EvilGM has connected.
Feliks has connected.
Flint has connected.
Kazi: hello?
Feliks: Loading…47%
Feliks: …47%
Feliks: …47%
EvilGM: my computer died.
Quickblades has connected.
Feliks: hey kazi
Feliks has disconnected.
EvilGM: my computer won't turn on, so I have to use Matt's
Slowthinker has connected.
Feliks has connected.
Slowthinker: aha!
Feliks: …47%
Kazi: fo shizzle
EvilGM: So, Lalinlor won't be joining us
Feliks has disconnected.
Flint: Eric's having some kind of map issue, it won't load for him
Flint: everyone else is fine though, I think
Feliks has connected.
EvilGM: If we have to go back to the old map, that's fine
Flint: is Vin the Bard officially out?
EvilGM: I guess.
EvilGM: He did let me know ahead of time about the problem this time though
Feliks: Yay! it loaded!
Flint: what about Mr. Paul?
Quickblades: So, which map are we currently on?
Flint: Cavern
Feliks: his fingertips are holding onto the traps in this foundation...
Slowthinker: ah... it did load for me; it was just on a blank spoty
EvilGM: Here comes Mr. Paul
Paul has connected.
Paul: ((hi))
Slowthinker: ((yo))
Quickblades: ((howdy))
Quickblades: are all present now?
* Slowthinker is
EvilGM: gimme one minute
Quickblades: k
EvilGM: okay
EvilGM: Now, where were we?
EvilGM: I think I was about to kill Paul?
Kazi: (( ACCEPT MY CHAT, BITCHES! ))
Slowthinker: ((watching Paul fall to his doom))
Flint: (( oh right! ))
Flint: (( get those d6's ready for fall dmg? ))
Slowthinker: ((using google chat... do I need to fire up a different client?))
Slowthinker: « 20d6 ⇒ 73 » falling « 5d12 ⇒ 38 » impaling spikes « 1d3 ⇒ 2 » subdual from guy kicking you while you're down
Quickblades: ((I tried to accept your chat))
EvilGM: Paul, you look down, and about 20 feet below you see what looks to be a slow moving underground river. Rusted spikes stick up from the water
Paul: I think I missed a trap, guys. Some help, please?
Slowthinker: ((oooh... must look up rules on tetanus))
* Quickblades offers a hand back up.
* Feliks offers a hand
* Slowthinker continues guarding the rear
EvilGM: It looks like the trap was meant to reset itself, but that mechanism has long sense corroded through
Paul: (Given that Paul weighs 32 lbs, I figure he's up)
* Flint twitches nervously
EvilGM: ((ayep))
* Feliks hops over.
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+11 Jump => 5 + 11 = 16
EvilGM: The pit trap is only about 5 feet wide. Everybody but the gnome can probably jump it with ease
* Quickblades follows.
Flint: (( oh great... ))
* Slowthinker offers to help the gnome
EvilGM: ((toss the gnome!))
* Slowthinker diplomatically avoids the word "toss"
* Quickblades catches him.
* Flint accepts the help
* Flint is remarkably easy to toss
EvilGM: And you have reached what seems to be a dead end
* Paul jumps the narrow gap
Feliks: all right. dead end, folks
Slowthinker: you sure?
Feliks: no
Paul: I'll look around.
* Flint searches! « 1d20+2 ⇒ 5 + 2 = 7 »
EvilGM: Feliks finds a secret door that moves out of the way easily
EvilGM: Inside this small room is a well.
Feliks: Well Well Well
Quickblades: Might be a safer way down to the water (level)
EvilGM: The pun anvil strikes Feliks for « 25d100 ⇒ 1286 »
Feliks: ow.
Paul: Who traps the path to the water source?
Feliks: does DR help?
Feliks: Amen Paul
EvilGM: ((no. And there is no reflex save))
Feliks: Obviously, great evil
Flint: does anything here really need to drink water, though? it's to kill THE LIVING!
EvilGM: There is a chain that goes down into the depths of the well, and a rotted bucket sits nearby
Slowthinker: like everything else...
* Kazi yawns
Feliks: time to lower the halfling?
Kazi: Oops, 'scuse me
Quickblades: I don't trust the well's existing hardware.
Feliks: oh, there's another secret door
EvilGM: while the crossbar is held up by rust, the chain itself is in remarkably good condition
* Paul checks it for traps
* Quickblades quickly ties a harness into a spare length of rope
Paul: Like everything else in this room, this door is rusted shut.
Paul: I'm afraid that if we are going to get through it, it will not be with.... finesse.
Paul: Almost... like it was intentionally sealed.
Feliks: yeah, with rust
Quickblades: Well, It may be the last area that we haven't covered...
Slowthinker: there are others
Quickblades: Hey, ST. Mind giving me a hand?
Slowthinker: sure..
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+11 Jump => 17 + 11 = 28
* Slowthinker rolls bend bars / lift gates: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 15 + 4 = 19 »
Quickblades: Strength Check « 1d20+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
Flint: (bend bars? what is this 2nd ed?)
* Slowthinker reminisces about system shock rolls...
EvilGM: The door opens easily from the mighty heave, almost causing the goliaths to fall through
Slowthinker: ((no!))
Slowthinker: There you go...
Paul: Thanks guys. You are great.
Quickblades: I think that rust was an illusion...
Slowthinker: illusionary rust?
Quickblades: why not.
* Paul begins heading down the corridor, searching following SOP.
* Slowthinker examines the door, mumbling to himself something about detecting magic...
Feliks: Guys, grab that portable well!
Quickblades: ((sorry, couldn't resist moving the well )
EvilGM: blah
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+11 Jump => 6 + 11 = 17
EvilGM: Paul, you aren't entirely certain, but you think you may have come around to a corridor you've already explored
Paul: I'm not entirely certain, but I think we've been here before.
Slowthinker: hm
Paul: But... we didn't find this path to the north before. (assuming north is up)
EvilGM: ((sure))
EvilGM: ((the north path slants more obviously down
Slowthinker: What, have they been digging while we were gone?
Paul: No, we might have trigered it opening.
Quickblades: Danm squirels
EvilGM: There is water in this corridor.
Paul: how deep?
EvilGM: About ankledeep starting wherw Kazi is
EvilGM: By where Quickblades is, it is waistdeep for him
Quickblades: How cold is it?
Flint: (( that's like waist for me! ))
EvilGM: freezing
EvilGM: and smelly
* Kazi is shivery
* Slowthinker has played quake...
EvilGM: with a thick coat of scum on top
Paul: Is the scum thick enough to support a halfling?
* Kazi wrinkles her nose
EvilGM: almost
EvilGM: it takes you a second to sink in
* Flint curses, and unloads his weapons, storing the gunpowder in his waterproof powderhorn
Slowthinker: need a boost?
Quickblades: Well, do we continue?
Flint: can I get on someone's shoulders so my guns don't get wet?
Paul: Quickblades, please stay close. I may need you to help me if we encounter deeper water.
Quickblades: Yup
* Feliks is impatient
EvilGM: Actually, as you continue, the water gets shallower again.
EvilGM: About 20 feet in front of Paul, it's dry again
Quickblades: I think this is where some bolders fell on me...
EvilGM: To the south is a familiar looking rock. It may have tried to crush one of you
Slowthinker: I wonder if there are any secret passages under the water...
Feliks: we should split up and search.
Kazi: (( Go Go Scooby Gang ))
Slowthinker: Split up?
Flint: There was that big room over to the east we haven't checked yet...
EvilGM: The rock does make the corridor unpassable for most of you, though Paul and Flint might be able to squeeze through by climbing over
Flint: at least fully...
Feliks: where's this rock?
Feliks: cool
Quickblades: So. Where to now?
Flint: what about the big room back to the east?
Flint: we only saw part of it, I think. it was huge!
Paul: We fully explored that, I believe.
Feliks: let's go where QB suggested
Flint: ok, let's go where Quick is suggesting
EvilGM: You do remember another passage going east from the garden room, and some more western passages
Paul: yes
EvilGM: Feliks, reflex save
EvilGM: And QWB too if you are following that close
EvilGM: « 2d6 ⇒ 2 »
EvilGM: A fine powder falls on you both. As soon as it hits your skin, it starts to burn like acid
Quickblades: ((Medic!!!))
EvilGM: ((since Lalinlor can't make it, everybody has 1 potion of cure light wounds))
Feliks: I'm on acid!
EvilGM: ((except Feliks))
Paul: I've seen those traps before. Nasty. That's why I like to go first.
* Quickblades rolls further into the corridor.
EvilGM: « [1d6 ⇒ Invalid expression: [1d6 »]
EvilGM: « d6 ⇒ 1 »
EvilGM: « 1d6 ⇒ 6 »
EvilGM: 2nd round of damage
EvilGM: « 1d2 ⇒ 1 »
EvilGM: 3rd round
EvilGM: and the damage stops, but it probably still hurts
EvilGM: what with all that stagnant gunk still on you.
* Quickblades downs a potion
Slowthinker: You guys all right?
