Feliks has connected.
Flint has connected.
Kazi: Good morning
Feliks: morning
* Feliks is oblivious.
Flint: hallo
EvilGM has connected.
Kazi: Uh oh
EvilGM: uh oh?
Feliks: so, no token view this time
Feliks: just strict token ownership
EvilGM: cool
Kazi: *EVIL*GM has entered
Kazi: I is scared
Flint: what does that mean anyway, "strict token ownership"
Feliks: I'd be more afraid if she came in as "nicest GM in the world"
Kazi: It means no one else can mess with your token
Feliks: I can't move your token
Flint: not even the GM?
Feliks: the GM can
Feliks: but no player that isn't an "owner" of your token can do anything
Feliks: you can set ownership in the token properties
EvilGM: muahahahahaha
Paul has connected.
EvilGM: I figure we'll be a late start today
Kazi: Feliks, I've given you ownership in case I need you to move me
Paul: hi
Kazi: hi
Feliks: no
Quickblades has connected.
Feliks: hey Paul
Feliks: Hey Quickblades
Flint: is everyone levelled up? I think everyone is 3rd now...
Quickblades: Hey everybody! Let's DANCE!!!
* Feliks dances gracefully
Kazi: Hi Quickblades
Quickblades: Oh, crappers. I don't know if I leveled...
Quickblades: I'll be ready to go in about 12.738 minutes.
* Paul dances with the feet firmly planted in place
Feliks: Happy Spring Forward day
Feliks: crap, I don't think I leveled my token
EvilGM: Lalinlor will be with us shortly, whether you like it or not
EvilGM: Everybody should be up the cliff at the campsite
Flint: haha, nice icon quickblades
Kazi: huh?
Quickblades: thanks
Flint: left of campfirre
EvilGM: lol
Quickblades: I'll be cleaning it up when I get a minute
Slowthinker has connected.
Flint: Quickblades = Ron Perlman?
Quickblades: Yes
Slowthinker: sorry I'm late... had to update
EvilGM: no worries
Quickblades: In a Tux
Flint: is that Bard guy coming back?
Feliks: musta been fate
EvilGM: He claims he is
Slowthinker: aha
Paul: Bards.. they always say they'll call.
EvilGM: Even sidebarred yesterday to catch up
Slowthinker: -- not last
EvilGM: Eh, it daylight savings time. I was prepared for half the group to be an hour late
EvilGM: My husband is helping a friend out with a guildwars thing and will be here shortly
Slowthinker: aw, man... that's gonna be the half that lives, too
Flint: are you levelled mr. slowthinker?
EvilGM: He thought he'd be done already, but apparently his guildmate is dumber than he thought.
Paul: That's the problem with other people.
Slowthinker: should be
Feliks: HEy, someone's helping me out in guildwars, I'll be there in a minute
EvilGM: So everyone makes it back up the cliff safely, and Aben starts examining he items you brought back. He is so excited he is practically bouncing
Flint: ...
EvilGM: lol
Feliks: but he can't help for crap, so it may be a while
Feliks:
EvilGM: Maksim and Dima found some deer tracks and are off hunting up food.
* Feliks eats the fire!
Feliks: ((not really))
EvilGM: Feodor seems confident they will bring something back and is already getting some potatoes ready to roast.
EvilGM: It's a good 5 hours until sunset
* Flint is making modifications to the wagons
* Kazi has a convo with Aben
* Quickblades is leveling up
* Paul is double checking the items, seeing what Aben finds so fascinating.
Quickblades: Does anybody else HATE MS Office 2007?
Quickblades: I can't even find where to click to enable the macros.
* Flint tells Lev about his dirigible idea and how it is going to totally rock the world of mass transport
Quickblades: Fucking MS.
Feliks: I have 2004
EvilGM: Microsoft sucks
Slowthinker: I have openoffice and google spreadsheets
Feliks: geek
Feliks:
Flint: I don't use office, I use a hex editor
Paul: Well, then place a hex on someone else's copy of office.
Flint: can do!
Slowthinker: office uses squares. not a hex grid
Flint: oh, I knew something was wrong!!
Quickblades: I have been trying to aclimate to 07, since I will enevitibly work on it at work. It has to be the crappiest version of the OS suite ever.
Quickblades: The "ribbon" is the dumbest thing I think they could have concieved.
Quickblades: sorry.
Paul: Just think about the scene in the South Park movie where they shot Bill Gates.
Paul: It makes me smile every time.
EvilGM: lol
Quickblades: I'll be back when I get the macros working.
Lalinlor Loth has connected.
EvilGM: Evil healer in the house!
Lalinlor Loth: not that evil
Kazi: uh huh
Feliks: Hey Lalinlor
Feliks: I've been trying to convince her you're just antisocial
Feliks: or socially backwards, at least
Lalinlor Loth: how's that working out?
EvilGM: Spot checks?
Feliks: not well
* Feliks is oblivious.
EvilGM: Lalinlor, Kazi, you spot Maksim and Dima running back toward the camp, as fast as they can.
Lalinlor Loth: look ; and points
* Kazi looks up
Paul: What do you see?
Kazi: Hmmm, wonder what they are up to
Lalinlor Loth: are they racing or is there a problem; im guessing problem
Feliks: probably just racing
Feliks: to impress Kazi
EvilGM: Kae and Rayner both grab up weapons and scan to see if anyone is chasing the boys, but they don't appear to see anything.
EvilGM: The boys reach the camp, panting and talking over each other in excitment. Finally Dima waves to Maksim.
* Slowthinker looks at them quizzically
Maksim: We found another camp.
Maksim: You guys need to see this.
* Slowthinker glances at Flint
Lalinlor Loth: are they making smores?
Slowthinker: Maybe the one we saw the other night?
* Flint shrugs
Maksim: comeon, follow us.
* Kazi grins at the two handsome lads
Kazi: Oooh! An adventure!
Lalinlor Loth: were you spotted or heard?
Slowthinker: Weren't we already having one?
* Flint grabs his weapons from the wagon.
Lalinlor Loth: how far is the camp
Maksim: I doubt it. They were all dead.
Slowthinker: ...
Paul: All dead? That's bad.
Paul: Why are we going to look?
Maksim: Someone killed them all, even that guy we left in the sack.
Kazi: To investigate!
Maksim: its....well...
Lalinlor Loth: is that a professional opinion about there status?
Feliks: suck
* Kazi rolls her eyes, man, these people are thick
* Slowthinker looks slightly disturbed
Maksim: they killed them a lot.
Maksim: some of them were burned.
Kazi: So these people, that have been chasing us and trying to kill us, all end up dead, and you all aren't the slightest bit curious?
* Kazi is confused
Dima: It was pretty bad.
Paul: We were being chased?
Dima: we smelled the camp before we found it.
Feliks: how far is it?
Lalinlor Loth: more releaved; my enimies enemy is my ally
* Kazi looks at Lalinlor
Lalinlor Loth: and f7 is spellscheck
Kazi: You are odd
Dima: took us about ten minutes to run here from there.
EvilGM: both are still gasping and panting.
Lalinlor Loth: do you suggest we run back ?
Feliks: well, let's check it out
EvilGM: They start leading the way at a brisk pace.
EvilGM: Marching order?
* Paul does his best to keep up.
* Slowthinker goes along, but stays toward the back
* Flint moves as quickly as his stumpy legs will allow
* Paul ends up near the back, on account of his short legs
EvilGM: It takes you nearly half an hour to reach the camp at this pace, but you smell it before you see it. The scent of charred bone fills the air.
* Quickblades goes along, near the front
* Kazi wrinkles her nose
Kazi: Gross
Lalinlor Loth: seach for living
* Slowthinker examines the burn marks, trying to tell what could have caused them
Lalinlor Loth: COD; and whatever I can learn about the weapons
EvilGM: There are sigils drawn on the ground in what is quite obviously blood. 'Jack's' throat has been cut, making it fairly obvious where the blood came from. Three of the bodies were hacked to pieces.
EvilGM: The other two bodies seem to have been placed into a makeshift cage which was then set on fire.
Feliks: disturbing
Kazi: Yuck!
Feliks: sigils?
Lalinlor Loth: I suggest we creamate the bodies
Flint: ew, they had a lot of time to set this up
Flint: how did we not see this?
Slowthinker: Maybe we did...
Lalinlor Loth: it's sort of far from the camp
EvilGM: You did come through trees to arrive at this point
Paul: Perhaps we were in the cave when this occurred?
