20+10 ⇒ 15 + 10 = 25 »
Paul: he will also draw his rapier.
Scathach: The cowled one burst into flames
Slowthinker: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 10 + 5 = 15 » spellcraft again
Slowthinker: ((probably not enough to tell what spell it was))
Scathach: If you are adjacent to him, you take « 1d4 ⇒ 2 » fire damage
Paul: Saving throw?
Scathach: reflex
Paul: Reflex « 1d20+7 ⇒ 11 + 7 = 18 »
Scathach: After bursting into flames, it throws itself at Kazi, screeching madly
Kazi: AH WHAT IS THIS?
Quickblades: I attack as it moves.
Scathach: ((yep, attacks of opportunity))
Quickblades: How about held actions?
Scathach: ((yep))
Feliks: ((well, he was holding in case of aggression))
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 8 + 6 + -1 = 13 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 7 + 4 + 1 = 12 »
Paul: AoO « 1d20+2 ⇒ 11 + 2 = 13 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Scathach: APs?
Paul: Sure
Quickblades: That was the aoo, no AP
Paul: Oh
Paul: Okay
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 8 + 4 + -1 = 11 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 9 + 4 + 1 = 14 »
Paul: Wait, for me.. AP « 1d6 ⇒ 4 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 13 + 4 + -1 = 16 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 »
Scathach: APs?
Quickblades: nope
Scathach: The wakizashi slices into the creatures robes
Scathach: as does Paul's dagger
Paul: rapier.
Scathach: (you are a halfling. It's a dagger
Scathach: Kazi, then Slowthinker
Kazi: What in the bloody hell is this?
Slowthinker: ((does it attack Kazi?))
* Kazi laughs in the monster's face
Scathach: (it took it's standard, then it's move)
Lalinlor Loth: Free; Check out the bowl on the alter
Lalinlor Loth: Free ; look for traps and remove it
* Kazi gets a very strange glint in her eye and curses at the beast in a strange tongue
Flint: (( is that Lalinlor talking, or him doing it?
Flint: ))
Kazi: Attack with claw bracer
Kazi: Clawed Bracer: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 13 + 2 = 15 » Damage: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Scathach: AP?
Kazi: nah
Scathach: ((talking))
Slowthinker: ((you moving out of the way too? ))
Scathach: Slowthinker, then Lalinlor
Kazi: Nope
Kazi: I am lovingly embracing my friend whilst cursing it in a very STRANGE tongue
Slowthinker: ((can I move around her and into the room?))
Scathach: ((it gets an AoO if you do))
Flint: (( bull rush! ))
Slowthinker: ((I did think of that...))
Quickblades: ((bull rush!))
Slowthinker: ((how tall are the ceilings?))
Scathach: about 8'
Slowthinker: ((bull rush is still cooler))
Slowthinker: ((let me look that up... sigh))
Scathach: you want to bullrush into the flaming undead thingy?
Kazi: and into Kazi?
Kazi: sheesh
Slowthinker: ((oh, still flaming? Never mind; I'll let the crazy girls grapple it then ))
Feliks: can you pick Kazi up and toss her my way?
Kazi: I am not grappling it literally
* Slowthinker moves into the room and attacks the undead thingie, provoking an AOO
Slowthinker: assuming it doesn't kill me:
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 19 + 6 - 1 = 24 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 9 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 17 »
Scathach: « 1d20+6 ⇒ 17 + 6 = 23 » damage « 1d4 ⇒ 2 » + « 1d6 ⇒ 4 » fire
Slowthinker: ((I assume it's immune to crits?))
Scathach: ((yep))
Scathach: ((but you think you hurt it pretty bad))
Slowthinker: ((done))
Scathach: Lalinlor then Felikes
Lalinlor Loth: Maquahuitl: « 1d20+0 ⇒ 11 + 0 = 11 » Damage: « 1d10+0 ⇒ 2 + 0 = 2 »
Lalinlor Loth: on chalice
Lalinlor Loth: done
Scathach: The chalice falls off the altar and onto the floor.
Flint: (( Maqua-what now?))
Scathach: ((these savages use strange weapons))
Kazi: (( heeeeeey macarena! ))
Lalinlor Loth: a wood sword
Scathach: Feliks then Flint
Slowthinker: ((maybe it doesn't have combat reflexes ))
Feliks: Bull Rush!
Cowled One: Ba'rasthou lith duma! Kabri'sar!
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+1 Strength => 14 + 1 = 15
* Kazi answers belligerently
Scathach: So you and Kazi make opposed strength checks, and you are pushing her into the thingy?