Quickblades: CLW « 1d8+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
Feliks: ow
Feliks: the powder burns
Paul: May I go first again? Sorry I delayed.
Quickblades: Ok... That's if for traps for me.
EvilGM: It looks like only about a third of the powder actually managed to fall out of the trap
Quickblades: Paul, take your time.
Quickblades: I've learned my lesson in this cave.
Paul: Here... May I take a look at the device?
Quickblades: Maybe I'll have better luck in a different one, but for now..
* Quickblades steps away from the still 2/3 full trap.
* Paul attempts to prevent the rest of the powder from deploying.
Slowthinker: ((take the powder ))
EvilGM: ((the mechanism is corroded, the trap isn't going anywhere))
Quickblades: What do you think that stuff would do to the metal of our weapons?
Paul: ((would it be possible for me to safely remove the powder pouch))
EvilGM: ((with a successful dex check and something to put it in. It seems to react with moisture))
Quickblades: ((damn lye))
Paul: ((since I don't have a container, I will forgo it))
Paul: I think we're safe. The mechanism deployed, and the powder is still in there.
Quickblades: We have these used CLW vials...
Feliks: [1d8+1}
Feliks: « 1d8+1 ⇒ 8 + 1 = 9 »
EvilGM: ((ugh, those potions were obviously too well made))
* Quickblades is following Paul at a more measured pace than before.
Slowthinker: ((maximum healing... ))
Slowthinker: </crysis
EvilGM: Down the corridor to the west, you see a massive iron door
Quickblades: We will have to get back to that one a little later...
Feliks: why are we avoiding the massive door?
EvilGM: Paul, you see another massive iron door
Paul: Cause I like to go right.
Paul: It's a habit I picked up in my youth, and it serves me well.
Quickblades: Sounds boring to me
Kazi: Uh, looks to me you're going left
Slowthinker: ((is there another passage to the south?))
EvilGM: A large table dominates this room. On the walls still hang the tattered remnants of tapestries. In small alcoves sit various statues and other bits of artwork. Some chairs remain at the table, others lie broken into pieces around the room. There is a hole in the ceiling, and myriad spiderwebs throughout the room
Paul: Paul checks the massive door on his side for traps, and then tries it as well.
Feliks: Hey Guys! I got This Door open!
EvilGM: ((yes, there is another passage to the south))
Feliks: entering Flame's Blessing stance: Fire Resistance 5
Quickblades: Can you get this door opened Paul?
EvilGM: Feliks, you are standing on the table
Paul: It's heavily trapped.
Paul: Go help the others.
Feliks: i know
Quickblades: Well, take your time.
Kazi: Uh, helloooooooooo?
EvilGM: It is starting to buckle under your weight
Kazi: Down here... open door?
EvilGM: The table was probably once a work of art, with inlays of what looks to be actual gold
Paul: I'll work on trapping it and unlocking it. Call me if they need something opened down there.
EvilGM: This room is a treasure trove
Quickblades: Ok.
Quickblades: I'll be right around the corner.
Feliks: loot
Kazi: Ooh, treasure
Feliks: any books of great evil?
EvilGM: You find - Swirl patterned cut crystal kaleidoscope with a silver stand, ancient engraved censer, alabaster and crystal chess set, blue topaz figurine of a Fish, Carved agate statuette of an archer, coral and bronze idol, pink crystal figurine of a Ibis, Etched crystal dagger
Slowthinker: Not anymore..
Feliks: dibs on the chess set
* Kazi rolls her eyes
Feliks: my set is missing a few pieces
Kazi: No magic in this room
EvilGM: There were probably once other items, but they have been damaged by time
EvilGM: There is a throne on the northern wall
Kazi: oooh, a Throne
* Slowthinker watches the treasure hunters bemusedly
* Kazi giggles, since Slowthinker is carrying the treasure
EvilGM: Slowthinker, on either side of you are massive marble statues of some sort of griffin-like creature
EvilGM: KKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM
EvilGM: « 3d8 ⇒ 16 »
Feliks: did Paul just bite it?
Paul: (nope)
Feliks: did i?
Kazi: ?
EvilGM: ((Paul))
Slowthinker: What was that?
EvilGM: Quickblades, you see a momentary bright light where Paul is
* Paul drinks a CLW potion
Paul: 1d8+1
Slowthinker: You two all right?
Paul: Ooops.
Feliks: are we done looting?
Kazi: Sure
Paul: « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
* Kazi snoops a bit more to see if there is anything interesting
Paul: T((There we go))
Quickblades: I'm fine.
Slowthinker: What happened?
Quickblades: I'm betting a trap.
* Paul looks pretty badly burned, but he was able to drink a healing potion.
Paul: I set off a trap. There were 4.
* Slowthinker gives him another
Paul: I disarmed 3.
Paul: But.... the last one got me.
Quickblades: What was in the other Iron Door room?
Slowthinker: Sounds like you should have disarmed that one and left one of the others...
* Kazi gets a creepy crawly feeling as she leaves the room
Slowthinker: A bunch of treasure or something
* Paul drinks the proffered potion
Paul: « 1d8+1 ⇒ 5 + 1 = 6 »
* Paul has his burns heal, and he's left with only some light wounds, the kind that would disappear with a couple days' rest.
Quickblades: So, I'm going to back away again, unless I'm supposed to open the door...
Paul: No, not yet.
Paul: There were two locks.
* Paul looks at the door.
Paul: Now there's just one.
Paul: The trap melted one out.
Paul: Let me open the other.
Slowthinker: I bet behind this door is a brick wall...
* Paul unlocks the other lock with some effort.
EvilGM: ((oooh, that would have been a good idea))
Quickblades: Well, at least there was an upside to that trap going off...
Paul: No, a downside.
Paul: The melted lock sealed the door.
Kazi: I can blast it
Paul: So now, you gentlemen will have to use your lockpicking technique, if you understand my meaning.
Quickblades: Heh.
Paul: No need for blasting, a good thwack should open it.
Slowthinker: You're sure you got all the traps?
Paul: Sure enough that I'll stand right here behind you while you open it.
* Kazi is VERY unhappy about the prospect of the door being open
Slowthinker: Right... you want to try first, or shall I?
Quickblades: Kick it on the count of 2.
Quickblades: One...
Quickblades: Two...
EvilGM: ((make an attack roll, please))
Slowthinker: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 17 + 4 = 21 »
* Kazi grabs Feliks' hand nervously
EvilGM: Crunch, it opens
Quickblades: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 10 + 4 = 14 »
Slowthinker: ((that was a str check, but ok))
* Kazi pales
EvilGM: the door still needs to be pushed a bit to get into the room, but it will swing freely now
* Paul pushes the door open, grinning at having overcome the challenge that nearly killed him.
* Kazi is TOTALLY UNHAPPY
EvilGM: What was once no doubt a fine bed still dominates this chamber. A decrepit armoire leans against one wall, held up apparently by the cobwebs surrounding it. You hear a skittering sound as you open the door. A corpse lays on the bed, in surprisingly good condition. It could have been dead less than a few months. A book lays clasp between it’s rotting hands. On a raised dais there sits a large throne, and behind that, three circular bookcases.
* Kazi is hyperventhilating
Quickblades: That seems rather impractical...
Slowthinker: Who puts a throne in their bedroom?
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+4 Diplomacy => 12 + 4 = 16
Feliks: to calm Kazi
Quickblades: Hey, you guys coming?
Kazi: It's ok, Feliks
Kazi: Let's go
Paul: Someone with money and an ego.
* Kazi is resigned
Feliks: ((is it a porcelain throne?))
Paul: I think that's our quarry. Book in the hand of the dead guy on the bed.
Paul: He looks fresh.
Feliks: burn it!
EvilGM: one sec
Quickblades: The book?
* Slowthinker watches the others to see how this plays out...
Paul: (Right, we're in here to acquire some Tome for Aben, right?)
* Quickblades examines the throne
Feliks has disconnected.
EvilGM: ((it scared Feliks off))
* Paul examines the throne, and the bookcases
Kazi: Feliks went to the bed and it did 5 pts fire, 2 pts regular damage and tries to set bed on fire with book
EvilGM: The bookcases are full of books, most remarkable well preserved
Feliks has connected.
Slowthinker: Should you verify that it's the one you want before you burn it?
Paul: (Once Feliks tries to set fire to the bed, Paul backs away, not wanting to burn again.
Paul: )
Quickblades: And aren't we getting paid to recover the book, not destory it?
Feliks: if anyone wants to try to stop me
* Slowthinker just talks
EvilGM: Feliks, as you go to strike at the bed, the corpse on it opens it's eyes and looks at you
Feliks: but I've already lit it
Feliks: or not
Slowthinker: ((didn't see that coming))
EvilGM: make a will save
Quickblades: ((not at all))
Quickblades: ((I wasn't expecting a will save though...))