Feliks: ((map not to scale, I assume))
Kazi: (( didn't the watch see a light? ))
Slowthinker: ((yes...))
EvilGM: The burned corpses are still smoldering slightly
Lalinlor Loth: finish the creamation process
Flint: I'm thinking yeah, it happened while we were inside
Quickblades: ((how do we handle HP at each level?))
EvilGM: ((half +1))
Slowthinker: ((we get full for the first 2 levels though))
Maksim: um, Lalinlor, are you sure we should burn them and not bury them?
* Slowthinker looks carefully at Kazi
* Kazi looks at Slowthinker
Kazi: What?
Slowthinker: Any of that look familiar to you?
Kazi: Why would it?
Lalinlor Loth: one way is faster than the other; and already started
* Slowthinker gestures at the sigils
* Kazi looks, shrugs
Kazi: Nope, why would it?
Lalinlor Loth: I don't like digging ; the animals just undo it
EvilGM: Jinan approaches, and looks at the site. He looks like he is about to wet his pants.
Slowthinker: You seem to have some insight into these things that I don't.
Paul: I'm almost afraid to say this, but should we search them for anything useful? They won't need it anymore.
Kazi: I have insight into hacking people to pieces and burning them that you don't?
EvilGM: Oddly, it doesn't look like their belongings have been taken, or even disturbed more than a fight here would suggest.
* Kazi raises an eyebrow
Jinan: this....
* Paul searches they belongings, finding anything that would be useful to the party
Slowthinker: No, just into ancient Daemons...
* Kazi snorts
Jinan: it wasn't Kazi.
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Arcana) => 8 + 6 = 14
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+3 Knowledge (Nature) => 9 + 3 = 12
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+6 Knowledge (Religion) => 11 + 6 = 17
Slowthinker: I didn't say it was.
Slowthinker: She's been with us.
Jinan: wasn't Sclavini at all
Kazi: What makes you think this has anything to do with "ancient daemons"?
* Jinan curses
Jinan: traitors and heretics
* Kazi looks at Jinan
Slowthinker: Those runes... they have something to do with the Old Ones.
Lalinlor Loth: tratiors and heritics started every sucessful revolution
* Kazi gives Slowthinker a hard look
EvilGM: there is a moment when it looks like Jinan is considering doing violence to Lalinlor.
Flint: is there a group that makes a habit of making patterns of blood like this? (poking it with a stick)
Lalinlor Loth: whether we are better off today becauase they did ; is something for each individual to decide
Kazi: I am not sure what you're trying to imply here...
Lalinlor Loth: it's a achient amilth symbol
Feliks: HE's saying it was those fiery cloaked ones from the complex
Feliks: geez
Jinan: no. I'm saying it was a bunch of filth we scoured from our land a long time ago.
* Kazi sniffs airily
Paul: How could they have managed that AND been where we found them.
Kazi: I don't think so
Feliks: Who have a complex buried below us. Duh
* Kazi glares at Feliks
Lalinlor Loth: I think she is refering to the people who put the symbol down not the dead in front of us
Kazi: I don't think he's doing that at all!
Slowthinker: Could be. Could be something else too. Some say the Old Ones were daemons, in which case Kazi may have some insight anyway.
Jinan: why would Kazi have insight?
Slowthinker: And if it did have to do with those guys, well, she was pretty chatty with them too.
Lalinlor Loth: or what everyone knows about deamons is wrong
* Jinan is confused
* Kazi rolls her eyes
Kazi: Oh, I see, not wanting to torture people is "chatty"
Kazi: Sorry
Slowthinker: So what language were they speaking?
Lalinlor Loth: torture is expediaant
Kazi: Huh?
Feliks: I'm guessing he meant the cloaked fiery ones you were yellingat below?
Kazi: (( I thought you were talking about Jack ))
* Slowthinker nods
Paul: Well, aside from their gear and weapons, they have a few potions, and the attackers may have left something.
Kazi: I haven't a clue
Paul: I found a silver circle.
Lalinlor Loth: it can get what you need when time is important
Paul: It's got one of the sigils on it!
Slowthinker: You were talking to them...
Kazi: Was I?
Kazi: I don't think I was
* Flint goes to look at the sicrcle Paul is talking about
Slowthinker: You were...
Feliks: i think it was more yelling and screaming at them
* Slowthinker follows to the circle
EvilGM: Jinan instructs Maksim and Dima to go get shovels
Slowthinker: Yelling, screaming, zapping...
Lalinlor Loth: fire is quicker
* Paul holds up the circle, showing it to all who can see it. Yep. This looks just like THAT, I think.
* Slowthinker shrugs
* Kazi shrugs
* Paul points at the similar sigil.
Lalinlor Loth: gm putting baby to nap
Kazi: I didn't speak their tongue
Kazi: Whatever it was
Kazi: Don't recall having any sort of conversation
* Slowthinker examines the sigil
EvilGM: The sigil matches one of the ones drawn in blood.
EvilGM: The one drawn most prominently in fact.
Slowthinker: All right... if you don't have any insight to share, that's fine.
Flint: so, what's it ... do? *looking at the silver thing*
Jinan: we need to bury these guys. Burning is part of what that cult does, so we shouldn't.
Jinan: burn them i mean.
* Slowthinker makes a note of the sigil, though he takes care not to copy it so closely that it has any power
Kazi: I'd just like to clarify that since I am not any sort of follower of any "Old One" I would not have any insight to share
Slowthinker: I'm... not sure...
* Kazi looks highly offended
* Flint tries to get out of Kazi's noisy vocal radius as he tries to concentrate
EvilGM: listen checks?
* Feliks rolls: 1d20-1 Listen => 13 - 1 = 12
Slowthinker: ((you roll those for us, right?))
* Kazi rolls: 1d20 Listen => 8
Flint: no you roll to gm
Flint: using /rgm
Kazi: this one isn't a rgm
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20+2 Listen => 3 + 2 = 5
Feliks: should it be?
Kazi: unless she changed it
* Quickblades rolls: 1d20+0 Listen => 5 + 0 = 5
EvilGM: ((I don't care
Slowthinker: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 » listen
Paul: Wait a second.... I only count six bodies.
Kazi: (( wow, we suck ))
Paul: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 5 + 8 = 13 » Listen
* Flint 's ears perk up
Flint: huh? hey, i think someone might be alivwe
* Flint heads south.
Slowthinker: ((guess /rgm is the way to roll high))
Kazi: (( all by his lonesome? ))
Paul: I heard a groan too, and I think there are signs of 2 more people.
Paul: There may be 2 survivors.
* Slowthinker looks startled and follows
EvilGM: Jinan follows Flint
* Paul scurries South.
EvilGM: search checks?
Paul: « 1d20+10 ⇒ 2 + 10 = 12 » search
Paul: man... /rgm really is the way to go
Flint: Search « 1d20+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 »
Slowthinker: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 17 + 4 = 21 » seach
EvilGM: You find a bleeding elvish woman
Lalinlor Loth: seach
Paul: Lal! She's alive!
Lalinlor Loth: search
Lalinlor Loth: she is stable
Slowthinker: Lalinor...
* Slowthinker kneels by her and speaks softly in Elven...
Lalinlor Loth: I used 90% of my healing spells keeping us alive
Lalinlor Loth: I have 1 more I can use today
Lalinlor Loth: I am doing what I can
EvilGM: She groans slightly, but doesn't regain conciousness
Paul: Which is why we rested, right?
Flint: we haven't rester yet
Feliks: can't you, you know, heal or something?
EvilGM: ((you haven't actually rested yet))
Slowthinker: ((did we rest yet? I'm a little unclear on it))
Paul: ah
Slowthinker: ((ok))
Flint: we did not
EvilGM: ((you will soon ))
Slowthinker: ((peacefully?))
Flint: ....in hell!!
Kazi: hopefully not in peace
Lalinlor Loth: someone big carry her gently back to the camp site
* Slowthinker picks her up gently
EvilGM: Maksim and Dima return with shovels and start working on burying the dead. Jinan goes to help them.
* Paul returns to camp, listening to whatever Slowthinker says in Elven.
* Slowthinker carefully carries her, avoiding the camp with the burnt bodies
EvilGM: Jinan takes his shovel and throws dirt over the blood-drawn sigils, kicking at them to erase them.
* Slowthinker isn't saying of substance, just trying to comfort her
EvilGM: Slowthinker and whoever accompanies him reach the camp without further incident.