Kazi: (( what? how rude! ))
* Kazi rolls: 1d20+1 STR => 3 + 1 = 4
Feliks: she's not grappling him, I'm trying to push it away from her
Flint: (he can move through Kazi and push the thing I think)
Scathach: or you are moving past Kazi, and pushing the thingy?
Scathach: ((just trying to clarify))
Scathach: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 10 + 2 = 12 »
Feliks: YEAAH!
Kazi: (( yay Feliks! ))
Scathach: « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Scathach: take that in fire damage
Feliks: bump it back 5 ft
Feliks: Fire Resistance 5
* Kazi laughs triumphantly
Scathach: though Kazi can take an AoO on you if she wants
Flint: (( how heroic ))
Kazi: bwah ha ha
Feliks: Which is why I risked it
Slowthinker: ((I forget, does being bull rushed provoke?))
Feliks: yep
Feliks: if it has another
Flint: (unless you have Improved Bull Rush!))
Kazi: sure, I'll take it
Kazi: I mean
Slowthinker: ((no, being bull rushed... the movement))
Kazi: no, not on F
Scathach: Flint, then Quickblades
Lalinlor Loth: Maquahuitl: « 1d20+0 ⇒ 4 + 0 = 4 » Damage: « 1d10+0 ⇒ 1 + 0 = 1 »
Lalinlor Loth: on my aoo
Lalinlor Loth: does it hit?
Scathach: no, you miss Feliks
* Flint steps forward and takes a careful shot at the thingie
Feliks: HEy!
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 18 + 5 = 23 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Flint: so, 19 really
Scathach: hit
Scathach: it crumples to ash
Feliks: Stamp out the flames
Lalinlor Loth: gm away; getting cr 12 baby monster food
Feliks: You ok, Kazi?
* Flint reloads.
* Kazi laughs, points at the pile of ash, says one last thing
* Paul begins searching the room for traps
Lalinlor Loth: focus on chalice with detect for shcool and power level
* Slowthinker looks strangely at Kazi
Slowthinker: You know that guy?
* Paul hopes the power level is over 9,000
* Quickblades looks strangely at Kazi
Flint: yeah, since when do you speak ... Cowled Thing Language?
Scathach: There items have faint abjuration
Kazi: Huh?
Lalinlor Loth: Point and instruct people to pick up
* Feliks looks strangely at Slowthinker
* Kazi 's eyes glow faintly violet
Lalinlor Loth: 'for historical value
* Quickblades looks strangely at Flint
Paul: We got rid of it. I think that is what matters.
* Kazi giggles giddily
Feliks: ((we've entered the Temple of Awkward Glances))
Slowthinker: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 16 + 7 = 23 » sense motive
Flint: *looks at Altar, and stuff on it* anything valuable, Lalinlor?
Quickblades: Does this room have any other exits?
Scathach: you find - gory darkwood and obsidian horned demon mask, large onyx prayer beads, a now slightly dented lapis inlaid silver ceremonial chalice, a strange talisman of silver with a black star sapphire gemstone, and a nightmarish idol crafted from serpentine
Kazi: Damned dirty Amarethi
Lalinlor Loth: south wall has illision magic on it
Quickblades: What about the bowl you were smashing Lali?
Feliks: this is Amarethi?
Feliks: What?
Kazi: Yes, old stuff
Lalinlor Loth: in other words disbelive the south wall exists
Paul: Paul inspects the south wall, and then attempts to find a path, being mindful of possible traps other than the illusion.
Lalinlor Loth: it could have been linked to the undead as a focal point
Kazi: You know, from their bad old days
* Kazi rolls her eyes
Feliks: Oh.
Feliks: Cause that mask doesn't look like the happy racist Samad I've seen pictured
Kazi: That's probably because it isn't Samad, dear
Quickblades: Hey, I'm kinda feeling a bit woosy. You have any more healing power in you Lali?
Kazi: From what I am thinking
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Minor wounds
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Minor wounds quickblades « 1+5 ⇒ 1 + 5 = 6 »
* Kazi goes and kicks the pile of ash with a satisfied look on her face
* Slowthinker says nothing, but looks to be singed and clawed as well
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Minor wounds
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Minor wounds slowthinker « 1+5 ⇒ 1 + 5 = 6 »
Slowthinker: Thanks
Lalinlor Loth: The healing spells are not limitless
Feliks: ((Really putting some effort in there, huh Lal?))
Lalinlor Loth: I will need to rest soon
Slowthinker: I know... I hope the cowled things that everybody knows except me are, though.
Paul: Not only is there an illusion, but there's a trap here as well.