EvilGM: ((initiative, as I can't roll for you guys today))
Feliks: Initiative: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 2 + 5 = 7 »
Quickblades: Initiative: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 7 + 3 = 10 »
Kazi: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 »
Paul: Initiative « 1d20+3 ⇒ 13 + 3 = 16 »
Slowthinker: « 1d20-6 ⇒ 4 - 6 = -2 » init
EvilGM: ((only Feliks had to make the will save))
Quickblades: ((-6???))
Flint: Initative roll: « 1d20+2+mod ⇒ 15 + 2 + 0 = 17 »
* Slowthinker is a slow thinker
Quickblades: ((but -6??))
EvilGM: Flint, Paul, Quickblades, Feliks, Kazi, Slowthinker
Slowthinker: ((yup))
Slowthinker: ((no bad guys in the init?))
EvilGM: « 1d20 ⇒ 2 »
EvilGM: Flint, Paul, Quickblades, Feliks, Kazi, Evil Thing, Slowthinker
EvilGM: (had to look up it's initiative. AFK one sec before combat)
Flint: (don't see him on map?)
Quickblades: ((he's in the bed...))
* Flint holds action to see what the thingie does
Flint: ((if it tries something dastardly, he'll let off a shot ))
Paul: Paul draws his bow and carefully moves away.
EvilGM: ((back))
EvilGM: Quickblades?
* Quickblades draws his weapons, closes and attacks.
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+7+MOD ⇒ 4 + 7 + 0 = 11 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 10 + 4 + 0 = 14 »
Quickblades: ((done))
EvilGM: ((AP?))
Quickblades: yes
EvilGM: Feliks
Quickblades: « 1d6 ⇒ 3 »
Quickblades: drat
Quickblades: We haven't met a single thing down here that hasn't wanted to do us harm... And this thing is surely undead and up to no good.
Feliks: does it still have the book?
EvilGM: Feliks, then Kazi
EvilGM: ((Yes))
Feliks: disarm
EvilGM: ((roll it))
Feliks: Rapier: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 17 + 6 + 0 = 23 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 + 0 = 3 »
EvilGM: « 1d20+10 ⇒ 10 + 10 = 20 »
EvilGM: It loses it's grip on the book, which clatters to the floor
EvilGM: It hisses in rage
Feliks: can i kick the book, or am i done?
EvilGM: Kazi, then Fiendish thingy
EvilGM: Quickblades could
Feliks: she's thinking
Quickblades: I'll kick it back towards Slowthinker
Kazi: DIE FIENFD
Kazi: FIEND*
Kazi: FELIKS GET AWAY FROM IT
Slowthinker: ((ooh, it's German...))
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
* Flint lets off his held shot at this point
Kazi: AP: « 1d6 ⇒ 2 »
Kazi: ranged touch
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 6 + 6 + 0 = 12 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1+dmg ⇒ 1 + 1 + 0 = 2 »
EvilGM: miss
EvilGM: « 1d20+10 ⇒ 13 + 10 = 23 »
EvilGM: Feliks, make an opposed grapple check
Feliks: Grapple: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 15 + 3 = 18 »
EvilGM: « 1d20+11 ⇒ 1 + 11 = 12 »
EvilGM: ((so lucky))
Feliks: Lucky Rooster!
EvilGM: it's hand loses it's grip on you
EvilGM: Slowthinker
Flint: (( can we pause in a short bit ... food is ready over here and we have to go get it before Shana flips out ))
* Slowthinker grabs the book Quickblades kicked in his direction, and holds his sword pointed in the thing's direction with the other hand
EvilGM: ((sure))
EvilGM: ((the wrath of the Shana is worse than any monster in this dungeon))
Slowthinker: ((yes, I know I can't acutally wield a 2-handed sword in 1 hand))
Flint: ((it's cool, it's cinematic, Slowthinker! ))
Slowthinker: ((CR: Yes))
* Kazi glances at Slowthinker over her shoulder when he takes the book
EvilGM: Paul then Quickblades
EvilGM: ((or we can pause right now for 15?))
Paul: Paul will shoot his shortbow at the thing, hoping to do some sort of damage.
Kazi: pause, please?
Paul: okay
Flint: (thank you!)
EvilGM: ((okay))
EvilGM: ((back in 15))
EvilGM: I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I sleep all night. I work all day.
* Slowthinker is NOT A TREE
Paul: Yes, but when you put on women's clothing, none of us really mind.
EvilGM: I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays I go shoppin' And have buttered scones for tea.
EvilGM: lol
Quickblades: I like the new Fen Shui in the room. Nice adjustment Slowthinker...
Quickblades: Are we all back, or just some of us?
EvilGM: Just some I think
Slowthinker: I like to think of myself as the Folgers Extra Dark man...
Kazi: BACK
Feliks: um
Feliks: yum
Paul: Firing shortbow at monster (taking -4)
Flint: (i'm back)
Paul: Attack « 1d20+2 ⇒ 7 + 2 = 9 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
EvilGM: ((i think that is everyone?))
Feliks: yarp
Quickblades: Alrighty then.
Flint: (( thanks for bearing with us ))
Quickblades: NP
Slowthinker: ((np))
Kazi: (( y'all roxx0r ))
EvilGM: Paul misses, and that puts Quickblades up, followed by Feliks
Quickblades: All right fienfd. Let's see whatcha got
Kazi: (( ha ha ha ))
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 5 + 5 + 0 = 10 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 2 = 11 »
Slowthinker: ((a flank?))
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 1 + 5 + 0 = 6 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 »
Quickblades: (already includes flanking.
Quickblades: ((no ap used.))
Quickblades: ((done))
EvilGM: Feliks then Kazi
Feliks: Burning Blade Strike: « 1d20+6+MOD ⇒ 2 + 6 + 2 = 10 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 2 + 1 + 0 = 3 » Fire: « 1d6+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
* Feliks rolls: 1d6 AP => 3
Slowthinker: ((you guys can't roll above a 5, can you...))
Feliks: poop
Feliks: done
EvilGM: Kazi then Flint
* Kazi gestures and mutters
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 9 + 1 = 10 »
* Slowthinker will decline the AOO
Fiendish Thingy: ((in abyssal)) Silly fools
Kazi: ((replies)) So you think
EvilGM: Flint then Fiendish thingy
EvilGM: (Kazi's blast strikes the creature))
* Slowthinker doesn't speak that language still
* Flint draws his pistol and fires
* Flint fires his pistol! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 19 + 6 + 0 = 25 »
Damage: «
 1d8+1+dmg ⇒ 4 + 1 + 0 = 5 »
EvilGM: ((yay Flint))
Flint: (done)
EvilGM: Evil thingy bursts into a strangly colored flame. It doesn't seem to affect the bed, but both Feliks and Quickblades need to make reflex saves or take « 1d6 ⇒ 2 » negative energy damage
EvilGM: « 1d20+10 ⇒ 7 + 10 = 17 »
EvilGM: « 1d20+11 ⇒ 6 + 11 = 17 »
EvilGM: (Feliks, that's another opposed grapple)
Feliks: Grapple: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 4 + 3 = 7 »
Flint: (ut! oh!)
EvilGM: The fiendish thingy gets a hand wrapped around Felik's throat and pulls him in. Feliks, you feel like the thing is somehow draining you.
Feliks: ok
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Paul
* Slowthinker secures the book and casts a spell...
Slowthinker: ((done))
EvilGM: Paul then Quickblades
Paul: Paul shoots again
Paul: Attack « 1d20+2 ⇒ 17 + 2 = 19 » Damage « 1d4 ⇒ 1 »
Slowthinker: ((how does it work when it's involved in a grapple?)
EvilGM: ((If he roles a natural 1 he hits Feliks))
Slowthinker: ((ok, cool))
EvilGM: Quickblades then Feliks
* Quickblades slices again, taking a bit more care aiming.
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 7 + 4 + 0 = 11 »
EvilGM: ((roll a d4))
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 3 + 5 + 2 = 10 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 1 + 2 + 0 = 3 »
Quickblades: doh!
Quickblades: « 1d4 ⇒ 4 »
Quickblades: double-doh!
Feliks: actually, without Improved Precise shot, it's even odds who in a grapple he hits
EvilGM: ((nope, you are okay))
EvilGM: ((other than you miss))
Quickblades: Let's go you slippery sucker. I'm gonna get you!
Feliks: Grapple: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 12 + 3 = 15 »
EvilGM: « 1d20+11 ⇒ 17 + 11 = 28 »
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+8 Escape Artist => 9 + 8 = 17
Feliks: oh well
Fiendish Thingy: ((in abyssal)) not so fast my little friend.
Kazi: ((replies)) Just you wait
EvilGM: Kazi then Flint
Kazi: Clawed Bracer « 1d20+3 ⇒ 12 + 3 = 15 »
Damage «
 1d4+1 ⇒ 4 + 1 = 5 »
EvilGM: ((that's a hit))
Kazi: ((Toe to toe FIEND, let's DANCE))
EvilGM: ((Kazi, the flames has no effect on you when you entered the area))
EvilGM: ((which seems to have annoyed the creature))
Kazi: ((is mocking in Abyssal))
EvilGM: Flint then Fiendish
Flint: Reloading!! *click-clatch*
Flint: (all Flint has time for ... done)
Fiendish Thingy: ((in abyssal)) well well, it seems another of you is here to irritate me. Going to lock yourself away to escape like the other?