Lalinlor Loth: ID the potions
* Flint follows Slowthinker back to camp
EvilGM: Jinan and the boys will finish burying the dead, then return to camp
Slowthinker: ((aaah, I can only see stuff around Quickblades))
Feliks: i suddenly can't see myself
Flint: something got screwed up?
Feliks: did you turn on a light source, QB?
Lalinlor Loth: give the cure light to quickblades ; with instructions as to what it is
Lalinlor Loth: give the enlarge to slowthinker
Lalinlor Loth: darkvision to felkis
Feliks: vision returns!
Lalinlor Loth: endure elements to paul
Lalinlor Loth: let them know that there are 2 I couldn't id
Lalinlor Loth: and will try again in the morning
EvilGM: Aben will offer to give it a shot on those two
* Slowthinker takes a look at the two
Slowthinker: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 10 + 7 = 17 » spellcraft
Slowthinker: « 1d20+7 ⇒ 20 + 7 = 27 » spellcraft
* Slowthinker should get one
EvilGM: invisibility
Lalinlor Loth: no wonder i didn'ty see it
Feliks: lol
Flint: (( haha ))
* Slowthinker smiles
EvilGM: Aben identifies the other as hide from undead
Flint: (( no wonder ***I*** didn't see it )))
Lalinlor Loth: our trapfinder should take the invisiblity potion
Flint: (( i mean... ))
Lalinlor Loth: Kazi; you should take the last one
Paul: Sure.
Slowthinker: People tend to notice me even when I'm invisible
Kazi: sure
Lalinlor Loth: I mean hold the potion and use when needed ; not take it now
Lalinlor Loth: just to clarify
* Kazi smiles
Kazi: I understand, friend
Paul: Oh, I also found these daggers.
EvilGM: ((does the cure light get used on the woman?))
Paul: They are elf-make. Maybe she can tell us about them when she comes around?
Kazi: Are we sure she is a friend to be arming her?
Slowthinker: ((Lalinor has 1 more healing spell, he said... probably better to use that))
Lalinlor Loth: she should be awake in the morning
Paul: Not arming her, but asking her about them.
Kazi: oh, I see
Lalinlor Loth: we need the rest as well
EvilGM: At this point, it is only about an hour to sundown, and since the boys didn't catch a deer, dinner is roasted potatoes and jerky.
Flint: let's bring her about in the morning
Flint: my head hurts, I need to go to bed
EvilGM: Blankets are found to give her a comfortable resting place.
* Slowthinker stays close to the elf, but agrees
Lalinlor Loth: set a good gaurd; good night
Slowthinker: ((it should be fun when she wakes up next to a goliath...))
EvilGM: ((sure, traumatize the poor girl further))
* Slowthinker doesn't think of himself as ugly
* Paul finds somewhere dry, close by the fire, and climbs in his bedroll.
EvilGM: Feodor takes first watch, Rayner 2nd, Lev volunteers for third in addition to what you guys set.
* Slowthinker will take last
* Flint volunteers for early morning watch
Feliks: 2nd
EvilGM: Kae will also join the 2nd watch, and tell Maksim to also take 1st and Dima to also take 3rd.
EvilGM: The night passes uneventfully.
EvilGM: at least until the end of 2nd watch
* Kazi awakes with a start
Kae: What's wrong?
Quickblades: Quickblades will take 1st
* Kazi looks confused, as if she is unsure where she's at, and feels very cold
* Kazi shivers
Slowthinker: ((when is this?))
Kazi: Do you have another blanket, Kae? I feel very cold!
EvilGM: Towards the end of 2nd watch.
* Kae offers you another blanket, wrapping it around your shoulders, then frowns.
Kae: Perhaps we should wake the healer.
* Kazi smiles in thanks
* Feliks feels her forehead
Kazi: No, I think it's all right
Kazi: Just strange dreams
Feliks: let's get you closer to the fire
* Kazi does not resist
* Kazi feels very warm after a few minutes, then shrugs off the blankets
Kazi: Too warm now
EvilGM: Rayner stays over by the horses, but keeps an eye on the camp
* Kazi sits and looks contemplatively into the flames
EvilGM: It's about time to wake the 3rd watch.
* Flint makes up, looking grumpy
Flint: ((wakes up*))
* Flint climbs atop a wagon, gun in his lap, looking over the camp
* Kazi is not sleepy, decides to stay awake
EvilGM: The rest of the night passes with little incident. Flint will catch glimpse of about four wolves looking at the camp, but they apparently decide the horses aren't worth it and vanish into the woods.
EvilGM: The sunrise is beautiful, and it looks to be a pleasant day.
* Kazi stretches and decides to do some tumbling
Lalinlor Loth: do my morning ritual
* Kazi rolls: 1d20+4 Tumble => 1 + 4 = 5
Kazi: and fails
Kazi: lol
Lalinlor Loth: check on the injured
* Slowthinker watches over the elf
EvilGM: Kazi lands on Feliks with an oof
Feliks: gah!
* Quickblades runs through some forms
Kazi: Sorry darlin'
* Kazi is deeply embarrassed
Slowthinker: ((what did those forms ever do to you?))
* Flint has his gun in pieces at the moment, cleaning each individual part before carefulyl reassembling it
EvilGM: ((GM reserves the right to make natural 1s on skill checks a critical failure if it suits her whim))
* Feliks rolls over to sleep some more
* Paul rolls out of bed, checks over his tools, making sure they are still clean as they were last night, and begins playing with a toy lock, picking it and then resealing it.
Lalinlor Loth: The elf is healing nicely and stillunconsis
* Slowthinker looks nonplussed
EvilGM: Feodor makes breakfast, 'accidentally' stepping on Feliks a couple times as he is very close to the campfire. He apologizes with a grin.
* Kazi grins too
Lalinlor Loth: lets go; daylight is wasting
Paul: Where are we going again?
Lalinlor Loth: into the tomb
Slowthinker: Not until she wakes up...
EvilGM: back into the cave my pretties.
Kazi: Um, to the cave?
Paul: Oh yes.
Paul: We had more to explore.
Paul: More profit.
Lalinlor Loth: she is still healing; another 10 hours at least
Slowthinker: Then speed it up.
Lalinlor Loth: she can stay here under the care and watch of the camp
EvilGM: Aben starts to say he'll be joining you, but Kae puts a hand on his shoulder and says 'we'll stay up here and keep going over what you found yesterday'
* Kazi snorts
Slowthinker: If it helps you decide, she may know something about what happened to them... which could put all of our camp in danger, too.
Slowthinker: I, for one, would want to know about it if most of the warriors were leaving for the day.
Quickblades: I think it may be best if you all made a "day camp" down in front of the enterance to the tomb.
* Slowthinker glances around at the caravanners
Slowthinker: (caravaneers? Sounds like a thin coating of caravan))
Kae: I disagree. Up here we could get moving faster. Down there, we'd be trapped by the cliffs and sea if anything happens.
Kazi: I think you underestimate a bit the resourcefulness of said caravaners
Kae: Plus we could pull you up if something did happen and you had to get out quickly.
Lalinlor Loth: Slow; after what you went through yesterday; I am more concerned about keeping you alive than getting information from an elf
Slowthinker: I think you underestimate them, if you think they wouldn't want to know what happened.
* Slowthinker grimaces
Lalinlor Loth: I will need to be at my full abilites if we have a repeat of yesterday; or we will have someone I can't heal
* Kazi shrugs
Slowthinker: And I am more concerned with her well-being than mine, at the moment.
Lalinlor Loth: and I don't like digging holes
Kazi: They don't seem overly concerned
Paul: Didn't we find a potion of healing?
* Aben sighs
* Flint tugs on Slowthinker's knee.
Flint: c'mon. she'll be ok.
* Aben rummages around in his pack and pulls out a vial.
* Slowthinker glances down
Kazi: (( we need that for us more than her ))
Aben: this should do the trick.
Lalinlor Loth: I am more concrened about the survial of my companions than of someone who tried to kill us
* Aben lifts her head and gently pours it down her throat.
EvilGM: A moment later, she coughs and opens her eyes
* Slowthinker looks down at her
Slowthinker: (elven) Are you all right?
Faelivrin: ((speaking elvish)) what? who?
* Kazi rolls her eyes, crosses her arms, and prepares to wait
Lalinlor Loth: Speak common please
* Faelivrin looks confused, then a look of horror crosses her face and she sits up, gazing about the camp
* Flint takes a seat.
Kazi: Surprise!
Lalinlor Loth: We found 6 bodies ; we buried them
Faelivrin: the others? Where are they?