Paul: Whoever made this passage really wanted to guard it.
Lalinlor Loth: is the trap another illision?
Kazi: I didn't know it personally
Flint: can you bypass it?
Paul: Let me see.
Kazi: Wasn't a friend of mine or anything
* Paul takes out his tools, and begins tinkering.
* Kazi gives Slowthinker a strange look
* Feliks addresses Kazi in Sclavini
* Paul curses in Halfling
Paul: I couldn't quite get it. I'm gonna try again. Might want to have everyone else take a step back.
* Flint exits to the hallway
Paul: Especially Lalinor. Might need him if this goes poorly.
Lalinlor Loth: I got your back; way back
* Flint holds his hands over his ears
Paul: Quickblades, are you staying here?
Paul: Okay.. I'm gonna try to disarm it again.
Lalinlor Loth: *wispers; this is where the rock over the trap has value
Paul: Got it!
Quickblades: No, I'm backing up.
Paul: Okay, all clear!
Slowthinker: ((aaaaah))
Feliks: ((anyone else speak sclavini? There's a convo you overheard if so))
* Flint gets into line behind Kazi
Scathach: ((I'm quite fluent))
* Slowthinker either doesn't speak it or has a good bluff check
Feliks: ((just offering it up, to be fair))
Scathach: ((Kazi, get out from under Lalinlor))
Kazi: ah goddammit
Slowthinker: ((you two just can't keep your minis off each other...))
Feliks: Kazi, stay by me
Kazi: ok
Scathach: Paul found a secret door
Feliks: go paul!
Paul: Over here! Secret Door! Maybe the EVIL book is here?
Feliks: uh oh
Quickblades: Enemies!
Quickblades: Go Right!!
Scathach: Baddies, Lalinlor, Feliks, Slowthinker, Kazi, Flint, Quickblades, Paul
Kazi: I'm sorry, what?
Feliks: it's init time again
Scathach: The baddies both burst into flame and head towards Kazi
Kazi: (( I saw that ))
Quickblades: AOO?
Kazi: Hmmmm, more of this?
Scathach: Flint and quickblades « 1d4 ⇒ 1 » fire
Scathach: (nope)
Flint: Reflex for this?
Scathach: Feliks, unless your stance is still up « 1d4 ⇒ 1 » fire
Feliks: it's always up until I take it down
Flint: is there a saving throw for half or negates?
Scathach: for half
Flint: Ref Save: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 15 + 2 = 17 »
Flint: though I guess it's 1 pt. of dmg anyway?
Scathach: Lalinlor then Feliks
Slowthinker: ((isn't half of 1 still 1?))
Lalinlor Loth: [1d20 +4} [2d6+5} ap 1d6
Scathach: ((yeah))
Paul: Not for party members with evasion.
Lalinlor Loth: « 1d20 +4 ⇒ 16 + 4 = 20 » 2d6+5] ap 1d6
Lalinlor Loth: done
Scathach: Feliks then Slowthinker
Feliks: attacking cowled one
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 11 + 4 + 0 = 15 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 5 + 1 + 0 = 6 »
* Feliks rolls: 1d6 AP => 5
Scathach: ((forgot earlier, if you hit them with a melee attack you are subject to the 1d4 fire damage, no reflex there))
Scathach: hit
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+1+MOD ⇒ 20 + 1 + 0 = 21 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 1 + 0 = 1 »
Scathach: hit
Feliks: done
Scathach: Slowthinker then Kazi
* Slowthinker advances to the door, sees a baddie, and takes a swing!
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 1: « 1d20+6-1+ ⇒ 12 + 6 - 1 = 17 » damage « 3d6+6+2*1 ⇒ 6 + 6 + 2 * 1 = 14 »
Slowthinker: ((no AP, done))
Scathach: ((you hit))
Scathach: Kazi, then Flint
Kazi: Claw bracer
Kazi: Clawed Bracer: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 12 + 2 = 14 » Damage: « 1d4+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
Feliks: ap
Feliks: ?
Scathach: AP?
Kazi: sure
Kazi: AP: « 1d6 ⇒ 3 »
Scathach: hit
Feliks: BACK KAZI!
Kazi: ok
Kazi: oops
Kazi: um
Kazi: NO WAY
Scathach: Flint, then Quickblades
* Flint steps in, takes a shot at the Southern one
Flint: (-4 to this)
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 12 + 5 = 17 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1 ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
Flint: and I will AP
Flint: « 1d6 ⇒ 2 »
Scathach: hit
* Flint is done
Scathach: Quickblades then Paul
* Quickblades slashes twice, quickly
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 17 + 4 + -1 = 20 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 1 + 4 + 1 = 6 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 18 + 4 + -1 = 21 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 2 + 2 + 1 = 5 »
Cowled One: Kara'din no masalivar noreth!