EvilGM: ((Feliks, fort save))
* Flint twitches nervously...
Kazi: ((We'll see, we'll see -- sing-songs))
EvilGM: ((take « 1d8 ⇒ 7 » subdual))
EvilGM: « 1d6 ⇒ 3 » is the neg energy damage this round
EvilGM: (reflex save for Quickblades to avoid)
Fiendish Thingy: ((in abyssal)) run away little girl. Give me the book and I'll let him keep his soul))
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Paul
* Slowthinker leaps forward and slices mightily at FT
EvilGM: ((successful save))
Slowthinker: « 1d20+24 ⇒ 5 + 24 = 29 » to hit, « 2d6+10 ⇒ 11 + 10 = 21 » damage
EvilGM: ((if you enter within 5 feet, must make reflex or take the neg energy damage. DC is 13))
EvilGM: ((Oh, now you've gone and made it mad))
Flint: (that strike was true, all right!)
Slowthinker: ((how'd you know...))
Slowthinker: « 1d20 ⇒ 13 » reflex save
Slowthinker: ((done))
EvilGM: Paul then Quickblades
EvilGM: oh paaaaaul?
Feliks: skip him
Quickblades: I'm gonna have to score big soon if I'm to keep up with you brother.
EvilGM: Quickblades then Feliks
Quickblades: Katana Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 5 + 4 + 0 = 9 »
Paul: Sorry. I dont' do muhc in combat.
Quickblades: Wakizashi Attack: « 1d20+5+MOD ⇒ 6 + 5 + 2 = 13 » Damage: « 1d6+2+MOD ⇒ 1 + 2 + 0 = 3 »
Paul: If our enemies can't be sneak attacked.
EvilGM: ((you can always shoot Feliks. That's okay with me))
EvilGM: ((he's grappled, so you get sneak attack))
Quickblades: GACKT!!!!!!
EvilGM: Feliks then Kazi
Quickblades: ((done))
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+8 Escape Artist => 6 + 8 = 14
Feliks: oh well
EvilGM: « 1d20+11 ⇒ 6 + 11 = 17 »
EvilGM: ((the dice are a little retarded today))
EvilGM: Kazi then Flint
Kazi: Eldritch Blast « 1d20+4+MOD ⇒ 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 »
Damage «
 2d6+MOD ⇒ 6 + 1 = 7 »
EvilGM: Flint then Fiendish thingy (AP?)
Kazi: BITCHES
Kazi: nah
* Flint fires his musket! (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+6+atk ⇒ 6 + 6 + 0 = 12 »
Damage: «
 1d10+1+dmg ⇒ 3 + 1 + 0 = 4 »
EvilGM: ((AP?))
Flint: ok i'lll AP
Flint: Action Point!!!! « 1d6 ⇒ 6 »
Flint: BAMM~!
EvilGM: Hit!
Flint: (done otherwise)
EvilGM: The thing is starting to look at little worse for wear
Feliks: besides being dead already?
EvilGM: ((Feliks, fort save))
EvilGM: ((Feliks passes out))
Fiendish Thingy: ((Abyssal)) Let's make this more entertaining, shall we?
EvilGM: A strange sort of sickly green light flows out of the creature, and it's corpse collapses. The light starts to envelop Feliks, and then Kazi seems to explode with a brilliant blue light. Everyone make a will save.
Slowthinker: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 10 + 3 = 13 » will
Slowthinker: « 1d6 ⇒ 3 » ap
EvilGM: Um...Flint, I'm going to assume that was a typo
Flint: yeah...
Slowthinker: ((that should've been /rgm, shouldn't it...))
EvilGM: If you roll under a 15, you go sleepy time now.
Flint: it's being weird, though i think that works
* Kazi faints with grace and dignity, then falls unconscious
Kazi: (( even making her save, bitches ))
EvilGM: So...Slowthinker, Flint, and Paul see the sickly light flow out of the room
EvilGM: And see everyone else unconcious on the floor
Quickblades: ((Crapironi))
Flint: erm....
Slowthinker: That's... not good...
EvilGM: Flint, your angle is sufficient so see the light fade out of existance almost before it gets out of the corner
Paul: Paul takes his first action in a while, and downs his potion of invisibility.
* Slowthinker casts Detect Magic
Flint: it vanished back there...
EvilGM: Oh, there is just a tiny bit of magic in this room. In fact, the magical aura on everyone is so strong it nearly blinds you. But as you watch, it slowly fades away
* Flint pokes Feliks
EvilGM: The corpse is rotting as you look at it, and poor Feliks is sort of laying in it.
* Flint tries to pull Feliks off of it
EvilGM: ((about 5 minutes later, everyone starts to regain consciousness))
Kazi: Dammit to hell
Slowthinker: Okay, what happened?
* Slowthinker is asking Kazi
Feliks: OMG. I smell AWFUL!
* Kazi looks at Slowthinker
Kazi: How in bloody hell should I know?
Kazi: Where is it?
* Kazi looks around
Paul: It fled.
Feliks: blech
Feliks: i need to go back to the trapped portable well
Paul: Some sort of spell effect. It went down the hallway, Flint said.
EvilGM: There is a bit of rotted something left on the bed
Flint: yeah, it turned into gas and went down the hall
Flint: I think...
Slowthinker: Is everyone feeling all right?
* Kazi starts cursing violently in Sclavini
Feliks: I feel kinda disgusting
* Flint flinches, moves away from Kazi
* Kazi looks over at Feliks
* Kazi curses even more bittely in Sclavini in his general direction
EvilGM: Now that the threat seems to have passed, there is a shitload of stuff in this room
Quickblades: I'm ok.
Feliks: pfft
Feliks: What?
* Kazi snorts, glares, and her mouth snaps shut with an audible click
EvilGM: Including a small altar
* Paul searches the room
EvilGM: which Flint is standing next to
* Kazi stands with as much dignity and grace as she can manage, since no one seems to be offering any assistance to a lady
Quickblades: Are we just going to let it get away?
EvilGM: Where does Paul start searching?
Quickblades: What did it do to us anyway?
Flint: THat would be hard, it kind of vanished.
Paul: The throne
* Kazi glares at all the men in the room, sniffs and stalks off to the corner containing the jars in a huff
Feliks: Do we still have the book?
Quickblades: I would guess that it is one of those undead that can leave one body, eventually taking on another.
Slowthinker: It... knocked you all out.
EvilGM: hidden in a small compartment in the throne, you find a knotwork moonsilver ring set with an acid-etched green spinel and a platinum snuff box
* Kazi is pointedly ignoring all of you jerks
Slowthinker: I was afraid of the same thing, that it would take over the body of one of us.
EvilGM: Flint, on the altar you see a pair of intricately etched steel gauntlets
* Slowthinker is still keeping an eye on Kazi
Flint: those look expensive...
Slowthinker: ((did I see any interesting magic auras while waiting for these people to wake up?))
* Kazi looks at the jars
Paul: These look very pricy.
EvilGM: Kazi, atop of the jars you see a large smooth red crystal pendulum, and on another you see an Emerald pendant on a platinum chain
EvilGM: ((yes. The book is magical, as is something hidden in the remains on the bed. There is faint magic on the circular bookcase near the jars))
* Kazi takes a look
EvilGM: ((the bookcase is faint protective magic))
Feliks: has aben been coming down to study the front room still?
EvilGM: ((so far as you know, unless he's convinced Kae to go deeper into the cavern))
Feliks: ABEN! GET OUT!
Kazi: There's some stuff over here, and there's some magic over here on this bookshelf
* Slowthinker looks at the thing on the bed
Feliks: i'm heading back to check on Aben
Kazi: FELIKS
Kazi: Perhaps you should....
* Kazi sighs
EvilGM: Other stuff found - translucent crystal scroll case, Jade and silver vase, cut crystal decanter and matched wineglasses, Delicately pierced soapstone lamp, delicately crafted gold music box , Rune-etched silver box containing 8 black onyx gemstones
* Kazi grabs items on jars
Quickblades: I'll come with you.
EvilGM: On the bed is - Narrow gold band engraved with a sigil , Rune engraved hammered silver bracelet
Paul: Paul grabs the ring and the snuff box.
* Slowthinker grabs the things on the bed and follows the others
Kazi: WAIT WAIT WAIT
Kazi: GODDAMMITALL
* Kazi is so frustrated with you
EvilGM: Feliks, everyone in the room is unconscious, though showing signs of starting to come around
* Kazi stomps her foot impatiently, lets out a huge, frustrated sigh
Kazi: You men ARE ALL IMPOSSIBLE
Kae: ((in Sclavini)) Baba Yaga's shriveled tits what the hell was that?
Paul: Well... We worry.
Quickblades: I guess we let the really really bad evil thing out upon the world. I guess it is a good move for our long-term employment.
Paul: This was what that woman foresaw.
Kae: everyone alright?
Paul: Shall we clean out this room, make sure we have everything?