Slowthinker: (elvish) I am ... Throzair. Who are you?
Lalinlor Loth: SPeak common please
Slowthinker: Were you from the camp down the cliff?
* Slowthinker ignores Lalinor
Faelivrin: ((switches to common)) I'm Faelivrin. The others are dead? All of them?
Lalinlor Loth: we found and buried 6 bodies
Slowthinker: Six of them...
Faelivrin: only 6?
Slowthinker: How many were there?
* Faelivrin she looks slightly relieved
* Slowthinker switched to common when she did
Paul: We thought there would be total, but we only found seven.
Paul: 8*
Faelivrin: one may have escaped then
Slowthinker: Why were you here?
Lalinlor Loth: would you like to go look for him?
Faelivrin: we were looking for you....please, did they catch my sister?
Lalinlor Loth: the remains of your camp are to the south east
Lalinlor Loth: we only found male bodies
* Faelivrin closes her eyes and murmurs a prayer in elvish
Lalinlor Loth: about half an hours walk
Faelivrin: she must have escaped then. We both ran, but I got hit
Lalinlor Loth: hit by what?
Slowthinker: Who attacked you?
Flint: (( a gnome ... with a gun ... ))
Faelivrin: I don't know. At first I thought it was you, but....well you treated Toralin honorably enough. When they attacked without warning, I knew it must be them.
Paul: Them?
Paul: Who are they?
Lalinlor Loth: lets giuve her some food and drink
Lalinlor Loth: she needs to eat to regain the rest of her strenght
Faelivrin: I don't know what they call themselves. They want something that is inside the cave. We don't want them to have it.
Faelivrin: We don't even care what it is, if they want it that badly, it can't be good.
Slowthinker: And why were you looking for us?
Faelivrin: To stop you from opening the cave.
Kazi: A little late for that (mutters)
* Faelivrin sighs.
Slowthinker: Well, the cave is open now, and they killed your friends...
Faelivrin: they'll let you do the hard work, then they'll attack you and take it from you.
Slowthinker: Are you still going to fight us?
* Faelivrin shakes her head.
Kazi: (( we've been Indiana Jonesed!!! ))
Faelivrin: we never wanted to fight you. Just scare you off.
Lalinlor Loth: can we talk this evening ; we have work to do today; think over your questions and answers
Kazi: So that's why you attacked and nearly killed one of us?
Aben: I can question her further.
Kazi: To scare us off?
* Kazi looks a bit offended
Kazi: Oh wait, and KILLED one of us
Faelivrin: We shot at you, but we never intended to kill any of you.
Quickblades: Well, it woudl seem a reasonable way to scare a group of archeologists off...
* Kazi looks apologetically at the Amareth
Paul: Let's be careful today though. I don't want to end up on the business end of a dagger.
Faelivrin: Toralin said you were attacked, and the attackers tried to kill him as well. That wasn't us.
Kazi: What about the boulder rolling?
Faelivrin: That wasn't us.
Lalinlor Loth: if you are feeling whell when we get back the goliaths will read you poetry writen by orcs; it's amazing
* Kazi snorts
Quickblades: Um. I don't know any orcish poetry. Though now that you mention it, perhaps I could learn some...
Faelivrin: We destroyed the bridge.
Lalinlor Loth: we built a new one; lets go; time is wasting ; we have a deadline
Slowthinker: Orcish poetry is a bit ... crude, from what little I've heard. I'm not sure it's different from their cursing...
Faelivrin: please, just reseal that damn place and go.
* Kazi finds it hard to believe that she agrees with her strange companion
Slowthinker: It may be too late to re-seal it.
* Faelivrin sighs, then lays back and goes silent.
Paul: Anyways, nobody will steal from us.
Lalinlor Loth: can't ; have a job to do; we are finding the truth ; regardless of who doesn't like it
Lalinlor Loth: including me
Flint: I blew the entrance up with 5/8ths a mega-charge of black powder.
Flint: Can't really "re-seal" that.
Quickblades: We also have discovered that there are other ways into the tomb
* Faelivrin doesn't respond. Tears flow from her eyes.
Feliks: Did you guys leave me any food?
Lalinlor Loth: we should go before you guys give her anymore information and we have to keep her areound
Feliks: Hey, pretty elf lady!
Feliks: glad to see you're up!
* Kazi rolls her eyes
* Flint looks ready to go down below
Kazi: Glad to see you're up and about at last
EvilGM: Breakfast is served, and ropes are positioned to help you lot climb down.
Feliks: did YOU save me food?
Slowthinker: If you're going to try to dissuade us, don't bother. But if you know anything that could help, now woudl be the time to tell us.
Kazi: Yes, of course
* Faelivrin gazes at Slowthinker through tear-filled eyes
Feliks: aw man, this was what we had for dinner
Faelivrin: They use fire. And they like causing pain.
Kazi: Beggars can't be choosers
Lalinlor Loth: would you rather of had what the other camp had for dinner?
* Slowthinker nods
Kazi: nor can those who choose to sleep in
* Kazi winks
Slowthinker: When we get back, I will help you find your sister, if she has not yet returned.
Faelivrin: They can imbue themselves with the powers of the old ones. Sacrifices make them strnger.
Faelivrin: stronger.
* Slowthinker frowns
Kazi: These Old Ones seem to be a rather seedy lot
Jinan: That's why we got rid of the daemon worshippers.
* Kazi glances at Jinan, rolls her eyes
Slowthinker: Yes...
Lalinlor Loth: wispers - history is written by the victors
Paul: Sacrifice of others is disgusting.
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+7 Climb => 11 + 7 = 18
Paul: If we find this book, maybe we can learn of their secrets.
Slowthinker: « 1d20+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 » listen
Lalinlor Loth: but sacrifice of self is noble
Faelivrin: and do what with those secrets?
Faelivrin: power corrupts.
Paul: Well, who knows?
* Faelivrin sighs.
Paul: Point is, we won't if we just seal that cave, and they'll get to them anyways.
* Kazi moves apart from the group and looks to be praying again, since she has turned a little green at the prospect of the climb
Faelivrin: Even seeing what they do, you'll still continue on.
* Faelivrin sighs.
Faelivrin: go
Slowthinker: Someone has to stop them.
Lalinlor Loth: Climb
* Lalinlor Loth rolls: 1d20 -2 Climb => 16 - 2 = 14
EvilGM: thus far, no one has fallen down the cliff. But since the ropes are there, it's only a DC 5
Paul: take 10 for 18.
* Slowthinker rolls: 1d20+9 climb => 17 + 9 = 26
* Slowthinker dances down the ropes once again
* Quickblades rolls: 1d20+7 Climb => 6 + 7 = 13
* Flint is a-skeered!
Flint: « 1d20-2 ⇒ 9 - 2 = 7 » Climb
EvilGM: Everyone gets down safely. (switching maps now.)
Lalinlor Loth: gogo; we wasted enough time
EvilGM: ((make sure if you have a light source it is active))
EvilGM: ((everyone on the cavern map now?))
Kazi: yep
Flint: (( ooc ))
Flint: (( yep ))
* Flint lights a torch
Kazi: (( yep ))
Kazi: (( sheesh ))
EvilGM: ((I don't see Quickblades anywhere))
Slowthinker: ((he seems to have a different pic))
* Paul suggests heading right here
* Paul searches for traps
Kazi: (( ack! ))
Slowthinker: ((nack))
Lalinlor Loth: ((hack00
EvilGM: ((smack))
Paul: There was a trap here, but someone disarmed it. Not recently though.
Slowthinker: Wasn't you?
Paul: Nope. We didn't check this route yesterday.
Slowthinker: Then maybe someone's ahead of us.
Paul: And anyways, see this rust.
Paul: It was done years ago.
Slowthinker: I see...
Lalinlor Loth: the trap disarm; I assume
Feliks: that other party we found dead?
Paul: Yes, it is disarmed, so let's move forward.
Feliks: what's our order?
* Slowthinker was planning on similar to before
EvilGM: position yourselves
Paul: There are markings here. Look about as aged and rusted as the old trap disarmings
Paul: there's a corpse here.
Slowthinker: How old?
* Quickblades stays right behind Paul, in case he needs some assistance.
Paul: Ah. I believe this is where our esteemed predecessor got a little careless.
EvilGM: mostly bones now.
Paul: Paul is going to search extensively for traps
* Slowthinker keeps an eye out behind us
EvilGM: It's leather armor is rotted away, but it's sword, a ivory pommeled steel gladius, still looks in good condition
Paul: Ah.. well.. lucky for us. it's rib cage is lodged in the trap mechanism.