Scathach: AP?
Quickblades: no thanks
Scathach: sure?
Quickblades: yea
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+2 Intelligence => 15 + 2 = 17
Scathach: Your blades slice through the robes of the thing, but it is still up, and still on fire
Scathach: « 1d4 ⇒ 3 »
Scathach: for those of you who entered melee with one of the things, or entered into an adjacent square
Scathach: Paul then baddy
Slowthinker: « 1d20 ⇒ 11 » reflex
Paul: Paul slides out while drawing his shortbow, and shoots at Cowled One 2, being careful not to hit his friends.
Paul: Attack « 1d20+1 ⇒ 13 + 1 = 14 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 2 »
Scathach: AP?
Paul: I'll forgo it.
Cowled One: Nogal do'urzav! Alithmar kiv!
Lalinlor Loth: Free; Kazi what are they saying to you?
* Cowled One swings a firey hand at Quickblades « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 » for « 1d4 ⇒ 3 » + « 1d6 ⇒ 5 » fire
* Quickblades goes down
Kazi: I do not speak their tongue, Lalinlor
Quickblades: ((I'm at 0 HP))
Kazi: (( I thought you were healed? ))
Slowthinker: ((you're up but staggered then))
* Cowled One 2 screeches at Kazi and tries to wrap it's hands around her throat « 1d20+5 ⇒ 12 + 5 = 17 »
Kazi: (( yeah that'll do it ))
Scathach: Though he succeeds, he doesn't actually appear to be harming Kazi at all.
Quickblades: ((oh, good))
Flint: (( ummmmmm ...... well, thats a relief! ))
Slowthinker: ((any strenuous action will cause you to lose 1 HP though))
* Kazi spits in his face
Scathach: Lalinlor then Feliks
Quickblades: ((such as attacking???))
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Light Wounds
Slowthinker: ((or, ironically, casting a healing spell... but yeah))
Quickblades: HEALIN'!!
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Light Wounds on QUickblades « 1d8+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 »
Feliks: on who?
Feliks: oh ok
Lalinlor Loth: done
Quickblades: ((that was for those of you that have played Bard's Tale for the PS2))
Scathach: Feliks then Slowthinker
Quickblades: Thanks, that's back to 100%
Lalinlor Loth: bringing the infuse
Feliks: 2 attacks
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 12 + 4 + 0 = 16 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 3 + 1 + 0 = 4 »
* Feliks rolls: 1d6 AP => 2
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+1+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 + 0 = 7 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 0 = 3 »
Scathach: hit
Scathach: and miss
Feliks: done
Scathach: Slowthinker then Kazi
* Slowthinker takes another swing at the obstinate cowled being in front of him
* Slowthinker swings his sword mightily! Power attack for 0: « 1d20+6-0+ ⇒ 18 + 6 - 0 = 24 » damage « 3d6+6+2*0 ⇒ 12 + 6 + 2 * 0 = 18 »
Feliks: YEAH!
Slowthinker: ((done))
Scathach: It turns to ash almost before his blade is done slicing through it.
Scathach: Kazi then Flint
* Kazi 's eyes begin to glow a deep purple as she starts to mutter in a strange tongue
Kazi: a strange purple glow starts to gather around her hands...
Flint: ((she's creepy today))
Kazi: Eldritch Blast: « 1d20+3+MOD ⇒ 20 + 3 + 1 = 24 » Damage: « 1d6+MOD ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
Kazi: (( that's a ranged touch, I believe that'll hit on the cowled dude ))
Flint: ((does it get AOO))
Slowthinker: ((if she has the hideous blow invocation it wouldn't, but it wouldn't be a touch attack then))
Scathach: The purple light slams into the thing, almost knocking it back.
* Slowthinker looks very oddly at Kazi
Slowthinker: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 14 + 8 = 22 » knowledge: arcana
Flint: Powerful Magicks!
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Arcana) => 10 + 6 = 16
Kazi: done
Scathach: Flint then Quickblades
* Flint backs up a step (as much from Kazi as the thingie, sheesh!) and shoots his pistol at the thingie
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5 ⇒ 11 + 5 = 16 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Flint: (only a 12)
Scathach: AP?