Flint: I think we got the good bits!
* Flint scampers back to the entrance
Aben: Feliks, do you know what that blue light was?
Feliks: huh?
Feliks: i was unconscious
* Kazi is VERY ANGRY
Aben: Some sort of blue light, and then, we were on the ground
Kazi: What the HELL is wrong with all of you?
EvilGM: The others nod
* Kazi puts her hands on her hips
Feliks: What? WHAT?
Flint: what's wrong with YOU?!
* Kazi glares around her
Kazi: Rushing around all haphazard like
Jinan: What's wrong period!?
Maksim: That was cool
* Kazi sighs in utter disgust
Feliks: anyway, I guess we need the book, now, if it tells us what we unleashed
Flint: should we get back to Shieldmeet now ... if there is still a Shieldmeet?
Slowthinker: Delightful.
Feliks: i need a bath
Aben: If someone would kindly tell me what is going on?
Flint: Yeah! We found the book, Aben!
Flint: but it was gaurded by a corpse thing, that turned into a gas and fled
Kazi: And we found the owner too
Feliks: or, a book clutched in the hands of some Fiendish Thingy
Aben: Marvelous....I think
* Kazi rounds on Aben
Kazi: You THINK?
* Kazi points an angry finger at Aben
Kazi: Something very NOT RIGHT is going on here
Aben: My dear woman, I just got hit with some sort of magic and my head is a bit scrambled.
Kazi: You don't say!
Aben: Yes. I know.
Slowthinker: I agree...
* Quickblades steps between them
Aben: Did anyone see anything?
Kazi: I got hit by some GODDAMNED MAGIC TOO
Paul: It seemed to also have quite an affect on Feliks, and anyone who got close to it.
Flint: something next to Kazi, or on Kazi, let off the blue light. I saw it
Feliks: easy, Kaz
EvilGM: ((I give, how the fark do I turn the tokens off when impersonating?))
Quickblades: ((I like them))
Kae: On Kazi?
Flint: something she's carrying reacted to the bad guy somehow. yeah.
Slowthinker: Or something she is.
Kae: You mean it's highly likely she just saved all our lives?
* Kazi 's eyes are starting to glow a faint purple as she becomes more and more upset
* Kae gazes around quite frankly
Kazi: OH SHUT UP ABOUT THAT ALREADY!
Flint: Porbably, Kae...
* Kazi turns to Slowthinker
Slowthinker: About what? About how those black flames just ignored you entirely?
Kazi: Your attitude is intolerable, really
Slowthinker: Or were you referring to something else?
Slowthinker: Because I have other reasons.
Kazi: Oh, really?
EvilGM: Kae and Maksim are both starting to look a tiny bit hostile towards Slowthinker
Quickblades: I'm not an expert in much, but there have been an enormous number of coincedence with you Kazi.
Flint: Despite our lady friend's fould mood things could be much worse I think. Someone or something had a hand in protecting us...
Kazi: Yes, the SPIRITS sure as hell did
Kazi: SCLAVINI ones, might I add, you damned lot of INGRATES
Quickblades: Like it or not.
Flint: I'm not an in-grate!
* Kazi turns to Flint
Kazi: Not you, Flint
Aben: Enough, everyone!
* Kazi simmers down
* Kazi glares sullenly still though, eyes a-glow
Aben: Kae, please take the next person who shouts outside and let them find out how cold the ocean is this time of year.
* Flint shuts up!
Aben: Now, the rest of you. Paul, please tell me what you saw.
* Kae grins
Feliks: I want to go outside, anyway
Paul: Well, we were in the room. Feliks walked over by the bed, when he saw some book.
Paul: Feliks attempted to light the bed, the book, and the corpse carrying the book on fire.
Paul: When he did that, the corpse awoke.
Paul: It grabbed Feliks.
EvilGM: ((Jinan will follow Feliks))
Paul: We fought it. There were some spectacular strikes. It spoke in a language I didn't understand, similar to some of the other beings we've encountered here.
Paul: Then, there was a green flash.
Paul: Gas filled the room.
Paul: Everyone but Slowthinker, Flint, and I passed out.
Paul: They remained alive, but unconscious for several minutes.
Paul: The green flash moved down the hallway, and Flint said it went around the corner.
Paul: That is my complete account, Mister Aben.
Aben: Flint? You concur?
Flint: Not entirely
Aben: explain?
Flint: he left out the part of the blue flash coming from Kazi
Flint: it happened when the green stuff came out
Kazi: And before I passed out... I do remember that
* Kazi says thoughtfully
* Aben nods.
Aben: We saw blue light, but not green.
Aben: Slowthinker, did you see anything else?
* Kazi will whisper to Kae in Sclavini... tired...
Feliks: Guys, we may have trouble in the camp
Slowthinker: I saw that Kazi repeatedly spoke the same language that they did, and that the flames that touched us avoided her. She also used dark magicks several times to strike at them.
Kazi: Dark magics?
Kazi: pffft
Aben: to strike at them? Not to strike at you?
* Aben raises an eyebrow
* Feliks rolls: 1d20+7 Climb => 19 + 7 = 26
Slowthinker: Correct; she never struck at us with them, though I mistrust their source.
Quickblades: I would agree on those observations.
Aben: There are many types of magic in the world. Kazi may be odd, but I do not feel she is a threat.
Kazi: You know nothing of their source, sir, so... pffft
Quickblades: Well, except for the last. I don't really dabble in that area.
Aben: especially as I think I am to blame for the magic of this place not affecting her.
* Kazi leans on Kae
Kazi: (in Sclavini) So tired!
Quickblades: Kazi, perhaps if you would just have a very short, but open, chat with ST, then we can get past this mistrust.
Kae: Maksim, get her out of here.
Kae: take her to the healer
Slowthinker: There certainly are... I give her the benefit of the doubt from that alone, but combined with the other things I've noticed, I feel I would be remiss in not voicing my concerns in the strongest way possible.
* Maksim obliges Kae
Quickblades: It isn't doing any good to have that kind of tension.
* Kazi is rushed away, looking woozy
* Kazi calls back
Kazi: Um...
Aben: Let's go up. Sunlight will no doubt make this conversation easier
Kazi: Feliks and Jinan have climbed up!
* Slowthinker follows Aben dubiously
EvilGM: back to grass map then?
Quickblades: ((what's the time situation for today?))
Kazi: (( on grass map ))
EvilGM: ((I've got another hour))
EvilGM: You see Feliks talking to folks, and Jinan speaking quite sternly to an abashed looking Rayner
EvilGM: ((Lalinlor will take this opportunity to heal everyone of any damage they still have))
* Kazi is tired and hungry
Feodor: ((to Feliks)) what exactly would we be looking for?
* Kazi is also grumpy
Paul: I'm feeling rather tired from the day. Two traps nearly got me.
Feliks: a...glow?
* Maksim makes a comfy spot for Kazi and brings her food. And then pulls a small canteen from Kaes stuff and offers it to her with a shushing motion
* Kazi nods and eats
Feodor: a glow?
* Feodor gestures to the fire
Feodor: 'just that one
Feliks: yeah, i guess
Feliks: it was a different glow, and used to be a dead thing.
Faelivrin: you found something, didn't you? You found it.
Faelivrin: burn it.
Lev: what did you find?
Flint: we probably shouldn't burn it... something escaped and the bad guy seemed mad that we had it
Flint: so it is probably good for us
Aben: well, yes. Aside from strange lights, what did you find?
Faelivrin: idiots
Flint: we'll see who is the idiot (eyes narrow at Faelivrin)
* Faelivrin gazes at the fire in grumpy silence
Flint: we found some other stuff, too, Aben
Flint: expensive lookin' stuff!
* Kazi giggles
Flint: I'm not carrying it though
Aben: bring it here. Perhaps there are additional clues to be found
EvilGM: afk 1 sec
Slowthinker: There's more books down there, but this is probably the important one...
Kazi: You jush watsh who your calling an idiot!
* Slowthinker takes it out
* Kazi gets up a bit unsteadily
EvilGM: back
* Kazi walks over to Aben
* Maksim takes the canteen away from Kazi and gently assists her back to the ground
* Kazi sits back down, and giggle
Kazi: *giggles
Aben: All the books are no doubt important, if for no reason other than historical value.
* Paul lies down, resting by the fire.
* Kazi pulls Maksim close and whispers conspiratorially
* Kazi passes out
Quickblades: I'll go get them. I'll need a few bags, and a few strong arms to help me though. Like 2 people.
Slowthinker: ((the book doesn't have a cover that says something like "Necronomicon ex mortis" or something, does it?))
* Maksim shuffles his feet as Kae glares at him and says 'I only gave her a little'
Quickblades: Any takers?
Flint: (( it actually reads, "Players Handbook, 4th edition" ))
EvilGM: There are strange markings on the book, but none you recognize
Slowthinker: I should stay up here for now, I think, brother.
Feliks: I'll gto
EvilGM: Dima and Lev both volunteer
* Kazi snores blissfully
EvilGM: As does Kae. Jinan steps on Rayners foot, and Rayner volunteers
Aben: May I examine the book?