Paul: Not a tactic I recommend, by the way.
Kazi: (( grab sword? ))
Paul: Free sword, for anyone inclined to grab it.
Lalinlor Loth: please take it; we need to suplment our income
Kazi: (( noted ))
Lalinlor Loth: and it is a historical artifact
Kazi: QB
Kazi: can ya move, we're in a pileup
Quickblades: sorry
Kazi: np
Kazi: lol
EvilGM: Paul found a secret door. It does appear to be locked.
Quickblades: ((I'm trying to fix my alias file now...))
* Paul checks the secret door for traps.
Feliks: i can see the DM's eye's glinting in anticipation of an AoE attack against us like this
EvilGM: ((muahahahahaha)
* Slowthinker looks up his reflex save modifier and cringes
Paul: The secret door is trapped.
Paul: Okay...
Feliks: back us off?
Paul: I'm going to suggest everybody backs up.
Feliks: see?
Feliks: you're too impatient, Kazi
Paul: I'll give you the all clear when it's disarmed.
Lalinlor Loth: or when there is an explosion
Quickblades: Ok, is it a fire trap?
Quickblades: back up a bit further guys.
Lalinlor Loth: SONIC
Feliks: entering Flame's Blessing stance: Fire Resistance 5
Paul: No, if I fail, I will be killed by a falling stone, and it will roll down the corridor.
Slowthinker: ((this is when the tower shield would come in handy ))
Quickblades: I can dig him out if it is rocks. But if it shoots a gout of flame, this hallway is going to channel it
Quickblades: Oh, nevermind then.
Feliks: can we brace the ceiling, then?
Paul: That's whhat I'm gonna try.
Paul: But it's rigged.
Slowthinker: ((probably what his disable device check is for))
Paul: That's why it's a trap.
Paul: Here goes.
Feliks: or a big strong goliath holds it up for him?
Flint: (( gogo, Evasion ))
Paul: Okay, we're clear.
Paul: It's all good now.
EvilGM: the door is still locked
Flint: Famous last words, I'm sure!
Paul: Yes.
Quickblades: Would you like me to open the door once you have it unlocked... just in case?
Paul: Open lock, take 20, for 33
Quickblades: I set one of these off before, and lived.
EvilGM: lock clicks open
Paul: QB, if you would like to open the door, you may be my guest.
* Quickblades opens the door
EvilGM: Init time
Quickblades: Ok, I'm not crushed... again.
Feliks: +5
Quickblades: Initiative: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 14 + 3 = 17 »
Feliks: +4
Quickblades: Oh, you roll that, correct?
Feliks: sorry
Flint: GM rolls init for us
Quickblades: +3
Kazi: +2
Paul: +3
Flint: Flint is +2
Feliks: no, it is +5
Lalinlor Loth: +1 for the healer of DOOM
Quickblades: ((I have my leveled character sheets in pdf format for you if you would like them Jocelyn))
EvilGM: ((did anyone's init change from what it was last session, if so, give me the new number))
Quickblades: Not mine.
Flint: nope
* Slowthinker has the same horrible mod
Flint: you're reactive, not proactive?
EvilGM: Paul, Quickblades, Feliks, Flint, Kazi, Lalinlor, Skeletons, Slowthinker, and the GM must go afk for one sec
* Slowthinker thinks slow
EvilGM: Go Paul
EvilGM: This room is empty save for a thick coat of dust and a pile of bones.
Paul: Paul chooses to delay his action, letting others rush into battle.
Paul: oh
Paul: Okay
Paul: Paul moves into the room.
EvilGM: ((sorry, wrong room))
Paul: What do I see after 1 move action?
EvilGM: This room obviously used to be a barracks of some kind. A guttering light source sits atop a table.
Paul: The bones do not appear to be animated, correct?
EvilGM: Oh, they are animated. And headed towards you.
Paul: Ah
Paul: Well then, I draw my rapier and retreat the 20 feet I just moved, and yell "Skeletons up here!"
EvilGM: Quickblades then Feliks
Lalinlor Loth: moving?
* Quickblades brings the pain
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+7+MOD ⇒ 11 + 7 + -2 = 16 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 4 + 2 = 9 »
Quickblades: No AP
EvilGM: crunch
Quickblades: (Shouting) WE GOT 5 SKELETONS!
EvilGM: Feliks then Flint
Quickblades: MAKE THAT 4 SKELETONS
Quickblades: ((done))
Feliks: ready move to hold Kazi back if she attempts to advance
Feliks: and done
Kazi: (( that's still 5 ))
EvilGM: ((nope, still 5 skeletons. There were 6))
EvilGM: ((Quickblades failed his intelligence check ))
Quickblades: ((didn't have the map centered properly))
Quickblades: hehe
EvilGM: Flint then Kazi
* Flint hustles up the hall.
Flint: (double move, done)
EvilGM: Kazi then Lalinlor
* Kazi tries to move
Kazi: Hey, what's the deal?
EvilGM: Lalinlor then the bad things
Lalinlor Loth: done
EvilGM: At Lalinlor « 1d20+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 » for « 1d4+1 ⇒ 1 + 1 = 2 »
Slowthinker: ((they're not trying to hurt you very hard, Lalinor... ))
EvilGM: At Quickblades - « 1d20+1 ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 » for « 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
EvilGM: At Quickblades - « 1d20+1 ⇒ 9 + 1 = 10 » for « 1d4+1 ⇒ 3 + 1 = 4 »
EvilGM: Obviously, these guys died of shame at their fighting prowess.
EvilGM: Slowthinker, then Paul
* Slowthinker moves up to cover the healer who is, for some reason, wading into the thick of it
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2 ⇒ 14 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 19 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 8 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 18 »
EvilGM: Crunch
EvilGM: Paul then Quickblades
Paul: Paul is going to hold on his action, letting the big guys have their fun.
Quickblades: TASTE STEEL SUCKERS
EvilGM: Quickblades then Feliks
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 18 + 5 + -2 = 21 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 8 + 4 + 2 = 14 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 17 + 5 + -2 = 20 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 »
Quickblades: On 2 seperate guys, if possible
EvilGM: Crunch, smush
EvilGM: Feliks then Flint
Feliks: steps aside, guarding rear
Quickblades: thx
EvilGM: Flint then Kazi
Flint: (( not to be outdone, levels a shot at Skelly 4 ))
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 3 + 6 + 0 = 9 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1+dmg ⇒ 9 + 1 + 0 = 10 »
* Flint curses
Flint: (done)
Kazi: Geez, Feliks!
Quickblades: My small friend, don't waste your weapon. They are mostly air...
* Kazi moves past
Kazi: done
Kazi: oh
Kazi: wait
Kazi: sorry
EvilGM: Lalinlor
Kazi: lol
Kazi: I nned to attackz0r
Kazi: lol
Flint: you're 45' from the closest bad guy
Kazi: (( I have range, bitch! ))
Feliks: she has eldritch powers, dood
Kazi: (( but I am having some issues ))
Kazi: (( so nevermind ))
Flint: ( I thought we weren't using our eldritch powers )
Flint: did we sjkip Lalinlor?
Lalinlor Loth: no; I am doing stuff you can't see or understand
Flint: k
Kazi: (( I have a xbow ))
Kazi: (( sheesh ))
EvilGM: at Feliks « 1d20+3 ⇒ 16 + 3 = 19 » for « 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
Feliks: ((your little gnomish mind cannot hope to comprehend his madness!))
Feliks: behind us!
Flint: (( I think I could, but I didn't see him type anything ))
EvilGM: and will Feliks kindly give me a fort save?
Lalinlor Loth: done
EvilGM: Skeleton 6 runs into the corner and a moment later bursts into flames
Slowthinker: ((do we get AOOs?))
Slowthinker: ((or I guess it doesn't matter))
EvilGM: ((Quickblades does, if he wants))
Quickblades: taking it
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+7+MOD ⇒ 12 + 7 + -2 = 17 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 1 + 4 + 2 = 7 »
Feliks: can i take my rear guard action, or am i dead?
Flint: ((Are Saving Throws supposed to be /grm?))
Kazi: yep
Lalinlor Loth: even /rgm
EvilGM: Skellies are dead, Feliks took an owie.
Feliks: readied action?
Kazi: OH NO!
EvilGM: Feliks can take his action now if he wants.