Flint: no thanks
Scathach: Quickblades then Paul
* Quickblades closes with the other cloaked figure
Slowthinker: ((you should make an alias for "I wish I had precise shot"))
Flint: (( next level, I will ))
* Quickblades attacks
Kazi: (( ME TOO! ))
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 19 + 6 + -1 = 24 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 »
Cowled One 2: Dorith mak!
* Cowled One 2 explodes into ash
* Paul breathes easily.
Paul: Wow.
* Kazi laughs triumphantly
* Paul begins searching the room
Flint: I didn't know you were a sorceress, Kazi! Wow!
* Slowthinker doesn't sheathe his sword, but eyes Kazi very cautiously
* Feliks keeps his rapier drawn, and in fighting stance, keeping himself between the party and Kazi
Lalinlor Loth: goes from party member to party member evaluating wounds
Slowthinker: I didn't know you consorted with Demons, Kazi. Wow.
Scathach: a lot of folks have some superficial burns
Flint: whoa, is that what it was?! (looks at Slowthinker)
Kazi: How do you mean, Slowthinker?
* Kazi looks very calm, eyes still glowing violet faintly
Lalinlor Loth: not deamons a warlock
Flint: ohhh. hey, aren't those illegal?
Kazi: To some, one and the same, Lalinlor
Slowthinker: Yes. Warlocks get their powers from demons, directly or indirectly.
Flint: not that I care honestly
Lalinlor Loth: no
Scathach: ((in most places. Yep))
Kazi: Daemons, friend
Kazi: Not DEMONS
Lalinlor Loth: it's still better than being an elf
Scathach: ((most people think warlocks are the spawn of demons))
Feliks: So...we're all cool with this?
Flint: so, is that how you found the real entrance? with secret Warlock powers?
Kazi: And that is a matter of debate, truth be told
Flint: I'm more curious than anything,.
Slowthinker: ((oh, warlocks who get their power from mail servers... brilliant!))
Kazi: (( lol tw00 ))
Feliks: ((lol))
Kazi: (( mail servers are only one type of daemon, silly ))
Lalinlor Loth: it's not like she is evil; I checked
Quickblades: ((can we call the game here for the day? I have to get going.))
Scathach: ((yep, we can call it here))
Flint: there's also the center fielder for the Yankees, Jonny Daemon
Lalinlor Loth: Search and rest here
Flint: er, Damon
Scathach: ((next week, to kill Kazi or not to kill Kazi?))
Feliks: ((groan))
Kazi: (( sigh ))
Feliks: ((and if so, killing Feliks to get to her))
Slowthinker: ((how much xp are they worth? ))
Scathach: Calling it tonight.
Scathach: They are CR 2
* Flint thinks Kazi rocks! But scary rock. Like Gwar.
Scathach: togethre I think they are CR 3
Slowthinker: ((oooh))
Paul: Not enough.
Feliks: ((a Feliks that, for bull rushing and meleeing the fiery ones, has not a burn mark on him))
Scathach: two weeks from now we will pick it back up
Feliks: I hope I level soon.
Paul: Paul doesn't either. His run away and hide technique worked very well.
Quickblades: excellent.
Quickblades: likewise
Feliks: I'm burning through these APs
Kazi: (( and those things didn't touch Kazi at all ))
Kazi:
Lalinlor Loth: Me>>you
Quickblades: I'm not to thrilled with a mere 11 hp and being up front as much as I am.
* Flint helps set up some kind of camp here
Lalinlor Loth: suck less?
Slowthinker: I imagine I would feel the same way if I were in exactly the same position...
Scathach: you guys can make it back to the exit safely and sleep there. In fact, I recommend that, that way I don't have to make wandering monster tables
Feliks: We're not that far in, we could rest out by the beach
Flint: ok.
Slowthinker: I was about to suggest that, actually
Paul: Sounds good.
Lalinlor Loth: cool
* Kazi agrees
Scathach: alrighty, we will pick up next time on the beach.
Lalinlor Loth: gnight
Lalinlor Loth has disconnected.
Feliks: laterz!
Paul has disconnected.
Slowthinker: night
Slowthinker has disconnected.
Scathach: I'll post XP
Kazi: yay
Kazi: I'll post the loot and transcript
Quickblades has disconnected.
Scathach: If you guys do level from this session, I'll let you be leveled next time you enter the caves
Kazi: yay
Feliks: cool
Kazi: if I do level, I will have *almost* made it a level without ever blasting
Feliks: if it takes a long journal entry, I'm doing one for sure
Feliks: campaign saved
Scathach: I'll figure the XP out today
Scathach: later
Feliks: thx!
Kazi: sounds good
Scathach has disconnected.
Flint has disconnected.
You have disconnected.