EvilGM: It will take those headed down about an hour go gather everything and get it back up
Feliks: If ST is staying up here, then I'll stay, too.
Slowthinker: If you don't mind my looking on as well...
EvilGM: But they can do it without much trouble
* Flint will keep watch at camp
Slowthinker: I feel an obligation to keep an eye on it until we decide what to do about it.
* Aben certainly
EvilGM: by the time the rest get up with the stuff, Aben will have managed to translate a little
Aben: This stuff is like a madman's rantings.
Aben: Mamitu has shown me the way and the truth. Even forgotten they do not die, merely change. Not mortal, never mortal, divine and outside divine. To become Lotan the many, or imbue with fire of Nusku. To pull into me the essence of divine.
Time time only time. The gates Ningishzida guards shall be torn down by these fools who think they smarter than the daemons. This world is their plaything, and mortals seek to usurp them. We shall be used by them, and in turn use them, and show them where true power lies. Amaushumgalana’s wheel shall turn evermore with the ages and I shall speak the words of Nam Shub, as written upon the Me. Mamitu has shown me the way.
Aben: I've never seen these names before
Feliks: Burn it
* Kazi awakens after a few hours, yawns, stretches
Kazi: What's going on?
Flint: I think my Uncle's middle name is Amaushumgulana...
Aben: I'd like to examine it further before burning it. But that may well be it's eventual fate.
Flint: or was it Apokalitipural?
* Aben sighs a bit regretfully
* Kazi looks around... where's Feliks?
Aben: The language is Esenar
Slowthinker: Well, we need to make sure it doesn't have information we need in it... like what to do about whatever we woke up down there.
EvilGM: Rayner and Jinan both chime in with 'burn it' at that.
Flint: who speaks, or spoke, Esenar?
Kazi: Are we having a bonfire?
Aben: People who lived in Amareth before it was an empire. Evil people
Jinan: Very evil
* Kazi stands and wanders over to where Aben is
* Kazi smiles at Aben
Kazi: What's going on?
Aben: I translated the first page of text.
Kazi: What'd it say?
Feliks: we're discussing the fate of The Book
Aben: I'd rather not repeat it. A madman's rantings.
Kazi: Anything interesting? Doom, gloom, that sort of thing?
* Kazi nods
Feliks: is it magic?
Kazi: If that gross thing down there was his remains, then he wasn't very nice
Flint: I still say it's silly to brun it, at this juncture
Kazi: Yes Feliks, it's very very magic!
* Feliks checks your temperature
Aben: can it even be burned I wonder?
Kazi: (to Aben) Mind if I sit? (Kazi will take a seat next to him if he doesn't mind)
Flint: at least flip through it. any illustrations?
* Kazi is cool to the touch
Flint: diagrams?
Flint: schematics?
* Flint gets excited!
* Aben flips through.
* Slowthinker watches quietly
Aben: There are sketches. Not pleasant ones.
* Kazi looks over his shoulder as he flips through pages
* Kazi frowns
* Kae pulls Feliks aside and whispers something to him in Sclavini
Feliks: k
Kazi: This seems rather anticlimactic
* Kazi sighs despondently
Slowthinker: What were you expecting?
Aben: was there anything else in the cavern?
Slowthinker: A few things. I'm not sure we explored everything either.
Flint: there are probably some rooms we missed, judging by some passages we didn't follow....
Slowthinker: The consensus was that this was what we were looking for, though
Aben: are you willing to return to exploring after a night's rest?
Kazi: Well, for the Doomsday device, a book full of mad ravings doesn't seem very exiciting
Aben: make sure we got everything?
Slowthinker: Sure/
Flint: Sure. We're here, anyway, we'd be remiss not to
* Aben smiles
Aben: It's near enough to dinner time.
Quickblades: We can go back in tomorrow.
Aben: I'm going to look over the other items for a while.
* Aben starts doing so
* Kazi sits next to Aben, just staring off into space
* Flint excuses himself, goes to clean his guns at the wagon
EvilGM: Feodor ladles out stew for everyone, with some flatbread to accompany it.
Slowthinker: This may be what that... thing was wearing.
* Slowthinker produces the two items
* Aben looks them over with interest
Aben: set them here please
Feliks: I think you should hold on to those for now, ST
* Aben indicates his work area
* Kazi leans toward Aben
* Slowthinker glances over at Feliks
Slowthinker: Why's that?
Feliks: Kazi, can you get my pack?
* Kazi speaks quietly
* Quickblades nods in agreement.
* Kazi looks at Feliks
* Aben gazes at some of the other books
Kazi: I am talking to Aben, Feliks
Feliks: Now?
* Aben smiles at Kazi
Feliks: PLease?
* Kazi sighs heavily
Kazi: FINE
Aben: we can chat later
* Kazi grumbles about Feliks being fully able to get his own damned pack
* Slowthinker sets the stuff down and watches Aben, curious as to what he's going to do with them
* Feliks draws rapier, points it at Aben.
Feliks: "Where'd the stutter go?
Feliks: And who's in there now?
Aben: ((dammit, afk one sec))
* Slowthinker puts his hand down on the band and bracelet at this
* Quickblades loosens his blades in their sheaths.
* Kazi turns
Aben: what do you mean?
Feliks: Oh so eloquent Aben.
Feliks: Who'sin there now?
* Aben starts to stand up
Feliks: sit
* Aben sits
* Kazi starts to walk back
Feliks: ok.
* Slowthinker picks up the book, ring and bracelet and stands himself, stepping back slightly
Feliks: I'd like the healer to take a look at oyu
Aben: if you insist
Feliks: i do.
Feliks: Lal?
Feliks: Slowthinker, any insights?
Lalinlor Loth: He seems healthy
Feliks: Kazi?
Slowthinker: I don't know him as well as you...
Kazi: Wait wait wait
Slowthinker: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 20 + 8 = 28 » sense motive
Feliks: Any way to look deeper?
Faelivrin: If you promise not to stick pointy items at me if I cast a spell, I might be able to help
Kazi: Everyone was still glowing with blue light when we were arguing around the entrance
Kazi: Didn't you say the fiend turned into a green light?
Rayner: green?
Feliks: Ok, elf, my rapier is not pointed on you
* Faelivrin waggles her fingers
* Kazi whispers something urgently to Feliks in Sclavini
Rayner: are you sure it was green?
Slowthinker: I'm not sure I trust the color to determine its effect...
Slowthinker: I mean, this isn't dragons we're talking about here.
Faelivrin: He isn't evil.
* Kazi glares at Slowthinker
Aben: Of course I'm not evil.
Feliks: What, Rayner?
Slowthinker: So Kazi, what exactly was it that protected you earlier?
Kazi: I'm sorry, are you the resident expert on such things?
* Rayner draws his weapon and frowns.
Rayner: 'I saw green.
Feliks: on?
* Rayner starts to turn around
* Dima turns and runs like hell
Slowthinker: ((init time?))
EvilGM: sure
Feliks: Initiative: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 16 + 5 = 21 »
Kazi: Initiative: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 8 + 2 = 10 »
Slowthinker: « 1d20-6 ⇒ 16 - 6 = 10 » booyah
EvilGM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 3 + 2 = 5 »
Flint: Initative roll: « 1d20+2+mod ⇒ 11 + 2 + 0 = 13 »
EvilGM: Feliks, Flint, Kazi, Slowthinker, Dima
Paul: Init: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 18 + 3 = 21 »
Paul: I'm still here, really.
EvilGM: Feliks, Paul, who has the higher dex?
Quickblades: Initiative: « 1d20+3 ⇒ 7 + 3 = 10 »
EvilGM: Qb, Kazi, who has the higher dex?
Paul: 17 Dex, +3 mod.
Quickblades: Same
Slowthinker: ((well, you both beat me.. ))
Kazi: QB
Feliks: PAul, watch Aben?
Quickblades: sorry, I only have a 16
Feliks: 18 dex
EvilGM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 11 + 2 = 13 »
Paul: Sure thing.
EvilGM: « 1d20+2 ⇒ 1 + 2 = 3 »
Feliks: Wind Stride: +10ft bonus to move speed
EvilGM: Feliks, Paul, Flint, Sclavini, Quickblades, Kazi, Slowthinker, Dima, Amareth
EvilGM: ((feliks was standing, yes?))
Feliks: Sword drawn and everything
EvilGM: Paul then Flint
Feliks: A rush of warm air is left in his trail
Paul: I watch Aben, drawing my Rapier and then moving towards him.
EvilGM: Flint, then the Sclavini, then Quickblades
* Flint with no musket to shoot (currently in pieces), he levels a shot from his pistol at Dima
Flint: (1 range increment)
* Flint fires his pistol! (Precise Shot)
Attack Roll: «
 1d20+5+atk ⇒ 1 + 5 + -2 = 4 »
Damage: «
 1d8+dmg ⇒ 8 + 0 = 8 »
Flint: « 1d4 ⇒ 4 »
EvilGM: ((you don't shoot Feliks))
EvilGM: ((but you still miss))
* Flint curses
Feodor: That's my son you are shooting at!