EvilGM: Then Slowthinker, then Paul
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 15 + 6 + -1 = 20 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 5 + 1 + 0 = 6 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
EvilGM: oooh, but you've pissed it off now. It hisses at you
EvilGM: Slowthinker, then Paul
* Slowthinker hears the shouts and commotion behind them and turns around...
Feliks: well, it pissed me off
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2 ⇒ 11 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 6 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 16 »
Quickblades: ((take your 5 ft step...))
Slowthinker: ap... sure
Slowthinker: « 1d6 ⇒ 2 »
Slowthinker: 18 to hit
EvilGM: hit, and it's looking in bad shape
Kazi: (( you need to set an anchor point around the corner, just fyi ))
Feliks: ((Feliks is staying between it and Kazi))
EvilGM: Paul then Quickblades
Slowthinker: ((did you take a 5-ft step north then?))
Feliks: staying where i am
Feliks: ((thought someone was suggesting moving SW))
Slowthinker: ((someone was))
Feliks: (()
Paul: Seeing slowthinker run by, Paul decides the room is safe.
Quickblades: What's going on back there bro?
Paul: Paul starts checking the room for interesting items.
Quickblades: ((like traps))
Slowthinker: Tougher undead, I think...
EvilGM: Quickblades, then Flint
Quickblades: how many?
Slowthinker: 1?
Quickblades: I don't think I can get to it.
Quickblades: ((done))
EvilGM: Flint then Kazi
* Flint reloads, and stays where he is. Done.
EvilGM: Kazi then Lalinlor
Kazi: What is with you damned tall people getting in my way?
* Kazi readies an action, holds, done
EvilGM: Lalinlor, then I get to kill Feliks, muahahahaha
Lalinlor Loth: Detect Magic
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Detect Magic
Lalinlor Loth: sorry; I can't get to you in tight quarters
Lalinlor Loth: ((can't end my turn in the same square as you
Lalinlor Loth: ((do you have a backup char ready?))
Quickblades: ((I could really use one of Egg's eggs of healing...))
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 4 + -1 = 7 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 + 0 = 7 »
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+1+MOD ⇒ 10 + 1 + -1 = 10 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 0 = 4 »
Feliks: oh well
EvilGM: At Feliks - « 1d20+3 ⇒ 2 + 3 = 5 » for « 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 » for AoO
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+14 Tumble => 9 + 14 = 23
Feliks: whatevs
Feliks: done
Kazi: (( me me me? ))
EvilGM: ((okay, take your action))
Slowthinker: ?
Feliks: ?
Slowthinker: ((oh, right, readied))
* Kazi mutters under her breath about tall people always getting in her damned way
Kazi: she climbs straight up the wall around said annoying people
EvilGM: ((not climb, more like just walks))
Flint: (( I is scared of Kazi!!!!!! ))
Kazi: blasting away
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 10 + 4 + 1 = 15 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 11 + 1 = 12 »
Kazi: touch
EvilGM: thingy is dead
EvilGM: end init
Lalinlor Loth: Search
Kazi: Feliks, are you ok????
* Feliks is a bit pale
Lalinlor Loth: Search
Feliks: ((and bloodied))
* Slowthinker casts a spell...
Paul: Search
Lalinlor Loth: Search
EvilGM: Paul finds a sword, Lalinlor finds a couple long-rusted scimitars
EvilGM: whatever else was in this room is decayed beyond recognizability.
* Quickblades looks over the centerpiece in the large room.
* Paul brings out a very well crafted shortsword.
Lalinlor Loth: the table has magic on it
* Feliks sits down
Quickblades: Any hidden doors?
* Kazi walks back onto the floor and joins the rest of the party
EvilGM: The light-source on the table seems to be just a continual flame spell, nearly spent.
Paul: Yep
Paul: There's one over here
Feliks: ((afk, brb))
Flint: Why... Why would you be scared of climbing down a cliff if you could have just walked down it? (to Kazi)
EvilGM: The spell is actually cast on a small silver figurine, you can pick it up and take it with you if you want.
Lalinlor Loth: into the bag with it
Kazi: Mr. Lalinlor, Feliks seems to be a bit hurt by a creature we fought in the hall, if you might be able to render aid
Quickblades: Hey, Lali, check this figurine out.
Lalinlor Loth: he has been drained; it is currently beyond my abilities; the damage I can take care of
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Minor wounds
Paul: Hey, this is a silver shortsword.... it's too big for me, but we should recover it as an historic artifact. The hilt is quite careful.
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Minor wounds Felkis « 1+5 ⇒ 1 + 5 = 6 »
Paul: carefully crafted*
Paul: and the sword is of excellent manufacture.
Kazi: (to Flint) The fact that I can climb safely does nothing to assuage the fear!
Lalinlor Loth: yes; it has a eternal flame spell cast on it ; we should take it with
Paul: Sorry, it's not silver.. it's even better.
Paul: Moonsilver.
Quickblades: Let me have a look at the shortsword?
* Paul gets a little hushed as he looks it over.
* Paul hands the sword to Quickblades.
Feliks: thanks, Lal
Lalinlor Loth: In order for Felkis to fully recover; he must either wait and regen naturally or be affected by a restoration type spell
Quickblades: ((how does it look compared to my Wakizashi))
* Kazi nods
Kazi: My thanks, Lalinlor
* Kazi manages a somewhat friendly smile
EvilGM: ((it's moonsilver of masterwork quality, but ultimately the same sort of blade game-rule wise)
EvilGM: ((moonsilver = mithral))
Feliks: guess I'll sleep in tomorrow, too
Kazi: I suppose you've earned it
* Kazi smiles fondly at Feliks
Lalinlor Loth: There may be a lesser restoration potion back at camp
Quickblades: If nobody else wants it...
Lalinlor Loth: but I do not have one
Feliks: I'll be fine
EvilGM: ((it is a historical artifact, so Aben may want to add it to the collection))
* Paul checks the secret door for traps.
Lalinlor Loth: but in the mean time feel free to test it out; for you know curses
* Quickblades will hold onto it until we head back out.
Lalinlor Loth: search
Paul: Open Lock (take 20): 33
Quickblades: How's this secret door going Paul?
Paul: Well, the skeleton set off the trap. I'm just getting around to working on the lock.
Slowthinker: You guys all right back here?
* Kazi is keeping a close eye on Feliks
Feliks: just covering Lal.
EvilGM: Paul got the door open
EvilGM: Or is Paul actually opening the door?
Paul: The way forward is open. Let's gather before moving forth.
Slowthinker: Let's not get left behind...
Paul: Paul is just unlocking it.
Quickblades: I'll open the door.
Kazi: whatcha doing Lalinlor?
Lalinlor Loth: it's clear back here; nothing of intrest or value on the wright
Flint: Hey! Another door down here!
Kazi: that beastie was gross
Quickblades: I'm going to wait for backup though.
Kazi: what's a wright?
Slowthinker: A lot tougher than the skeletons, too.
Lalinlor Loth: it's called a wright; they have attacks that drain abilites and experiance
Slowthinker: And it waited until we started fighting them before it attacked us.
Kazi: That is most dangerous
Lalinlor Loth: they are much tougher than the skelatons
* Kazi nods
Slowthinker: ((does he actually say "Wright" instead of "wight"?))
Quickblades: You didn't seem to have too much trouble with it Kazi.
Lalinlor Loth: my abilities to turn undead are currently not normally good enough to make them flee
Quickblades: All you Paul
Kazi: (( did QB see this? ))
Feliks: ((he was close))
Quickblades: ((Yes, I was between you and Flint))
Kazi: (( ok, I lost track ))
Paul: search
* Kazi shrugs
Kazi: Magic seems to do the trick more often than not
Kazi: And Feliks was in trouble
EvilGM: ((use the AIM chat for OOC talk))
Feliks: I had it handled
Quickblades: ((I didn't get in...))
Slowthinker: ((aim chat?))
* Kazi gives Feliks a look
* Feliks is oblivious.
* Paul continues, having not found any traps at the intersection.
Kazi: Better safe than sorry, Feliks
Feliks: peeking around corner
EvilGM: ((no traps found yet))
Paul: ((searching intersections and doors, as always, +10 mod if you just want to roll for me))
Feliks: i'll watch here until ST gets to me
Paul: It's a dead end this way.
Feliks: yep. dead end
Paul: ((another dead end??)
Slowthinker: Why trap the secret door?
Slowthinker: if it's just dead ends back here?
Paul: ah, a locked, trapped secret door.
Quickblades: back it up people
Paul: Back up, so that I am the only casualty should this go awry.
EvilGM: The trap appears to have been successfully disarmed
Paul: Open Lock, take 20 for 33.
Quickblades: I'll open that for you.
Feliks: anyone for a game of chess while he takes 20?
Paul: Okay.
Paul: It's only 2 minutes.
Feliks: I'm not that good
EvilGM: Door appears to be unlocked
* Quickblades opens the door
Kazi: Do you want to play a game of questions?
Quickblades: People.... Focus.
Slowthinker: How does one play questions?
Feliks: How do you play?
Slowthinker: ...
Feliks: Can we focus?
* Kazi giggles
Flint: HOLY CRAP!!!!!
Feliks: What's up there?
Quickblades: OMG!!!! THERE IS A GIANT QUESTION MARK DEFENDING THIS ROOM FROM INTRUDERS SUCH AS OURSELVES!!!!
Feliks: ((i see the image))
EvilGM: ((is zombie question mark))
Kazi: I see tall people
Quickblades: ((does it look like it is the talkative type of undead???))
Feliks: ((it looks like the roll init kind of undead))
Zombie - Giant: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnghhhhhhhh
* Slowthinker is suddenly focused
Slowthinker: That... is one huge zombie...
Paul: Why don't we back up, and just shoot it from afar?
* Lalinlor Loth now that would be a minion
Flint: umm, I doubt I have enough bullets....
Lalinlor Loth: probably can't get into the cramped hall
Slowthinker: Watch behind us.
Paul: Exactly. I've got arrows too.
Quickblades: Just remember that it is mostly air. Arrows are not really appropriate.
Paul: (zombie, not skeleton, right?))
Slowthinker: ((so, about that kind of undead it was...))
Lalinlor Loth: it's a zombie giant ...
EvilGM: Quickblades, Lalinlor, Paul, Feliks, Kazi, Flint, huge thing, Slowthinker
Quickblades: I don't think it is going to be interested in a game of questions, or chess.
EvilGM: This room appears to have once been a kitchen of some kind. Old pots, some little more than rust, are still scattered around a stone firepit. The room is oddly warm.
Kazi: Looks kind of mean
* Quickblades took a step back
Lalinlor Loth: big; dumb ; strong and slow- remind you of anyone
EvilGM: The massive pile of mishappen rotted flesh stands up with a groan and lunges at the door.
EvilGM: Quickblades, then Lalinlor
Quickblades: Awe hell.
* Quickblades carefully moves partway around the creature.
Zombie - Giant: braaaaaaaaaaaaains
Quickblades: And ATTACKS
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+7+MOD ⇒ 17 + 7 + 0 = 24 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 6 + 4 + 0 = 10 »
EvilGM: It does get an AoO if you do that
Flint: it's not flatfooted?
Flint: and therefore no AOO?
EvilGM: 2 minutes to pick the lock?
Flint: okay, but if it was just gettiong up just now
EvilGM: That was my pre-written text, it's ready
Quickblades: Ok, I'll just 5/ft to the front of the doorway then.
EvilGM: sorry
Quickblades: ((but I'll do a full attack.))
EvilGM: your first attack hit
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 7 + 5 + 0 = 12 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 0 = 5 »
EvilGM: your blade glances off it's flesh, dealing no damage
Quickblades: ((My first attack would have been at -2))
Kazi: uh oh
EvilGM: Lalinlor then Paul
Lalinlor Loth: Sanctuary
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Sanctuary on self
Quickblades: ((no change to the dmg though.))
Lalinlor Loth: done
EvilGM: Paul then Feliks
Paul: Paul takes out his shortbow, and fires, being sure not to hit Quickblades.
Paul: attack « 1d20+2 ⇒ 3 + 2 = 5 » damage « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Lalinlor Loth: ap?
Feliks: lol
Paul: I'll pass.
EvilGM: Feliks then Kazi
Zombie - Giant: heeeeeeeeeeeeh
Feliks: hold
Flint: "is it laughing"?
EvilGM: Kazi then Flint
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 12 + 4 + 1 = 17 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Kazi: oh, that SUCKS
Zombie - Giant: hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeh
Kazi: done
* Flint fires!
EvilGM: Flint, then Zombie, then Slowthinker
* Flint fires his musket! (Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5+atk ⇒ 20 + 5 + 0 = 25 »
Damage: «
 1d10+dmg ⇒ 3 + 0 = 3 »
Flint: oh hell, way to waste a 20
EvilGM: ((ya hit.))
Flint: (done)
* Zombie - Giant smashes a fist down at Quickblades « 1d20+9 ⇒ 14 + 9 = 23 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 »
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Quickblades
Feliks: ow
Quickblades: OUCH!
EvilGM: ((opps, it's to hit is +8, oh well))
* Slowthinker was going to delay until after quickblades... but he realized he can't approach a creature with reach without provoking...
Quickblades: ((still would hit...))
EvilGM: ((I know))
* Slowthinker mutters something and moves forward with great speed
Slowthinker: ((is that a legal square to occupy?))
EvilGM: yep
Slowthinker: ((may as well take my full move then))
EvilGM: AoO - « 1d20+8 ⇒ 4 + 8 = 12 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 5 + 5 = 10 »
Kazi: (( I don't think zombies get combat reflexes, do they? ))
EvilGM: oooooh...miss
Kazi: (( oh, nm ))
Feliks: feliks will go now
* Slowthinker miraculously is missed
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2 ⇒ 5 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 10 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 10 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 20 »
Feliks: if possible
* Slowthinker does get an attack... but misses
EvilGM: Feliks can go
Slowthinker: ((what about quickblades?))
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 16 + 6 + -1 = 21 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 + 0 = 3 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 2 + 1 = 3 »
Feliks: ((I was holding my action, chose to go after you, ST))
EvilGM: The scent of charred zombie-flesh fills the air
* Kazi wrinkles her nose
EvilGM: Quickblades then Lalinlor
Quickblades: Arg!
Quickblades: Drinks down the cure potion
Zombie - Giant: uuungh
Slowthinker: ((sure, hold your action to go after the guy with a worse AC and fewer HP... ))
Lalinlor Loth: it got fed to the dork back in town
EvilGM: ((do I get an AoO for you drinking the potion?))
Feliks: ((if it has combat reflexes))
Slowthinker: ((and if he has a potion...))
Flint: (( already had an AOO this round ))
EvilGM: ((nope, never mind))
EvilGM: ((I think he has a potion))
Quickblades: ((I don't know which potion it is. I think it s a CLW)))
EvilGM: ((yep))
Quickblades: « 1d8+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 »
EvilGM: Lalinlor then Paul
Slowthinker: ((+5?))
EvilGM: ((it's a +1 on the potion))
Quickblades: ((ok, then 8, not 12))
Lalinlor Loth: ((i GET + 5 CAUSE OF THE HEALER CLASS
Feliks: ((YEAH, BOYEE!))
EvilGM: ((caps lock malfunction))
Flint: Flank quick guideseems appropriate right now) ..... You and a an ally are flanking an opponent if an invisible line through your 2 squares' centers pass through opposite sides of the target's square
Slowthinker: ((just because you have a cha of 20...))
Lalinlor Loth: hold
EvilGM: Paul then Kazi
Paul: hold
EvilGM: Kazi then Flint
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 7 + 4 + 1 = 12 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 10 + 1 = 11 »
Kazi: touch
EvilGM: The magical energy slams into the thing, and it makes a screechy noise
EvilGM: Flint then bad thingy
* Flint steps forward, drawing his pistol, and fires
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 18 + 6 + 0 = 24 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1+dmg ⇒ 5 + 1 + 0 = 6 »
Flint: (done)
EvilGM: the bullet slams into the thing
EvilGM: The zombie directs it's fist towards the guy with the fire-sword « 1d20+8 ⇒ 7 + 8 = 15 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 3 + 5 = 8 »
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Feliks
* Slowthinker steps to the side slightly and hammers (swords) into it again
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2 ⇒ 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 11 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 8 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 18 »
Slowthinker: ap
EvilGM: okay
Slowthinker: « 1d6+2 ⇒ 4 + 2 = 6 » for flank
Slowthinker: 17?