Flint: He's not your son anymore...
Feodor: « 1d20+5 ⇒ 14 + 5 = 19 »
Feodor: ((opposed grapple, Feodor is tackling Flint))
Flint: Grapple Check (lol, gnome in a grapple): « 1d20-2+mod ⇒ 7 - 2 + 0 = 5 »
Feodor: « 1d20+4 ⇒ 12 + 4 = 16 »
Kazi: FEODOR!
EvilGM: Kae runs after Feliks, Lev and Maksim looks confused
EvilGM: Quickblades then Kazi
Flint: ackk!
* Kazi says something to Aben urgently in Sclavini
EvilGM: Kazi then Slowthinker
* Quickblades runs and catches the posessed man.
Quickblades: ((done))
* Aben responds in Sclavini
Kazi: Please, everyone, do not harm him
* Kazi stands protectively in front of Aben
EvilGM: Slowthinker then Dima then the Amareth then Feliks again
Quickblades: ((out of earshot?))
EvilGM: ((In a normal speaking tone, yes, you are))
Kazi: About Aben
Kazi: not Dima
* Slowthinker glances at Dima and the others, draws his weapon, and points it at Aben, though he doesn't immediately attack
* Aben doesn't move or flinch
* Dima notes his persuers, and makes a leap at the cliff
Slowthinker: Something is definitely not right here...
Kazi: (free action) You don't think your skills are more useful elsewhere, big man?
Slowthinker: ((aaah! AOOs!))
Slowthinker: I trust them. Don't you?
EvilGM: ((take AoOs if you wish))
Quickblades: Attack: « 1d20+7+MOD ⇒ 5 + 7 + -2 = 10 » Damage: « 1d10+4+MOD ⇒ 9 + 4 + 2 = 15 »
Quickblades: subdual
Kazi: I do. You just were quick in the last chase
EvilGM: ((AP?))
Flint: (DO IT~!)
* Slowthinker looks concerned as the AOOs are resolved...
Feliks: Rapier: « 1d20+8+MOD ⇒ 11 + 8 + -4 = 15 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 5 + 1 + 0 = 6 »
EvilGM: ((AP?))
Feliks: subdual
Quickblades: yes, ap
Quickblades: « 1d6 ⇒ 2 »
Feliks: and +2 if flanking
Slowthinker: ((subdual with a rapier? We'll just call him Zorro))
Quickblades: that's a 14.
EvilGM: ((QB, you still miss))
* Feliks rolls: 1d6 AP => 6
Quickblades: GACKT!!!
Feliks: so 6 subdual
* Slowthinker grimaces
EvilGM: ((Feliks, you hit, but the blow isn't sufficent to stop him from leaping, then floating like a leaf to land lightly on the ground))
Slowthinker: I don't fly.
EvilGM: ((he heads up the beach, northerly))
* Quickblades climbs down as rapidly as possible.
* Quickblades rolls: 1d20+8 Climb => 9 + 8 = 17
EvilGM: ((bout a 100 feet))
Feliks: where is he now?
Feliks: that's one MF of a move
EvilGM: The cliff does continue off past where I've drawn it.
Quickblades: Then continues the chase.
* Quickblades then resumes the chase.
Slowthinker: ((well, at least you have accelerated climbing))
EvilGM: ((I was hoping you'd try to grapple, personally))
Slowthinker: ((me too))
Quickblades: ((I should have, actually. didn't think of it...))
Feliks: whose turn?
Quickblades: ((I move at 160 on a full sprint.))
Feliks: and I didn't, cause it was a full move, and I can't grapple on an AoO
EvilGM: Is QB the only chaser? Feliks won't be able to follow for long atop, the terrain will get in the way
Feliks: I have a bow
Feliks: and an awesome DEX
EvilGM: ((you'll get at least one good shot. Make it count))
EvilGM: ((QB, what is your climb speed?))
Quickblades: Um...
Slowthinker: ((we don't get climb speeds, but we get accelerated climbing (as per the skill) for free))
Quickblades: right, without the -5 penalty.
Feliks: Shortbow: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 7 + 8 = 15 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 1 + 1 + 0 = 2 »
EvilGM: ((how many rounds will it take you to get down a 100 ft cliff face? Assuming DC of 15))
Slowthinker: ((so it should be a 20' climb speed, since that's half his base land speed))
EvilGM: ((Feliks, that hits, but doesn't bring him down))
Quickblades: I can climb at 1/2 speed... so 20
Quickblades: right. Can I still do the 4x on that?
EvilGM: I don't think so.
Flint: no, it's more like you get down in 5 rounds ... which is dman fast
Flint: but not fast enough
EvilGM: Or 4 and jump the last 20.
Slowthinker: ((climbing is a move action, though, so you can at least double move))
Quickblades: i'll jump
EvilGM: But he'll have at least 2 rounds to cast, so by the time you'd catch up, he's vanished.
EvilGM: He doesn't have enough time to set traps and didn't get to swipe shit, so that's good
Feliks: if I can take a second shot, I will
EvilGM: you can, but it's at a range increment penalty
Feliks: even with max range penaltieds
Feliks: what's my negative?
Feliks: on a 120 ft range increment
EvilGM: ((looking it up, can't find my PHB))
Feliks: well, it's -2 for each increment
Slowthinker: ((usually -2 per increment above the first))
Feliks: i just need to know the range
EvilGM: 120 ft by the time you can take your next shot
* Quickblades makes a heavy mark in the cliff to denote where the bastard disappeared, in case there is any magic residuals.
Slowthinker: ((on the up side, if he's running flat out, he's probably not casting anything))
Feliks: Shortbow: « 1d20+8 ⇒ 12 + 8 = 20 » Damage: « 1d6+1+MOD ⇒ 3 + 1 + -2 = 2 »
Slowthinker: ((-2 damage?))
Feliks: that should be 18 to hit, 4 dmg
Feliks: put the -2 on the wrong side of the equation
EvilGM: ((hit, didn't bring him down)). Kae is focusing his attention on keeping Feodor from running after Feliks and doing Feliks harm. Maksim is doing the same to Lev.
EvilGM: With some help from Jinan
* Flint is free!!
* Slowthinker is grimacing as he keeps an eye on Aben (and Kazi, but mostly Aben)
EvilGM: Feodor didn't hurt Flint.
EvilGM: Lalinlor seems amused by everything
* Kazi is not amused
EvilGM: Aben continues to sit silently.
Slowthinker: ((what is Rayner doing?))
* Quickblades returns, eventually
* Kazi stands protectively over Aben
Flint: OK ... so you're the blue thing, then ... i think I get it (to Aben)...
EvilGM: Keeping an eye on everything, confused as hell
Feliks: Dima is gone, then?
EvilGM: yep
Feliks: ok.
Kazi: (( damn, he was a hottay ))
Feliks: Hey, i would have stood there pensively for a few dramaticmoments
Slowthinker: So, explanations. Now.
EvilGM: ((He was the only one of the guys above the cliff who failed a will save))
EvilGM: ((I was almost forced to make an evil horse))
* Kazi glares at Slowthinker
Flint: he doesn't stutter anymore ... why didn't I notice .... (grumbles to self)
Kazi: I don't take orders from you
Kazi: Speak politely
Slowthinker: I wasn't talking to you.
Aben: If I could explain. I would.
Kazi: Are you still Aben?
Aben: Yes
Aben: and not quite
Kazi: But not quite Aben?
* Kazi smiles
Kazi: You speak Sclavini now, I notice
* Aben goes blank eyed for a moment.
Aben: I suppose I do. I remember it.
Slowthinker: ...
Kazi: You didn't before
Kazi: I remember that.
* Kazi smiles gently
Kazi: Do you remember a cave?
Kazi: To the Far North?
* Kazi looks very intent
Aben: I remember....i don't know.
Aben: It's like a dream I once had or something. I'm definitely me. But there are someone else's memories in here as well.
* Kazi nods
Feliks: We should get back to Shieldmeet, Faelriven, come with?
Quickblades: Hey. I lost him. Went invisible or something. Perhaps just is good at hiding.
Kazi: I have memories too... of things past...
Quickblades: I was never the tracker, so I figured I could only come back.
* Kazi smiles
Slowthinker: At least you chased him.
Aben: There are other things in the cave
Quickblades: Lot of good it did.
Aben: BUt if you wish to return to shieldmeet, I shall abide by your decision.
Quickblades: Look, we can catch this guy. He has arrows in him.
Flint: he might have teleported or something, though ... who knows what he's capable of now
EvilGM: Lev and Feodor return to the camp. And they are, to say the least, pissed
Slowthinker: Do you know, Aben?
Slowthinker: Or Kazi, for that matter?
Quickblades: The demon that is possessing him can't really risk pushing his body too far.
Kazi: All this talk of demons is growing tiresome
Flint: why not? it could just possess something else then...
Feliks: let's find him, then
Aben: I am Aben.