EvilGM: ((hit))
Slowthinker: ((done))
EvilGM: Feliks then Quickblades
Feliks: 2 Weapon Rapier: « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 20 + 4 + 1 = 25 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 + 0 = 3 »
Feliks: 2 Weapon Claw Bracer: « 1d20+1+MOD ⇒ 20 + 1 + 1 = 22 » Damage: « 1d4+MOD ⇒ 1 + 0 = 1 »
Feliks: done
* Quickblades attacks
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 17 + 5 + -2 = 20 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 4 + 2 = 10 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 19 + 5 + -2 = 22 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 »
Quickblades: ((done))
EvilGM: your blades strike true
EvilGM: Lalinlor then Paul
Quickblades: ((do we get flanking bonus on this guy?))
Flint: yes, you 3 do
Lalinlor Loth: done
Paul: hold
EvilGM: Kazi
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 10 + 1 = 11 »
EvilGM: Then Flint
Kazi: hmmm, that's touch AC
EvilGM: ((the part of Lalinlor will now be played by the GM))
EvilGM: ((yep, it hit))
* Flint spends the round reloading. He's done.
EvilGM: ((Matt1 isn't feeling well))
Kazi: k, done
EvilGM: Zombie smashes a fist at Slowthinker « 1d20+8 ⇒ 20 + 8 = 28 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 »
EvilGM: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 2 + 8 = 10 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 7 + 5 = 12 »
EvilGM: fails to confirm crit
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Feliks
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 1 + 5 + 0 = 6 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 8 + 4 + 2 = 14 »
Quickblades: Sorry,
Quickblades: Wrong goliath
Quickblades: hehe
EvilGM: ((yeah, that natural 1 still counted ))
EvilGM: Slowthinker attacks
Slowthinker: ((back))
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2 ⇒ 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 11 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 11 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 21 »
* Slowthinker misses
Feliks: ap?
EvilGM: ((Slowthinker is not having good luck against zombies))
* Slowthinker hit last time... but no, just leveled; don't want to spend all my APs
EvilGM: Feliks then Quickblades (who rolled a nat 1 muahahahahaha )
Slowthinker: ((seems whenever I miss is when I roll good damage though))
EvilGM: ((that's the way it works))
Feliks: refocus my maneuvers to regain Berunung Blade, and done
EvilGM: Quickblades, then Lalinlor
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 17 + 5 + 0 = 22 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 9 + 4 + 2 = 15 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 3 + 5 + 0 = 8 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 »
Quickblades: ((No AP))
Lalinlor Loth: Cure Light Wounds
Quickblades: ((Oh, so I got that nat 1...))
Lalinlor Loth: Cast Cure Light Wounds on Quickblades « 1d8+5 ⇒ 6 + 5 = 11 »
Slowthinker: ((shouldn't your CLW be doing more than that?))
EvilGM: ((roll 1d4 for me Quickblades))
EvilGM: ((I don't know, he had to go lay down. Lunch did not agree with him))
Quickblades: « 1d4 ⇒ 3 »
EvilGM: ((no critical miss, just a miss))
EvilGM: Paul then Kazi
Quickblades: what should I do about the second attack?
Paul: hold
EvilGM: ((it's a miss ))
* Kazi continues to mutter and glowing light streams forth from her hands
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 17 + 4 + 1 = 22 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
* Zombie - Giant grunts as more magical energy slams into it, but is still up, and still intent on smushing folks
EvilGM: Flint then Zombie then Slowthinker
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 5 + 6 + 0 = 11 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1+dmg ⇒ 7 + 1 + 0 = 8 »
Flint: no ap...
Flint: (done)
EvilGM: The bullet passes harmlessly between the zombie's legs and imbeds in the wall
* Zombie - Giant exhales a foul smelling gas as it tries to smash Quickblades again « 1d20+8 ⇒ 16 + 8 = 24 » for « 2d4+5 ⇒ 4 + 5 = 9 »
Quickblades: Hey, big guy, would you quit it?
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Feliks
Zombie - Giant: heeeeeeeeeh
Slowthinker: It's time to teach you some new vocabulary...
* Slowthinker smites bad guy: « 1d20+4+2+1-2+2 ⇒ 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 11 » damage « 2d8+6+2*2 ⇒ 16 + 6 + 2 * 2 = 26 »
Slowthinker: ((blast))
Slowthinker: ((done))
Feliks: ap?'
Feliks: sheesh
Slowthinker: ((nah, this one is worse than before... that's counting the flank))
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 13 + 6 + 1 = 20 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 + 0 = 3 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
Feliks: done
EvilGM: The thing is starting to look pretty tattered now
EvilGM: Quickblades then Lalinlor
EvilGM: ((QB, did you get the heal from Lalinlor earlier?))
Quickblades: I did
EvilGM: You are up then
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 11 + 5 + 0 = 16 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 4 + 4 + 2 = 10 »
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 6 + 5 + 0 = 11 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 »
Quickblades: ((No AP))
Slowthinker: ((don't forget the flank))
Quickblades: ((already got it))
Slowthinker: ((oh, ok))
EvilGM: Katana hits, Wakizashi misses
EvilGM: Lalinlor Holds, Paul then Kazi
Paul: Hold
EvilGM: Kazi, then Flint
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 9 + 1 = 10 »
Feliks: ap?
Kazi: gah
EvilGM: The thing collapses
Feliks: woo!
EvilGM: ((it's a zombie, they have every dex penalty in the book
Flint: These zombies sure are ornery!!
Flint: And tough!
Slowthinker: ((plus it was huge ))
Feliks: woo!
Paul: Wow.. that looked tough guys.
Paul: Thanks.
Slowthinker: And... smell bad...
* Kazi wrinkles her nose
Feliks: woo!
EvilGM: Lalinlor will heal the wounded back up
* Paul moves forward, begins searching the room
* Slowthinker winces and inspects his claw wounds for gangrene
* Slowthinker is down 12
EvilGM: Paul finds a secret door, Feliks finds a huge zombie
EvilGM: secret door is in Pauls corner
Paul: Found a secret door
Feliks: Call it for the day?
Quickblades: QB is down 9
EvilGM: The room does look like it used to be a kitchen
* Paul checks it for traps
Flint: (( are we continuing? I have 2pm ))
Quickblades: I have 5 pm.
EvilGM: ((up to you guys, I'm good for a little longer))
Kazi: (( I can stay a bit ))
* Feliks needs to shower
Quickblades: I could do about 15 minutes, tops.
EvilGM: can finish out this room then
Paul: Ooooh
Paul: There's also a loose stone in addition to the secret door.
Slowthinker: Trap?
* Paul pries up the stone
Paul: Amazing! 3 silver pearls.
* Paul gives the pearls to Kazi
Paul: And yes, the door is trapped.
Slowthinker: Of course.
Paul: Might want to back up a bit from me.
Kazi: uh, thanks
EvilGM: There is a huge zombie to provide cover
Flint: How'd the huge zombie get in here anyway? Hey, do you think they grew him in here?
Paul: It was a pit trap, but I disarmed it.
Flint: From smaller zombies?
Paul: It's not locked. Quickblades, would you like the honor?
Quickblades: Sure
EvilGM: well now, that is a mystery
* Quickblades opens the door.
Slowthinker: ((did we get healed?))
EvilGM: yes
Slowthinker: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 17 + 4 = 21 »
Slowthinker: Aren't we getting pretty close to where we were before?
EvilGM: The floor beneath Paul opens up and gives way, he falls into the darkness below
Kazi: uh oh
Slowthinker: Paul?
Slowthinker: ((and THAT's where we end it! ))
Feliks: PAul!
* Quickblades heads after him, trying to scale the wall quickly.
Paul: (hold on a sec, I get a reflex save. ROBIN GETS ANOTHER SHOT!)
Paul: Reflex Save « 1d20+7 ⇒ 18 + 7 = 25 »
EvilGM: Paul manages to catch himself and dangles from the edge of the pit
Slowthinker: ((that's a patriot reflex save, Robin...))
Flint: (is he hanging on to the edge by his pinkies? )
EvilGM: below, you see swirling water
EvilGM: call it here?
EvilGM: before the hydra sticks it's head out?
EvilGM: oh, wait.
EvilGM: muahahahaha
Paul: Sure.
Slowthinker: ((would've been better if he'd failed and then we called it, but ok))
EvilGM: ((true))
Flint: (( ok, good game! I'm gonna run ))
Quickblades: likewise.
Paul: ((gg, later))
Slowthinker: ((see ya))
Quickblades: Thanks everybody!
Paul has disconnected.
Kazi: 'twas fun!
Flint has disconnected.
Slowthinker has disconnected.
Quickblades has disconnected.
EvilGM has disconnected.
Feliks has disconnected.
You have disconnected.