Slowthinker: For once, we're not trying to pin it on you, Kazi. I'd think that would be refreshing.
Kazi: And I am Kazi, no more, no less
Aben: I know... he had magic. But he had to bargain for it
* Kazi sniffs
Aben: with...something.
Aben: He'll want the book back.
Kazi: He definitely was unhappy about that
Flint: it's leverage, it'll keep him near us
Flint: so we shouldn't burn it
Quickblades: So, do we then wait and set an ambush?
Slowthinker: But he'll come after us at a time of his choosing.
Quickblades: Right, not ideal.
Quickblades: Can't guarantee a fair fight.
Slowthinker: If we could track him, I'd say we should.
Kazi: Well, let's clear out the den first
Slowthinker: Did he leave footprints in the sand after he disappeared?
Feliks: better that he come at us at a place of our choosing, if he gets to choose the time. Let's return to Shieldmeet
Kazi: he might try and come back and get useful things he left behind
Feodor: Somebody explain to me what the hell is going on here, or I swear by Santanail I'm going to hurt someone.
* Kazi gives Feodor a sympathetic look
Flint: your son has been possessed by an evil spirit
Slowthinker: Yes, that's what I've been asking for a while now.
Kazi: Feodor, I think we unwittingly set it free
Lev: No.
Kazi: No?
Feodor: Lev, saddle up two horse. We are going after him.
* Lev starts obliging
Kazi: Feodor, that is not wise
Kazi: Lev, please
Feodor: Shut up.
Feodor: That's my son
Quickblades: He left footprints right up to firm ground.
Kazi: Feodor, he is not your son anymore
Quickblades: He might have left them beyond, but I was unable to determine that.
Feodor: I said shut up.
Kazi: not right now, at least
Feliks: Kazi, let it be
* Feodor turns away angrily.
Feliks: Do we have a tracker?
* Kazi looks at Kae imploringly
Slowthinker: ((say Dima, say Dima...))
* Lev finishes saddling the horses
Kazi: (in Sclavini) Can you explain?
Feliks: (Jinan?)
EvilGM: Rayner, Feodor, and Dima were the NPC trackers.
EvilGM: Along with Kae, actually
Feliks: If we have a tracker, saddle up a horse for me, too
Kae: I could. But if it were Maksim....if it were Maksim I'd have thrown Feliks off the cliff when he started shooting.
* Kae sighs and watches Lev and Feodor start heading off
* Kazi sighs
* Kazi looks at Aben
* Kazi looks at the group
Flint: I agree with Kazi that we should clean up whatever's left down there...
Aben: He'll go...there were other caves. He'll go to one of them.
Quickblades: I think ti would be foolish to let them go on their own.
* Aben looks up at Kazi.
Slowthinker: Yes...
Quickblades: What if one of them gets taken next...
Aben: Dima is still there. Just as I am.
Kazi: I know he is
Slowthinker: So the same thing is happening to both of you?
Slowthinker: With the obvious differences of course.
Kazi: how far can he get, do you think?
Quickblades: But with Blue instead of Green?
* Slowthinker glances at Kazi
* Kazi glances in irritation at Slowthinker
Slowthinker: Or all three, or however many of you there are
Aben: no. I'm...this is confusing. It's not possessing me. Not...not really. It's just...I have other memories now.
Kazi: I am not having any sort of problem, I don't think
Kazi: I have... memories too
Slowthinker: So whatever this other one is, it's doing something different to Dima?
Kazi: Yes
Aben: I think it had to. It had the doll, but preventing it....if it hadn't entered me it would have died.
Slowthinker: Because you seemed quite certain that the same thing was happening, in some way.
Aben: I don't think it could have possessed me even if it wanted to. After stopping the other, there wasn't enough left.
Aben: I didn't notice I wasn't stuttering.
Slowthinker: Were they both let out at the same time?
* Aben looks a bit confused
Aben: I don't know.
Kazi: You were awake
Slowthinker: How does Kazi fit into this?
Kazi: You tell us
Aben: I.. or rather the one that entered me, used Kazi's energy. It didn't have enough. The other is stronger.
Slowthinker: I see...
Slowthinker: And that's why you two have the same strange additional memories?
Kazi: Yes
Aben: I suppose.
Aben: It's most disconcerting.
Kazi: I think
* Kazi smiles
* Aben blushes a bit
Kazi: I carried the spirit Doll
Aben: the spirit you see, is female.
Slowthinker: All right. But it doesn't explain why you were holding conversations with it before this...
Kazi: with what?
Slowthinker: With that creepy evil corpse in the bedroom
Kazi: Oh, he was just taunting
Kazi: So I was taunting back
Slowthinker: I think you misunderstand me.
Slowthinker: That didn't sound like a language we were meant to speak.
Quickblades: What of the great dragon of MeatShield? Could he shed some light on all of this?
Kazi: Do you know a lot about languages?
Slowthinker: ((... ?!))
* Kazi laughs lightly
Aben: He might, if any know where he is.
Quickblades: I'm just saying, if this is as dire as our elfin addition over there claims it is, he might be willing to clear some aspect of the whole thing for us.
Slowthinker: I don't know a lot about anatomy, but I know when dead bodies start getting up and walking around, it's not Right. I don't know a lot about cooking, but I know when a fresh-baked loaf of bread rots in the oven and locusts spill out of it, that's not Right. And I don't know a lot about language, but I get a bad feeling about the one he was speaking, too.
* Kazi shrugs
Slowthinker: ((is this someone I should have heard of?))
Kazi: It's not one many speak, now
Aben: The council may know how to get in touch with him
Kazi: no*
EvilGM: ((The dragon is the official ruler of Shieldmeet. He's just not in Shieldmeet and hasn't been seen in a while))
Kazi: There are folks on the Council that may be able to help
Slowthinker: ((ohhhh... I must've missed that part, sorry))
Quickblades: Well, it would be a place to start, if we don't manage to end the whole thing soon, and right here.
Slowthinker: So we need to stop those poor people who rode out after ... whatever this is, and we should make sure we didn't leave anything behind that it would want to come back for... then we can go to this council and see what they have to say.
Quickblades: I'm good with that plan.
Slowthinker: Unless we should hunt it down now... but that didn't work out too well last time we fought it.
Quickblades: Do we form 2 groups, or do we pick the people or the artifacts?
Slowthinker: We can't leave the people to their fate. We need to chase them first.
Slowthinker: But I needed to hear what was going on before I made my decision.
Quickblades: But they chose their fate, and we made that as clear as we could.
EvilGM: ((not to mention they are way ahead of you now))
Slowthinker: A father is riding to rescue his son, despite perilous odds... I can't condemn him for that.
Quickblades: I suppose I cannot either.
Slowthinker: But they are far ahead of us. If we catch them, it will be because they are searching for the trail.
Kazi: And Feliks
* Kazi looks like she has half a mind to go after them
Quickblades: True, so we won't have lost too much time. Actually, we will have done something constructive while they find the trail.
Quickblades: Aben, you and the artifacts that we have are going to have to come with us...
Slowthinker: ((question... where did they go with those horses? Not down the cliff, I trust))
Aben: Agreed
Quickblades: Well, we better get moving.
Quickblades: Do we leave anyone behind with the wagons?
Quickblades: Is there anything irreplacable on them?
Flint: yeah. we plan on coming back here, after akk.
Flint: all*
Quickblades: In case they are looted.
EvilGM: Maksim and Jinan will volunteer. Rayner will go with you to track as needed
* Slowthinker glances at Faelivrin
Slowthinker: And you?
Flint: go get Feodor, etc., track, come back, then clear out the rest of this cave
Slowthinker: ((where DID they go? Seriously... I thought they'd be tracking Dima at the bottom of the cliff))
Faelivrin: I'll stay here and guard the campfire. Idiots.
* Kazi glances at the Elf
* Quickblades puts his hand in, and motions for the others to do the same.
Slowthinker: If you have any insight into this, now would be the time. If you just want to insult us or say you told us so, don't bother.
Kazi: She sure does throw that word around a lot
* Flint eagerly puts his hand in! Go Team!
Quickblades: Ok.. One, Two, Three... Break!
Kazi: Rock paper scissors?
Kazi: Oh, right!
Kazi: GO TEAM
EvilGM: Aben will point out that the cliff ends about 4 miles to the north, and they may be trying to cut Dima off
Slowthinker: ((ok, cool))
Quickblades: ((I'm gonna have to log off in a few minutes.))
Feliks: good stoppin' point
Slowthinker: Should we go along the cliff at the bottom and meet up with them, or chase after?
Slowthinker: ((yeah))
EvilGM: ((alrighty then))
EvilGM: ((There may be a time change for next session due to work))
Kazi: k
Feliks has disconnected.
Slowthinker: ok, see y'all later, then...
Flint: ok, see yas
Quickblades: alright.
Quickblades: I think we should pursue from the bottom...
Paul has disconnected.
Quickblades: have a good week.
Quickblades: or two
Kazi: see y'all
Quickblades has disconnected.
EvilGM has disconnected.
Slowthinker has disconnected.
You have disconnected.